SO Angry!

Old March 18th 04, 07:12 PM
Tracy

I'm really glad the cats are OK and sorry for your mental anguish, but
really, again, get something positive out of the situation and collar
and tag the cats. Stuff happens. When we lived in an apartment in
Chicago, one of my neighbors had her indoor cat (young, about a year)
slip out the door unnoticed when she went away for the weekend
UNCOLLARED. The little cat was smart enough to cling screaming to the
stairway, and we followed the noise and brought it into our apartment
before someone else shooed it away into the night. It lived in our
spare room for three days (where our kitten made goo-goo eyes at it
through the glass door LOL) till she finally came home and saw our
sign and came to get him in tears. If the cat had not been found or
found by someone less patient than us,
it wouldn't have gone well for the cat as there is no space in any
Chicago no-kill shelters AT ALL. With a collar, we would have known
the cat belonged to her and could have left a message on her machine.
It's just the sensible thing to do.
Old March 19th 04, 01:06 AM
Tracy

Kristine Kochanski wrote in message . ..

I'd be more concerned someone went away for a whole weekend and left a
cat alone. I wouldn't have given her the cat back! Poor lil thing.

The point is that the cat was almost a dead little thing because he
DIDN'T have a collar on.

Single people do leave cats alone for two nights. It's not that
unusual. Me, I would pay for a cat sitter. But this was on the South
Side of Chicago years ago, and people are not particulary well off in
that neighborhood. They were clearly attached to each other and the
kitty was healthy and happy (by day 3 -she was making googly eyes back
at my kitten through the glass)...

Old March 19th 04, 01:10 AM
Cheryl

"Kalyahna" dumped this in
on 17 Mar 2004:

Everybody's alright, though I'm still ****ed
off about it, and wondering how far I take this. I'll talk to the
complex manager on Monday (I don't have any choice, between office
hours and my work schedule, that's the first day I have off that
they're open). I don't know if I want the stupid ******* fired or
reprimanded, or just to admit that he did, in fact, leave the window
open.

snip

I'm glad everyone was ok and accounted for. I understand your anger over
this; I used to rent, and maintenance people seemed to let themselves in,
come and go as they pleased and it infuriated me, too. One time one of
them even let himself in while I was home but back in the bedroom and if
he knocked, I didn't hear him. He walked in on me changing my clothes.
That was it. I insisted to the front office that they not let them in
like that or I'd press charges.

--
Cheryl

I am a very happy person. It's just that I have no patients for
stupidity.
- IBen Getiner

Angry cat Jack Cat health & behaviour 24 December 4th 03 10:26 PM
I am so angry (vent) MaryL Cat health & behaviour 76 November 2nd 03 06:08 PM