Schedule Change at work does not = schedule change in Persia

Old March 27th 04, 02:23 AM
jmcquown

Default Schedule Change at work does not = schedule change in Persia

I'm temporarily working 8:30 - 5:00 instead of my usual 7:00 - 3:30 shift.
This has been the case for the last 2 weeks. However, Persia haw not
changed HER 'shift' ROFL

She's still trying to wake me up at 5:00 a.m. I don't have to get up until
7:00. She's been tapping me on the shoulder, leaping over me, licking my
cheek, purring in my ear, followed by more 'tap tap' on the shoulder. I
mumble "It's not *time* yet" and pat her and she settles down for a few
minutes. Problem is, now it's light outside earlier and she just won't give
up. She always still has food left so it's not that. She simply doesn't
understand I need to sleep later right now.

Jill

Old March 27th 04, 10:29 AM
Sherry

I'm temporarily working 8:30 - 5:00 instead of my usual 7:00 - 3:30 shift.
This has been the case for the last 2 weeks. However, Persia haw not
changed HER 'shift' ROFL

She's still trying to wake me up at 5:00 a.m. I don't have to get up until
7:00. She's been tapping me on the shoulder, leaping over me, licking my
cheek, purring in my ear, followed by more 'tap tap' on the shoulder. I
mumble "It's not *time* yet" and pat her and she settles down for a few
minutes. Problem is, now it's light outside earlier and she just won't give
up. She always still has food left so it's not that. She simply doesn't
understand I need to sleep later right now.

Jill

What a good little alarm clock!

Sherry
Old March 27th 04, 04:37 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
I'm temporarily working 8:30 - 5:00 instead of my usual 7:00 - 3:30
shift. This has been the case for the last 2 weeks. However, Persia
has not changed HER 'shift' ROFL

She's still trying to wake me up at 5:00 a.m.

(snip)
Jill

What a good little alarm clock!

Sherry

Yeah, but how do I change her settings? LOL

Old March 27th 04, 04:39 PM
lrulan

Isn't it weird how they seem to have an internal clock that is really on the
mark? Jazz ALWAYS knows when his meals are due, never varies, 7am, 11am and
5pm. It's like he's got this alarm clock set to those 3 times and the
buzzing goes off when the time comes. Don't know if they ever get over this.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

. ..

Old March 27th 04, 04:48 PM
Marina

"jmcquown" wrote
Sherry wrote:

What a good little alarm clock!

Sherry

Yeah, but how do I change her settings? LOL

I have that same problem each time we switch from winter to summer time or
vice versa (tonight, in fact). My furry alarm clock, Frank, takes a week or
so to adjust. Then it starts getting lighter earlier each morning, and so he
thinks it's OK to wake me up earlier each morning.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 27th 04, 10:32 PM
Jette Goldie

"Sherry " wrote in message
I'm temporarily working 8:30 - 5:00 instead of my usual 7:00 - 3:30

shift.
This has been the case for the last 2 weeks. However, Persia haw not
changed HER 'shift' ROFL

She's still trying to wake me up at 5:00 a.m. I don't have to get up

until
7:00. She's been tapping me on the shoulder, leaping over me, licking my
cheek, purring in my ear, followed by more 'tap tap' on the shoulder. I
mumble "It's not *time* yet" and pat her and she settles down for a few
minutes. Problem is, now it's light outside earlier and she just won't

give
up. She always still has food left so it's not that. She simply doesn't
understand I need to sleep later right now.

Jill

What a good little alarm clock!

I might manage to catch Dakota out tomorrow, since the clocks
go forward tonight. :-)

Then he'll just have to get used to his cat-sitter's schedule
next weekend, instead of waking Mummy up at dawn.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 27th 04, 10:42 PM
Sam Nash

"Sherry " wrote in message
I'm temporarily working 8:30 - 5:00 instead of my usual 7:00 - 3:30

shift.
This has been the case for the last 2 weeks. However, Persia haw not
changed HER 'shift' ROFL

She's still trying to wake me up at 5:00 a.m. I don't have to get up

until
7:00. She's been tapping me on the shoulder, leaping over me, licking my
cheek, purring in my ear, followed by more 'tap tap' on the shoulder. I
mumble "It's not *time* yet" and pat her and she settles down for a few
minutes. Problem is, now it's light outside earlier and she just won't

give
up. She always still has food left so it's not that. She simply doesn't
understand I need to sleep later right now.

Jill

What a good little alarm clock!

Sherry

I think that's just a cat thing, but only certain cats are so endowed.

I need to get up at 0630 to get the kitties fed, myself coffee'ed and
cleaned up, and get to work. So the alarm clock (the electronic one) is set
for 6:30. Smokey is uncanny in his ability to wake up 5-15 minutes before
the electronic pest and play his special version of Reveille (sp?). That
involves getting up on the dresser and dragging things off (change, car
keys, wallet, etc.). If that doesn't work, he moves to the bedside table
and starts raking stuff off that.

Occasionally, he'll pull a b*st@rd cat trick and do his thing between 0400
and 0500. Once I got all the way into the kitchen and had his breakfast
feeding down before my eyes were open enough to see the clock. Grrrr!

But we love him anyway.
Sam

Old March 28th 04, 05:21 AM
Marina

"Jette Goldie" wrote

I might manage to catch Dakota out tomorrow, since the clocks
go forward tonight. :-)

Then he'll just have to get used to his cat-sitter's schedule
next weekend, instead of waking Mummy up at dawn.

HA! Good luck with that. Frank woke me up just as early, i.e. one hour
earlier than usual this morning (Sunday). I can only assume that he actually
reads the dial on the clock, because I set it forward last night so as not
to forget that it is summer time now (wouldn't believe it looking out the
window, the ground is covered in snow and there are heavy clouds above.
Might snow some more today).

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki