[OT] Yowlet Update

Old December 9th 04, 05:49 AM
Yowie

Default [OT] Yowlet Update

Cary is now 8 months old. He can't crawl yet, but knows how to pivot on his
tummy, and then roll to get wherever he need to go. Fluffy has learnt his
faceoften has a good source of scroungable food and that Cary doesn't mind
being licked so much as we do. so Cary usually has a clean face. He thinks
being licked by the dog is hilarious. He also thinks Shmogg is pretty darn
funny, and can imitate several different and distinct meows, although Shmogg
does not share in his amusement for all things catly.

The Yowlet's favourite thing to do is to bounce up and down, and to save our
muscles we got a "jolly jumper" which is basically a big spring with a baby
trap attached. You can hook it to a door frame, but we've bought the
portable fram because our doorways aren't in good spots. He can
bounce-bounce-bounce in that thing for hours, squealing with delight. The
squealing can get a bit much on our ears, so we have adopted earplugs and
have given up on any adult conversation till he's moved out of home. Still,
we encourage the bounce-squeal-bounce-squeal activities because it wears him
out (eventually) which means he'll go to sleep. If we don't wear him out of
hte evening, he doesn't sleep, and then by definition, we don't either.

His favourite TV show is "Bear in the Big Blue House". When the theme song
comes on, if he was a puppy, his whole body would wag. He vibrates in sheer
and total delight, and now we've got a BitBBH DVD, we can play the theme
over and over and over and over.... which we often do.

His toungue is hte newest thing in his repitoire. It doesn't stay in his
mouth unless there's a bottle or pacifier in there with it. His toungue is
always out of his mouth doing strange and weid things with his muscles. Its
almost like watching a snake writhe around. WE aren't encouraging or
discouraging it, hoping its just one of those phases kids go through, and
he'll know if a few years that sticking your tongue ou tis not appropriate
behaviour, unless of course you are a dog.

Tonight we are off to buy some lights to decorate the house with, because
Cary insited we did. Every time we have mentioned "Christmas lights" he has
squealed with joy and gotten very excited. Although we figured we didnt
really need to bother with Christmas this year as he's still far too young
to understand any of it (including the "hey! you get presents!"), but he
squeals with enthusiasm every time we even whisper "Christmas lights" within
his hearing, so we consider ourselves told! The house will be decorated in
Yule lights just as soon as Mummy & Daddy get some.

Lucky he's so cute, huh?

Yowie

Old December 9th 04, 06:00 AM
Karen Chuplis

Lucky he's so cute, huh?

Yowie

Well, he *does* sound pretty adorable

Old December 9th 04, 07:53 AM
Yoj

He sounds as though he's doing just fine - and you and Joel are being
properly trained. ;-)

Joy

Old December 9th 04, 11:31 AM
polonca12000

Great update!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yowie" wrote in message
Cary is now 8 months old. He can't crawl yet, but knows how to pivot on

his
tummy, and then roll to get wherever he need to go. Fluffy has learnt his
faceoften has a good source of scroungable food and that Cary doesn't mind
being licked so much as we do. so Cary usually has a clean face. He thinks
being licked by the dog is hilarious. He also thinks Shmogg is pretty darn
funny, and can imitate several different and distinct meows, although

Shmogg
does not share in his amusement for all things catly.

snip

Old December 9th 04, 09:14 PM
Bev

SUQKRT wrote:

In article , "Yowie"
wrote:

Yule lights just as soon as Mummy & Daddy get some.

Lucky he's so cute, huh?

Yowie

Sounds like you have a happy healthy kid there. You must be doing something
right. ;o)
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

He sounds adorable. You are so lucky being owned by Cary

Bev
--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
Old December 10th 04, 03:23 PM
Helen Wheels

Yowie wrote:

[...]

Sorry, we don't believe you. We must have jpegs of all this stuff first
Old December 10th 04, 05:49 PM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
Cary is now 8 months old. He can't crawl yet, but knows how to pivot
on his tummy, and then roll to get wherever he need to go. Fluffy has
learnt his faceoften has a good source of scroungable food and that
Cary doesn't mind being licked so much as we do. so Cary usually has
a clean face. He thinks being licked by the dog is hilarious. He also
thinks Shmogg is pretty darn funny, and can imitate several different
and distinct meows, although Shmogg does not share in his amusement
for all things catly.

snip

Thanks for the update, it made me smile imagining the scenes.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 13th 04, 01:25 AM
Karen AKA KajiKit

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:49:03 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

Cary is now 8 months old. He can't crawl yet, but knows how to pivot on his
tummy, and then roll to get wherever he need to go. Fluffy has learnt his
faceoften has a good source of scroungable food and that Cary doesn't mind
being licked so much as we do. so Cary usually has a clean face. He thinks
being licked by the dog is hilarious. He also thinks Shmogg is pretty darn
funny, and can imitate several different and distinct meows, although Shmogg
does not share in his amusement for all things catly.

And it seems like just yesterday that you announced you were expecting
him! I agree with Cary about christmas lghts - they' re cute

Yowlet Update Yowie Cat anecdotes 45 August 16th 04 08:05 AM
[OT] Yowlet Update 4/4/4 20:30 Yowie Cat anecdotes 16 April 5th 04 11:49 PM
[OT] Yowlet Update 30th March 5am Yowie Cat anecdotes 15 April 4th 04 02:39 AM