road trip

Old May 8th 14, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default road trip

Samwise: "A cheeseburger sounds good. I'm ready for second lunch". As he
eats he has a map spread out on the table looking at the route they will
be taking.
"Are there any landmarks or attractions we should stop and see on our
trip? I haven't been this far west on a road trip before."

Samwise

Well, down in Atlanta, IL they have a lot of wall murals an a big statue
("Tall Paul", a muffler man statue). In Williamsville there's a "Route
66 Dream Car Museum". In Springfield there's the Lincoln Tomb State
Historic Park and the Lincoln Presidential Library. Down in Litchfield
there's still a drive-in movie theater. Then when we get to East St
Louis Route 66 goes through a part of town that's kind of rough, so we
might want to go kind of quick through there.

Then we cross in to Missouri. The Chain of Rocks Bridge is supposed to
be interesting, and it's closed to cars but will be open for us. And of
course the famous Gateway Arch is not far off the route.

There's a pretty full description of the route and the attractions at
http://www.historic66.com/description
Old May 11th 14, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

On 5/6/2014 9:49 AM, Harri Roadcat wrote:
The kits are having fun waving to the truck drivers they pass. The
driver blows the air horn and the kits wave some more.As a truck passes
one of the kits, a black one with white on her chest stretches up the
window to see better. The truck driver does a double take at the kitten.
He gets on the radio, I'm trying to contact the driver of the big rig I
just passed. I'm in the blue semi."

Harri: The big rig is part of our group. Can I help you?

My name is George and one of the kits look like someone I know. Where
did you find the kits?

Harri: Their truck went off the road and they are traveling with us.

George: There is a rest stop ahead about a mile. Would you mind stopping
so I can see the kit closer?

Harry gets on the radio and tells everyone to pull into the rest stop.
After all the vehicles are parked George walks up to the big rig.The
door opens and the kits jump out to play. George reaches out to pick up
the black kit to get a closer look. She looks just like her mother.

Princess sees a big gray cat pick up one of her kits. She rushes over
and can't believe what she sees. " George is it really you?" He sets
the kit down and wraps a paw around Princess. "I was trying to get back
before the kits were born but I couldn't with all the big storms. Where
are you going?"

Princess: The barn was being torn down and i was driving south when our
pickup truck went off the road. They have been helping us. We are headed
south and they said there is a job at a truck stop, maybe there is one
for both of us.

Harri: I'm sure they can use both of you. They can always use good help.

We're headed for Dixie Trucker's Home a little ways up ahead. Are you
running a load or are you empty? Either way, you're welcome to run with
us, and if you're not under a load maybe you could help us get Princess
and the kits settled.

George: Absolutely! Oh Princess, I'm so glad I found you! I managed to
get back to the form, but when I got there the barn had been torn down
and none of the few critters I could find knew where you went, just that
you guys had left in the old pickup. I know a guy at the Dixie place,
he's been trying to get me to go to work for him in the shop. I guess
maybe this would be a good time to do that!

[After the kits get their fill of playing everybody climbs back into
their RVs and climbs back onto their kittycycles and head off down Route
66. They drive past the nuclear reactors at Braidwood, past the Riviera
Restaurant (a street car diner). and on through Dwight and the historic
Marathon Oil station. As they pass through Cayuga the catch sight of the
Cayuga Barn, with it's rooftop billboard advertising the Merrimac
Caverns. In Pontiac they marvel at the old police headquarters, built in
the shape of a pistol. A few miles later they pull into McLean, and find
the Dixie Trucker's Home. It has now become
a Road Ranger service station, but around behind the public building the
kitty side of the business is still thriving. A few dozen kitty big rigs
are parked there, and the kitty diner is doing a good business. As the
convoy pulls up, Amelia climbs out of Harri's rig and sniffs the air.]

Amelia: I smell cheeseburgers! I can has cheeseburger!

Harri: We just left the Gemini Giant a few hours ago, how could you
possibly be hungry again? Oh wait, this is Amelia I'm talking to, of
course you're hungry.

George: here, let me introduce you all to some good folks. Princess,
kits, why don't you all walk with me.

