RB Stray Cat

Old March 27th 04, 06:24 AM
LOL

Default RB Stray Cat

A stray cat had been hanging around the office for a week or so. He
stayed close, but never let us near him. He would come to the door
and yell for food, and spent most of the rest of his time in a
miserable-looking huddle. When one of the other cats would approach
him, he would cringe and cry; when Dave or I got anywhere close to
him, he'd run. He was very skinny with sadly bedraggled fur; he just
didn't look like a happy cat, and quite often you could see his third
eyelid (dumb us thought at first he had cataracts, though he seemed to
see okay - it took us a while to realize what we were seeing).

We finally managed to trap him today; I was starting to think he
didn't weigh enough to set off the trap. We took him to TED, who
called about an hour later to let us know that, as he suspected after
seeing all the battle scars, the poor thing was positive for FIV *and*
Feline Leukemia, and he recommended euthanasia. We agreed, being
unable to give such a sick kitty the care he'd need and not being able
to think of anyone we knew who'd be willing to take him in. Mike
won't allow another cat at the house, and though Oz and Tiger are much
more flexible, the poor kitty would need more attention than he'd get
at the office where he'd be left alone every night.

We deliberately hadn't named the poor little guy or let ourselves get
attached, for this very reason. He was a beautiful semi-longhaired
gray and black tabby with slanted green eyes, a white bib and four
neat white feet. He'd obviously had a hard life. The best I can say
for him is that he got some good meals and some nice naps in the sun
during his last few days. He deserved better than he got, and I hope
in spite of my doubts that he has someone to meet him at the Bridge.

------
Krista
Sick of seeing this
Old March 27th 04, 06:35 AM
Helen Wheels

LOL wrote:
[...]

Poor little guy. He was lucky to find you to care for him even
for just a short time. Purrs for you and the little feller.
Helen Wheels

Old March 27th 04, 06:52 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , LOL at
wrote on 3/26/04 11:24 PM:

[...]

He will have kitty friends at the bridge and people to love him. Poor baby.

Karen

Old March 27th 04, 07:06 AM
Marina

I'm so sorry to hear this, Krista. Purrs to you and Dave for caring about
the little mite and doing what you could for him. He probably got the best
gift he could have.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 27th 04, 07:11 AM
m. L. Briggs

On 26 Mar 2004 21:24:50 -0800, (LOL)
wrote:

[...]

Many purrs that he is greeted at the Bridge by loving friends.
Old March 27th 04, 07:29 AM
Hopitus2

This story brings tears to me....how many @ the Bridge lived lives like his,
with only a sample of loving care and a full belly, trusting no hoomins in
their misery? Purrs to you who made his last days bearable, and ended his
sickness and hard life with the merciful needle.

:
: ------

Old March 27th 04, 09:17 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Poor guy.

helen s

**$om $

Old March 27th 04, 09:47 AM
Sherry

We deliberately hadn't named the poor little guy or let ourselves get
attached, for this very reason. He was a beautiful semi-longhaired
gray and black tabby with slanted green eyes, a white bib and four
neat white feet. He'd obviously had a hard life. The best I can say
for him is that he got some good meals and some nice naps in the sun
during his last few days. He deserved better than he got, and I hope
in spite of my doubts that he has someone to meet him at the Bridge.

------
Krista
Sick of seeing this

Krista, I am so sorry it didn't come to a better end. I truly believe that
kitty love and compassion, even if just at the end, and that's so much better
than never. Thank you so much for caring, and I am sending purrs not just for
the kitty but for your big heart.

Sherry
Old March 27th 04, 12:50 PM
Adrian

LOL wrote:
[...]

How very sad, I will light a candle for the cat with no name.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.