Cat Paper - anyone else use this?

Old August 8th 05, 09:04 PM
Juls

In article , Kitkat
wrote:

Dudley buries air and the mat outside the box. He thinks he is covering
his business. It is too funny. Luna, however, is pretty fastidious. I
think Dudley probably was too when he could see. I think it is simply
amazing that he NEVER misses the box, even though he cant see or hear! I
think that still qualifies as fastidious, all things considered!

OMG, Dudley is deaf AND blind? Amazing that he never misses his
box...what a champ! He's Helen Keller.

Jack, the cat that buries air (and heat vents), used to be as obsessed
with his food plate. He would find anything he could to cover his plate
when finished, a paper towel, scrap of paper, kitchen towel, even icky
meat wrappers from the trash can. He just always had to cover his
plate. It was quite adorable, and I guess some kind of leftover from
his feral days. He originated from a feral colony. But I guess he
finally realized he doesn't have to hide it anymore and has stopped
that.

--
To email (remove annoying hyphens)

j-u-l-i
at
e-c-t-dot-o-r-g
Old August 8th 05, 10:06 PM
Hailey

Juls wrote:
In article , Kitkat
wrote:

[...]

So there is HOPE! LOL
When we lived in our house Tucker's constant burying never bothered us.
Now, in the RV, the small bathroom is right next to the small bedroom
and we hear him in the small shower stall, where his litter pan is
located, at all hours of the night (and day) LOL
It esp drives hubby batty. I can roll over and forget he's in there
burying air.
His food and water dishes are outside the stall, and he buries both.
yep, Food and water! LOL
Food so much that I've begun to put his food dish outside the bathroom
door, around the corner in the living room.
He still buries (with thin air more often than not) but we can't hear
him now.
He has easy access beneath the bathroom and bed room doors as there is
quite a clearance, so he comes and goes, burying and burying LOL

Hailey
Old August 8th 05, 11:07 PM

Well, unfortunately not, the only other (non) option is the kitchen,
and that doesn't work for me! I would love him to do his business
outside, but he's 16 and spent the 1st 13 years of his life in a flat,
so won't do it, goes out for a while but always come in to use the
tray. It gets changed daily. Unfortunately I don't live in a mansion
and the dining room is the only place with room to put it without
having to walk over it.

Old August 9th 05, 12:46 AM
Spot

My solution to this was to take my old dog kennel that I no longer use (one
of the plastic ones) and sit it in the corner and put the cat litter box
inside of it. Now they have nice high sides, an entrance and can dig to
China and still miss the box completely and it's all confined inside the
bigger box.

My oldest cat absolutely will not go in the box and have his feet anywhere
touching the litter when he does go. So you can imagine with him balancing
on the edge of the litter box inside the kennel that sometimes he misses.
He's the reason for the set up and it works out great.

Celeste

"Juls" wrote in message
Dmitri sometimes misses his litter box by a fraction of an inch, and
shoots all over the floor. If I happen to be in there when he's going
and see that he's missing, I can physically push his rear into position
and all is fine, but you can imagine the messes.

So I had gone online to find out how to fix this and it's apparently a
bigger problem for cats that I'd known. (I've never had a cat that does
this)

Anyway, I found an article on about.com that raved about a product
called cat paper. So I went to the website (catpaper.com) and decided
to give it a try. I bought the smallest roll. (It also comes in precut
sheets, but since the boys use both boxes, I wanted to be able to cut
it to size.)

Well, this is fantastic stuff. The backing is plastic so that it soaks
up into the paper and all you do is pick up the paper and dispose.
Between cat paper and World's Best litter, litter cleanup has become so
easy. And the boys don't mind the cat paper at all. (Though Jack
sometimes likes to fold the corners of the paper...he's very odd about
litter boxes.)

I'm totally sold on this stuff. It's the perfect solution for any cat
that doesn't always keep it in the box.

