Grocery bag fun

Old July 16th 05, 07:38 AM
Debra

Default Grocery bag fun

Trouble kitty loves those plastic grocery bags. She has played in
them since she was 5 weeks old. Always supervised. Her favorite
thing was to dive through the handle hole and surprise the big cats.
Alas, she has discovered she is too big to do this anymore, even
though she still tries sometimes. She gets her head, neck, and front
legs through just fine. It's her middle that hangs everything up.
Last time she dove through a handle, she panicked and tried to just
run out of the hole. The bag just followed her everywhere, puffed out
like a parachute and making a lot of noise. The big cats saw Trouble
was being chased by an attacking plastic bag and ran away from her.
Of course she just ran after them. So I had three cats running around
trying to get away from the bag which looked totally hilarious. I
finally caught Trouble and had to cut the bag handle to get her out
because she was trying to fight both me and the bag. She still plays
with the bags sometimes, but I now cut the handles off before I give
her one, and all the others are put away.
Debra in VA
Old July 16th 05, 06:15 PM
W. Leong

Rusty is frightened by plastic grocery bags. Maybe he was caught
in one before I adopted him.
He was stuck with head in a yogurt containerwhen he tried to
eat the leftover yogurt. It is funny to see a container bobbing with
the rear end of a cat sticking out. Now I make sure I hold the
container while he put his head inside to eat.

Winnie

Old July 16th 05, 11:46 PM
jmcquown

"Debra" wrote in message
[...]

Persia doesn't like plastic grocery bags unless I've just come in from the
store and set them down on the floor. She pokes her head in to see if maybe
I brought her something No, Persia, those fish fillets are not for you!
Once they are empty, she avoids them at all costs. She especially hates it
when she follows me into the kitchen and I snap out a new plastic trash can
liner... she runs off several feet and watches, warily, to make sure the bag
doesn't get me.

Jill

Old July 17th 05, 05:27 AM
Gabey8

[[

[...]

LOL!

Stanley had a plastic-bag issue of his own last week.

We had some gallon bottles of distilled water, still in the plastic bags
from the supermarket, on the dining room floor.

The cats had never bothered with those before. But, apparently, there's a
first time for everything.

DH and I were eating breakfast when we heard "crinkle crinkle crinkle".
Next thing we saw was Stanley walking across the dining room, his head
through a loop of one of the ex-plastic bags, and the torn-open bag draped
down his back like a cape. I can only surmise that he got his head through
one of the bag handles, and because of the weight of the bottle of water,
when he pulled to get away the bag tore open and came with him.

Stanley didn't actually seem to CARE that he was walking around with a
white plastic cape, until DH and I both burst out laughing. Then he ran
away, with me in pursuit so I could get the bag off him. I finally caught
up with him in the basement and asked, "What are you doing? Dressing up as
SuperCat?" )

Then I took the bag off the cat. Poor Stanley.

Note to self... from now on, any bottles of distilled water are welcome to
sit on the dining room floor WITHOUT remaining in the plastic bag from the
supermarket.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley