[OT]: Appreciation luncheon

Old April 25th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default [OT]: Appreciation luncheon

I was one of the people honored at the annual appreciation luncheon today
because I have been on the faculty for 40 years (yes! that's right! *40
years*). I usually don't enjoy luncheons and banquets of this type, but
this one was exceptionally nice. The meal was wonderful (starting with
*huge,* delicious chilled shrimp cocktails), the speeches were short and
genuinely warm, the music was good, and there were enough invited guests to
provide great conversation but not one of those over-crowded events that can
be uncomfortable. The president's daughter had taken all of my advanced
classes a number of years ago, and she was also there. He even made it a
point to talk about how much she enjoyed my classes. I was given a
certificate, a really nice Seiko clock (engraved), a small gold pin with a
little diamond, and 18 red roses. They did it right!! There were seven of
us who received the 40-year recognition -- the first year in their history
to have that many. We joked when we were hired that so many of us came in
at the same time that we would probably all retire at the same time, and a
lot of that is happening. I'm the "last person standing" in our department
from that group, and I plan to retire in another year.

MaryL

Old April 25th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:43:36 -0500, MaryL wrote:

[...]

Congratulations! May your retirement years be enjoyable to. MLB

Old April 25th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Appreciation luncheon

[...]

Congratulations! It's nice to be appreciated, and even nicer when the
appreciation takes a tangible form. I'm glad everything was so lovely.

Joy

Old April 25th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in
:

[...]

Congratulations! 40 years! I will hit 10 this year. For that I only
get my name read, don't get to say thank you. Of course this is a second
career for me. I am a sap for the yearly luncheon and love clapping and
aplauding my co-workers.

Andy

Old April 25th 07, 10:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Congratulations! May your retirement be filled with purring cats.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 25th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:43:36 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER yodeled:

I was one of the people honored at the annual appreciation luncheon today
because I have been on the faculty for 40 years (yes! that's right! *40
years*). I usually don't enjoy luncheons and banquets of this type, but
this one was exceptionally nice. The meal was wonderful (starting with
*huge,* delicious chilled shrimp cocktails),

SHRIMPYS WEE LIK SHRIMPYS!!!!!!!!!!!

DID YOO SNEEK ENNY OUT FOR HOLLY & DUFFY??

[...]

What a wonderful event! It must have felt terrific.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old April 25th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:43:36 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER yodeled:

I was one of the people honored at the annual appreciation luncheon today
because I have been on the faculty for 40 years (yes! that's right! *40
years*). I usually don't enjoy luncheons and banquets of this type, but
this one was exceptionally nice. The meal was wonderful (starting with
*huge,* delicious chilled shrimp cocktails),

SHRIMPYS WEE LIK SHRIMPYS!!!!!!!!!!!

DID YOO SNEEK ENNY OUT FOR HOLLY & DUFFY??

Nooo. My poor, mistreated furballs didn't get any -- I didn't even have a
purse with me to load up with goodies. (

They did get some chicken Liv-a-Littles (which they both love). Does that
count? ;o) And *lots* of love and quality time!! ;o) ;o)

--
MaryL

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old April 25th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tanada

[...]

Congratulations MaryL! I haven't done anything for that long
except bodily functions. Well there's cooking and cleaning, but
I don't consider them as personal accomplishments.

Pam S.

Old April 25th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

MaryL wrote:

[...]

Congrats!
Best wishes,