Juls

p.s. I realize another solution is a higher sided box, but I was
worried about his ability to get in and out because of his arthritis.

Old August 9th 05, 06:05 PM
Kitkat

Juls wrote:
In article , Kitkat
wrote:

Dudley buries air and the mat outside the box. He thinks he is covering
his business. It is too funny. Luna, however, is pretty fastidious. I
think Dudley probably was too when he could see. I think it is simply
amazing that he NEVER misses the box, even though he cant see or hear! I
think that still qualifies as fastidious, all things considered!

OMG, Dudley is deaf AND blind? Amazing that he never misses his
box...what a champ! He's Helen Keller.

Yep. Blind AND deaf. We sorta inherited him a year ago (can't believe it
has been a year!) and we had no idea until we got him home for a few
days that he was both blind and deaf. I'm glad we didn't know, because
at the time, that might have made me reconsider taking him home, but now
that we have him, I have learned SO much and realize that I could and
would definitely be able to deal with special needs kitties. Here he
is...get a look at his royal highness!

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m...ley/dscf2.html

We cracked up when we found him in the laundry basket. Luna does that
all the time, but when Dudley does stuff like that, it amazes us!

Jack, the cat that buries air (and heat vents), used to be as obsessed
with his food plate. He would find anything he could to cover his plate
when finished, a paper towel, scrap of paper, kitchen towel, even icky
meat wrappers from the trash can. He just always had to cover his
plate. It was quite adorable, and I guess some kind of leftover from
his feral days. He originated from a feral colony. But I guess he
finally realized he doesn't have to hide it anymore and has stopped
that.

Too cute!!!
Old August 10th 05, 04:31 AM
Juls

In article , Kitkat
wrote:

Yep. Blind AND deaf. We sorta inherited him a year ago (can't believe it
has been a year!) and we had no idea until we got him home for a few
days that he was both blind and deaf. I'm glad we didn't know, because
at the time, that might have made me reconsider taking him home, but now
that we have him, I have learned SO much and realize that I could and
would definitely be able to deal with special needs kitties. Here he
is...get a look at his royal highness!

http://public.fotki.com/kitkatluna/m...ley/dscf2.html

We cracked up when we found him in the laundry basket. Luna does that
all the time, but when Dudley does stuff like that, it amazes us!

Oh, what a beauty he is! How lucky that you found one another.

Old August 10th 05, 07:35 AM
-L.

Janet B wrote:
someone on this group recommended this recently, in lieu of my using
plastic tablecloths to protect my sofa when I wasn't using it. It
seemed pricey for a daily sofa urinator (and that person somehow
decided I wasn't willing to fix my cat's problem because I found the
tablecloths more economical and practical for my situation).

I guess for a small area around a box it wouldn't be too much of a
cost, but I couldn't see the amount needed to cover 2 couches and 1
chair every single day.

OTOH, we've been [inappropriate-] pee free for almost 2 weeks now, so
I'm not even wiping off tablecloths - woohoo!

Excellent, Janet! I am so happy to hear this.

-L.

Old August 10th 05, 12:39 PM
Janet B

On 9 Aug 2005 23:35:37 -0700, "-L." , clicked
their heels and said:

Excellent, Janet! I am so happy to hear this.

-L.

Pretty cool, huh? I'm not ready to stop the tablecloths - don't want
to jinx anything, but it has been so pleasant around here lately, and
I'm really grateful that Carey is incredibly easy to pill.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Mere paper Nanny Cat anecdotes 9 May 16th 05 01:16 PM
a strip of toilet paper and yepp Cat anecdotes 13 March 17th 05 05:25 PM
Paper bag jmcquown Cat anecdotes 6 February 17th 05 01:30 AM
cat proof toilet paper holder? Joe Pitt Cat health & behaviour 16 January 8th 04 02:49 PM
B & C - Paper Bev Cat anecdotes 5 October 18th 03 07:17 PM