[The kitties shut down their engines and exit their vehicles, and
everyone follows George and Princess and the kits into the diner. When
George walks in everybody in the diner shouts "George!" and he waves
back. He leads his family up to the counter, where he flags down a
tuxedo kitty girl.]

George: Fluffy, this is my wink, Princess, and these are the kits I've
been trying to get back to.

Fluffy: Well, I'll be! It's an honor to meet you kitties. George has
been talking about you for the longest time, and about his frustration
trying to get back home to y'all. It's good to see that you all are
together again.

[Amelia takes a seat at the counter beside the group.]

Amelia: It sure is! It's such a good thing to see that I'll buy everyone
whatever they want to eat. We need to celebrate! I'll start out with a
double cheeseburger, please.

As the kitties are finishing celebrating Princess and George being
reunited Lucy Lu and Harri take the kits aside.

" You know mother's day it today. Would you like to make cards for your
Mom?"

The kittens sit at a table that has colored paper, markers, bits of
ribbon, buttons, and glue. The kits work on designing their cards.

Soon all the kits rush into the dinning room with their paws behind
their backs."Mom, Mom, we have something for you."Each kit hands
Princess the cards they made.

Lucy Lu
Old May 11th 14, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Harri Roadcat wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[...]

Cash gets all happy and orders a cheeseburger. Iowna and Daisy-chan
split a double one.

Old May 12th 14, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

ann791 wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On 5/7/2014 9:28 AM, Community Kitties wrote:
Fluffy: Well, I'll be! It's an honor to meet you kitties. George
has been talking about you for the longest time, and about his
frustration trying to get back home to y'all. It's good to see
that you all are together again.

[Amelia takes a seat at the counter beside the group.]

Amelia: It sure is! It's such a good thing to see that I'll buy
everyone whatever they want to eat. We need to celebrate! I'll
start out with a double cheeseburger, please.

[As the kitties are sitting down to yet another lunch, Mikey
Furface and hos crew are rolling Princess' pickup out a teleporter
just outside the diner. Princess sees the commotion and watches,
and Mikey comes in to join everyone.]

Ah, there you are! We got your pickup all done. We replaced the
axle and the leaf springs, tore down the engine and replaced the
valves and crank bearings, and rebuilt your transmission. It should
run as good as new now! And since my guys really appreciate classic
pickups, they polished and waxed the exterior and recovered the
torn-up upholstery too. And we used all authentic parts, too.

Princess, giving Mikey a hug: Oh, thank you! And thanks to the
foundation that paid for it. That was so kind! But you might not
have heard - my wink found us! This kitty over here is George, the
daddycat of my kits.

Mikey: Hey, cool! Pleased to meet you, George! You've got some great
looking kits.

Samwise: "A cheeseburger sounds good. I'm ready for second lunch". As
he eats he has a map spread out on the table looking at the route
they will be taking. "Are there any landmarks or attractions we
should stop and see on our trip? I haven't been this far west on a
road trip before."

Samwise

Iowna brings Daisy-chan over to help her point to the big redwood
trees. With a big smile, she licks Samwise amd sniffs at the the spot
is Daisy-chan pointed at.

Old May 12th 14, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

[...]

Cash sneaks in and makes on for Daisy-chan, then thinking even if she
didnt get to be a mommie, he makes one for Iowna.

He leaves them on the bar and looks a little bashful as he hopes they
get found. Their names are on the envelope.

Old May 12th 14, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

As the kitties are finishing celebrating Princess and George being
reunited Lucy Lu and Harri take the kits aside.

" You know mother's day it today. Would you like to make cards for
your Mom?"

The kittens sit at a table that has colored paper, markers, bits of
ribbon, buttons, and glue. The kits work on designing their cards.

Soon all the kits rush into the dinning room with their paws behind
their backs."Mom, Mom, we have something for you."Each kit hands
Princess the cards they made.

Lucy Lu

Cash sneaks in and makes on for Daisy-chan, then thinking even if she
didnt get to be a mommie, he makes one for Iowna.

He leaves them on the bar and looks a little bashful as he hopes they
get found. Their names are on the envelope.

