OT - Reproduction Ethics

Old February 20th 05, 06:46 PM
KellyH

Default OT - Reproduction Ethics

Sorry to start a new thread, I couldn't post this to the original one. I
kept getting an error that Line 3 in the headers was too long.

"Meghan Noecker" wrote in message
Assuming we are talking about pre-marriage, I don't see what the
problem is.

Why would I want to have sex with somebody who doesn't give a damn
about me as a person?

We were talking about abstinence being taught in schools. Assuming it
is taught early enough, kids wouldn't be giving up sex. They would be
waiting to start it.

A lot of young women think if a guy has sex with them, that means he cares
about them, especially teens with low self-esteen.

I was taught almost nothing about sex, except don't do it. Just like
drinking and smoking pot, the message was "just say no, or terrible, awful
things are going to happen to you". I really don't want to get into all the
stupid things I did as a teen/young adult, but let's just say this message
did not work on me. I was very, very sheltered for a long time, never
exposed to anything. When I did get thrown into the real world, it was a
big shock and I didn't know how to handle it.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old February 20th 05, 08:07 PM
-L.

KellyH wrote:
snip
I was very, very sheltered for a long time, never
exposed to anything. When I did get thrown into the real world, it

was a
big shock and I didn't know how to handle it.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net
"Wake up, and smell the cat food" -TMBG

The Netherlands has the lowest teen pregnancy rate and they also start
sex ed very early, and discuss *everything* with their children. Not
suprpising the two are correlated.

-L.