If you love cats..

Old July 26th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
Stormmee

Default If you love cats..

if you are going to use beer or wime use a pork roast, Lee
"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 12:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Cook in dutch oven or crock pot

Would this work in a slow cooker? What sort of meat?

Lesley

The considering doing this recipe Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

**********************

I make something similar that I do cook in the crock pot. I use beef
broth or bullion as part of the water and set it up to cook all day. Beef
works best, I usually use either a chuck or rump roast. A tougher roast
works really well. I know someone who used deer, but I haven't the
courage.

Pam S.

Old July 26th 09, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
Stormmee

the pork is excellent, and if you are lazy *LIKE ME* they sell a bag of
onions and green peppers in the freezer dept of most stores, I have also
gotten all green peppers frozen and then a bag of pearl onions , I for some
reason love pearl onions,

Lee
"tanadashoes" wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I just did a choice beef eye of round with potatoes, onions and celery,
one can of beef broth and 2 cups of water, in my brand new seven quart
crock pot... it was 4.5 pounds and long enough that DH had to cut it in
half. i cooked it from frozen, 4 hours on high then overnight on low until
it reached the majical temp... i was going to say what DH picked but we
went for 200 internal temp for a hope at a more tender roast. I also make
beef top round and beef bottom round roast this way in the crock pot. the
key to this is just enough water and a very long cooking time. have also
done pork roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for
the flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups
water does it.

Lee who only cooks in the crock and steamer

We use similar recipes for our Beef pot roasts. The pork one looks really
good BTW. I'll have to try it.

Pam S

Old July 26th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
Stormmee

while we are on this subject since there are so many different countries
represented here, anyone who wants to know about an american food can go to
the usda website, it has names, descriptions and nutrition infor more even
than basic stuff, Lee
"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 2:12 pm, "Jofirey" wrote:

I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.

Okay what is a bonelesss chuck roast?

Lesley

Looking at the charts Americans call everything from the shoulder of the
beef chuck, it appears that British call that portion neck and clod,
chuck and blade and thick rib.

Jo

Old July 26th 09, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
Stormmee

this pork crock meal is one of my favorites, you can cook down the broth in
a skillet after and it will sweeten up and get a little sticky depending on
the pinapple you use, then it makes a great glaze for rice, I use brown...
but any is good... also DH sometimes just cooks the pork and pineapple on
the stove if it is a steak or chop, he leaves out everything else and that
is good also.

Lee
"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 12:52 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
.. have also done pork
roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for the
flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups
water
does it.

Pork and pineapple with onion and green peppers? 4 of my favourite
foods in one pot?!

Guess what we;ll be having sometime soon? We're both great fans of
pork even through Dave used to say he didn't like it- today we had one
of our favourite "fast foods" a boneless loin pork steak shoved in the
George Forman for 10-12 minutes with sweetcorn and peppers stir fried
and one of those packs of new potatoes with herbs and butter that
steam in the microwave- 15 minutes from starting to plate and that
includes topping it with hickory smoke BBQ sauce-I hadn't done much if
any housework over the last week due to the bloody swine flu so I
wanted something quick so I could get on with things

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 27th 09, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
Jofirey

"Stormmee" wrote in message
the pork is excellent, and if you are lazy *LIKE ME* they sell a
bag of onions and green peppers in the freezer dept of most
stores, I have also gotten all green peppers frozen and then a bag
of pearl onions , I for some reason love pearl onions,

Lee

I love pearl onions too. Now that things can be fancy I really like
the little Italian Cipploino onions we get. Especially since I
finally learned to par boil the little suckers before I try to peal
them. It isn't Thanksgiving if we don't have creamed onions, even
if I am the only one that insists.

Jo

Old July 27th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
Jofirey

I just cook the onions, and then add them to a thick white sauce.

2tbs flour
2tbs butter
cook and stir until bubbly, then add 1 cup milk, stirring to keep it
smooth and cook until thick. Add a bit more milk if it needs it.
Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as a sprinkle of nutmeg, or
mace if you have it. Stir in hot pearl onions.

Jo

love cats? gluiz Cats - misc 1 March 30th 07 12:07 AM
I'm new here and love cats!!! 438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl Cat anecdotes 34 April 28th 05 11:52 PM
If you love cats, you'll love this site The Cat Album Cat health & behaviour 0 December 18th 04 01:15 PM
I love cats Sara Cat anecdotes 10 November 4th 04 12:47 PM