Potjie thanks

Old December 31st 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Default Potjie thanks

Thank you to everyone on RPCA for your messages of support and
kindness. I've directed Dad to RPCA so that he can read them for
himself (although cannot post, for some reason). He says "Thanks for
that. It's so very kind of them. I've had lots of phone calls and
emails as the news spread, including some very sweet ones from
children of friends."

He will need a month or three to recover and to regain his
equilibrium, so sometime in February or March I'll go to visit him and
we'll go looking for a new companion for him. He, like many of us,
feels incomplete without a feline companion. He has had cats for most
of his life. As Gandalf wisely quotes in his signature file: life
without cats would be only marginally worth living.

In the mean time, if anyone in the greater Melbourne area (or near
Korumburra) knows of an adult (1+ years), affectionate, healthy,
dog-tolerant, visitor-friendly feline in need of a good (no,
excellent) home, please email me.

Thank you again. Your caring and kind words have helped an old man
start to heal his grieving heart.

Tish
Old January 1st 07, 09:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:28:33 +1100, Tish
wrote:

[...]

I am glad to hear he is already planning to get another cat.....in time.

I didn't want to be forward and suggest this, because everyone needs to
deal with the loss of their beloved furry companion in their own way.

But, as you likely know, the elderly benefit greatly from having a pet.

I expect the statistics are about the same for anyone living alone, who
has a pet, vs. not having a pet.

I too live alone, with only one cat. Kenzie won't let me get another
one, which is OK. But I dread the day she is gone, and how I'll have to
deal with life without a constant furry companion to brighten my days.

And thank you for the compliment. That part of my sig line I wrote many,
many years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-
Old January 5th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:28:33 +1100, Tish
yodeled:

[...]

Tish,l I have been away, and it is taking me forever to catch up-- but
I was so sad to hear about Potjie, who was so charming, sweet and
adorable-- seemed to be the perfect soulmate for your dad. We are
purring for him.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Potjie RB Tish Cat anecdotes 36 January 4th 07 09:10 PM
The Potjie News (long) Tish Silberbauer Cat anecdotes 11 April 22nd 06 07:52 PM
Jet / Potjie; one month on Tish Silberbauer Cat anecdotes 13 March 17th 06 11:04 PM
Potjie's foreverhome Yowie Cat anecdotes 19 February 12th 06 09:09 AM
Jet farewell Tish Silberbauer Cat anecdotes 16 February 6th 06 10:03 PM