Felix's Wounded Pride

Old March 28th 04, 05:54 PM
Tanada

CK wrote:

IIRC it's a lizard named that way coz it sounds like it's saying
too-kay. The lizards have been discussed here earlier, that's where I
remember it from. Britta was afraid Vino had gotten one of their regular
lizards but he (the lizard) turned up later.

Yeah, Vino wouldn't let us hunt him. Said that it was "his" meowmie's
lizard and she'd be upset if we caught it.

Cap'n Pine Cone esq.

Old March 28th 04, 09:30 PM
jmcquown

Seanette Blaylock wrote:
"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about Felix's Wounded Pride:

ROFL! Persia walks around the edge of the tub when I'm showering
and seems surprised if she gets splashed. If I'm taking a bubble
bath she often sticks her nose in and then starts sneezing. She
looks at me like "Mom, what the hell are you doing in that stuff?"
It's funny. She has yet to fall into the tub or shower, but I
expect it any time.

You could do what one now-AWOL poster did once to explain the matter
to her cat. She was in the tub and the cat came in with the usual
confused look, so the human turned her head and licked her own
shoulder. The cat seemed to get it. :-)

Wow! I never thought of that! Might try it when I'm soaking in the tub
tonight!

Jill

Old March 29th 04, 03:10 AM
badwilson

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Seanette Blaylock wrote:
"jmcquown" had some very interesting things
to say about OT: Reminiscing about Bangkok:

Have to tell you, the bathrooms in the house we rented had urinals.
Mom said NO WAY are you guys (Dad and 2 of my brothers) going to use
urinals! She put plants in them and used the automatic "flush"
feature to water the plants ROFL

I'm not sure I understand why she did that. Doesn't seem to me like
urinals would be any less sanitary than a conventional toilet.

Heh, and she didn't have to clean them. We had a maid. In fact, we had a
maid, a cook and a gardener. "Rich Americans". But you must remember,

this
was back in 1969 when everything was cheap. We rented a fully furnished 4
level house for about $250 a month. The servants quarters were in the

back
and came with a bedroom, bath and full kitchen. I think we paid them

about
$30/month.

Heck that doesn't sound so cheap for 1969. Our house is only 2 levels, but
it's furnished and we pay $375/ month. We don't have live in servants but a
gardener comes whenever needed and costs $7 per day and our maid comes 3
days a week for 1/2 day and we pay her $75/month. So really, the prices
seem not to have gone up all that much since then.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old March 29th 04, 03:11 AM
badwilson

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
Hopitus2 wrote:
Best pal is Hungarian (condo chick w/forbidden Himmies therein) and
to me, Tokay is a Hungarian fruit-flavored wine. What is it in
Thailand?

A rather nasty lizard. They wind up and call "to-kay!" in the evenings.

http://www.anapsid.org/tokays.html

They're not nasty! I love my tokays :-)

Old March 29th 04, 05:19 AM
LOL

Seanette Blaylock wrote in message . ..

Are you thinking of Krista? I wonder where she is?!

Great memory there, Tak! I have no idea where she vanished to. :-(

She'd posted that she had gotten too busy in RL to have the time to
post much; she did pop back up again for a bit when her Yukon went to
the RB, but then sort of drifted away again. I noticed, for the
obvious reason. ;-)

------
Krista
The Other One