help stop an extortionist

Old February 25th 05, 11:52 PM
Tommasisx

Default help stop an extortionist

I was shown a web site that should be shut down. www.savetoby.com We need to
stop this idiot before his success encourages others to try the same thing.
I've sent a message to both his domain name proxy service (people hiding who
he is) http://www.domainsbyproxy.com and the
company that registered his domain name and is probably hosting his site
https://www.godaddy.com These are links to their web
pages and links so you can send them an e-mail to complain about this site.
The person that showed me this site has also contacted CNN to see if they
would do a story on it to get more people to complain about this crook and
get his site shut down.
He is also using paypal
www.paypal.com to receive his blood money. I have
contacted
them so hopefully they will cut off his source of income from this site.
Thank you
Terry Lamrouex

Old February 26th 05, 01:35 AM
Cat Protector

That is awful how he is praying on the sympathies of others and then on top
of it extorting money from people to save the life of this bunny. This guy
is sick in the head!

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old February 26th 05, 06:12 PM
Tommasisx

A joke has a punch line. This guy is trying to make money by threatening to
do something people would find objectionable unless he's paid not to do it
(extortion). His links for payment are functional. I would say this is a
pretty sick joke except that the potential for making money from a threat
crosses the line between bad taste and criminal activities.
Terry

Old February 26th 05, 08:22 PM
I'm bAck wIth my Fav4iteMidis

I just read it. Kind of hard to read but is this person asking $50,000?
I just checked back & this person is. Can the F.B.I get involved? You
know there's also a possibility that he has no intention on killing that
rabbit. It's probably a pet of his. Either way I agree with you. This
person has to be stopped. Sad thing about this is there are people who
will send money

Old February 26th 05, 08:57 PM
Tommasisx

I'm aware that this is probably just some sick joke. What bothers me most
about it is that he's trying to profit from it. It's always been my
understanding that when you ask people to pay you money or you'll do
something they find objectionable that this constitutes extortion. I've
reported it to fraud.com as well as his hosting service, paypal and his
domain name proxy service. I've also been posting my complaint to a couple
of the legal news groups to see what the lawyers think of his "joke".
Terry

Old February 27th 05, 03:09 PM
Hemmaholic

"I've
reported it to fraud.com as well as his hosting service, paypal and his

domain name proxy service. I've also been posting my complaint to a
couple
of the legal news groups to see what the lawyers think of his "joke".
Terry "

Good for you, Terry! I'm so pleased tro see someone has picked up the
ball and run with this. Pay-Pal is pretty good to investigate cases
like these, and I hope they do a thorough job of it. Would also be
interesting to hear what happens with the post to hte legal news
groups. Please keep us posted on what comes from the actions you have
taken.

Hemma

Old February 27th 05, 03:25 PM
Tommasisx

"Hemmaholic" wrote in message
oups.com...
Good for you, Terry! I'm so pleased tro see someone has picked up the
ball and run with this. Pay-Pal is pretty good to investigate cases
like these, and I hope they do a thorough job of it. Would also be
interesting to hear what happens with the post to hte legal news
groups. Please keep us posted on what comes from the actions you have
taken.

Hemma

So far this is what paypal has said about it:

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

Thank you for providing this information to us. It has been forwarded to
our investigations team for further review. If any additional information
is needed, our investigations team will contact you via email.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
LuShawn
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

The legal news groups haven't said a thing but then again, it is the
weekend.
Terry

Old February 27th 05, 11:09 PM
Cat Protector

Typical. This usually means they are going to do nothing as this same
message gets sent to everyone who has a complaint or needs help. It is
usually automated.

Old February 28th 05, 05:31 PM
Hemmaholic

Pay-Pal does typically use an auto-responder just to let you know they
have received your message. However, they DO investigate and get back
to you. Been there, done that.

Hemma

Old March 6th 05, 05:39 AM
Sereena Nightshade via CatKB.com

Hi,
I've finally found this thread again... Anyway, as I said in my last out of
place post, I really don't think this guy is going to eat Toby. He just
knows that he can pry money out of people by threatening to eat the rabbit.
The problem, as I see it, is that I don't think it is illegal to butcher
and eat rabbits in the USA and most of Europe. In fact, there are breeds of
rabbits bred specifically to be butchered. The fact that the guy states he
will take the bunny to a butcher to get the animal slaughtered makes it
certain that no legal branch is likely to respond to what this man is doing
or saying he is going to do with Toby. It's sick, I agree, but I don't know
how anyone could stop it.