Smudge Update 1

Old August 8th 05, 05:08 AM
Larry Osborne

Default Smudge Update 1

There has been some improvement in the situation with Smudge. She has not
developed a breathing problem because of edema and appears unlikely to.

I went over to pick her up to bring home after being advised that if I could
keep her confined and still in a small room. I went over to see her and
spoke to the vets as the only place that I have is the bathroom and even
there she could still jump a bit.

She would not tolerate the bindings to hold her hip unless they were so
tight her feet started to swell so if she was to come home she would need a
room with nothing to climb or jump on or down off or it could redislocate
the hip. I don't have a medium dog cage that would work for that so after
talking we decided to leave her there tonight and in the morning I will seek
to rent a suitable cage or kennel her until her hip is stable. I will speak
to her regular vet in the morning to arrange one or the other.

She is used to me and only rare visitors and hasn't eaten there. I spent
almost two hours tonight trying to get her to eat before leaving and she
would only taste on occasion but she wanted almost non stop petting. It is
distressing to see her willing to go into the carriet in hope(?) of being
taken home and not being able to take her. Still it it a much better
situation than it was when I took her in this morning.

Larry Osborne

PS: In the past, I did write some stories about Peepers and Smudge and they
are posted on Flippy's website. If you are interested you can check them
out there. I don't have the link but I am sure Flippy could provide them if
she will respond to this and leave the link for people to follow.

Old August 8th 05, 05:18 AM
Rhonda

I'm glad she's coming home tomorrow morning. Sounds like she doesn't
like being there at all. You have to weigh the good and bad though, and
she'll be home soon.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Rhonda

Old August 8th 05, 05:39 AM
Jo Firey

"Larry Osborne" wrote in message
[...]

We had a tiny poodle that dislocated her hip fairly often the last few years
of her life. Some vets are better at wrapping it than others. With a
younger cat I'm thinking once this is healed there should be no further
problems.

Jo

Old August 8th 05, 10:31 AM
Flippy

"Larry Osborne" wrote ...
[...]

Of course, Larry. Here is the direct link to your chapter:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/smudgepeepers.html

--
Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
My Cats: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

Old August 8th 05, 01:03 PM
Victor Martinez

Larry Osborne wrote:
taken home and not being able to take her. Still it it a much better
situation than it was when I took her in this morning.

I'm very glad to hear she's ok. I'm sure she'll be fine in a kenner
while she heals.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 8th 05, 02:45 PM
Karen

Awww. I hope you can find an appropriate cage. Maybe a rescue or something
would have one you could borrow? I sure hope she recovers quickly.

Old August 9th 05, 04:30 AM
CATherine

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 00:08:35 -0400, "Larry Osborne"
wrote:

There has been some improvement in the situation with Smudge. She has not
developed a breathing problem because of edema and appears unlikely to.

Purrs are continuing for her to calm down and let the hip heal. Maybe
the vet can give her a mild tranquilizer? I am glad to hear the
electrocution didn't hurt her other than the hip.

--
CATherine