[Princess grins and looks at the kits, and examines each of the cards
carefully, commenting on the lovely cards and excellent workmanship and
all the love that went in to them, then hugs and kisses each of the kits
with tears in her eyes. ]

Oh look, two more. Daisy-chan, Iowna, where are you? These are addresses
to you.

Princess

Old May 18th 14, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat Mahoney

[Princess grins and looks at the kits, and examines each of the cards
carefully, commenting on the lovely cards and excellent workmanship and
all the love that went in to them, then hugs and kisses each of the kits
with tears in her eyes. ]

Oh look, two more. Daisy-chan, Iowna, where are you? These are addresses
to you.

Princess

[ While all the kitties are busy in the diner, Sammy and Ranger decide
to go look though the human side of the Road Ranger. They see that there
are no humans hanging around, so they just walk in through the automatic
doors. Rangers finds a rolling stepladder in the back room and pushes it
up front so they can use it to climb up and look at the photos and
plaques on the wall. They marvel at the photos of the 1928 buildings,
and the documented progression from small sandwich shop to a
full-service restaurant.

While they're admiring the photos, they both notice a commotion out on
Route 66. Half a dozen state police cars with sirens and lights going
scream past the truck stop, followed by half a dozen black SUVs with
blinking red and blue lights, and those followed by half a dozen black
unmarked sedans. As the last of the cars pass, they also see a couple of
Apache helicopters and a few Blackhawk helicopters flying just behind them.]

Huh, I wonder what that was all about?

Sammy
Old May 19th 14, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Kitties[_2_]

While they're admiring the photos, they both notice a commotion out on
Route 66. Half a dozen state police cars with sirens and lights going
scream past the truck stop, followed by half a dozen black SUVs with
blinking red and blue lights, and those followed by half a dozen black
unmarked sedans. As the last of the cars pass, they also see a couple of
Apache helicopters and a few Blackhawk helicopters flying just behind
them.]

Huh, I wonder what that was all about?

Sammy

[While Sammy and Ranger are watching the cars and helicopters go by, a
fluffy white kitty on the front counter stretches and yawns. When the
boycats entered the store they assumed she was a stuffed plush toy. ]

Haven't you boycats been listenin' to the radio? I guess you must not
have. The Royal Family of Catsylvania is visitin' the US, and they went
missin' yesstiday. No sign of foul play or nuffin, they just disappeared.

[Sammy and Ranger walk over to the counter to talk to this white cat.]

Sammy: Do they have any more information? Any clues? By the way, I'm Sam
and this is Ranger.

White cat: Pleased to meetcha. My name is Miss Winnifred, and I run this
store. Here, I just got a printout from the wire service machine. It
says the Royal Family of Catsylvania disappeared, that's the King, the
Queen, and their 2 kits, along with the Royal Bodyguard, which is an
elite team of Bernese Mountain Dogs. The RV that had been in use to haul
their luggage also disappeared, and the GPS system that automatically
reports on the position of the RV has been disabled.

The Illinois State Police, FBI, Secret Service, and State Department are
all involved in the search for the missing cats.

Ranger: Fangs, Miss Winnifred. Dat's inneresting! I wonder where they
are? And if someone took dem or if dey left on dere own?

Old May 20th 14, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ann791

On 5/19/2014 10:48 AM, Community Kitties wrote:
[...]

Sammy and Ranger head back to the dinning room and all the kitties are
wondering what is going on outside. Ranger fills them in on the details
that they heard from Miss Winnifred. They leave the restaurant and start
up their vehicles. After driving about a half hour they have to stop as
the road is blocked by SUV's.

Three big kitties walk up to the vehicles. "We have to search every
vehicle. I'm sure you have heard that the Royal family of Catsylvania is
missing."

Samwise: "We understand. Agent, you should know we do have some doggies
traveling with us but, they are friendly."

The agents check each vehicle especially the cargo compartments on the
RV's. He pulls out a note pad.
Large group of kitties and doggies all traveling together in various
vehicles. All vehicles checked.

Agent: "Okay, everykitty you can get back into your vehicles and
continue on your trip. "