[OT] Yowlet Update 30th March 5am

Old March 29th 04, 08:38 PM
Yowie

Default [OT] Yowlet Update 30th March 5am

yup, me again, witht he insomnia. Ok, the insomnia started about 3am and
hasn't really let off. I've thrown up once, and as a consequence I now have
water cracker crumbs in my bed. They do make for an "interesting" lie down.

The panic has set in. I go to the obs later today, and I am pretty sure
he'll tell me I'm being induced this week. And I'm scared. I'm not ready
(despite the fact I am *desperate* to get this thing outta me). The house
isn't ready. I can't imagine life as a mother. Last night, I was having
serious serious second thoughts. Why on earth have we done this to
ourselves? What on earth were we thinking? Did we *really* want to get
pregnant or was it just one of those things that seemed like a good idea at
the time? My head isn't in a good place at the moment (and I can't imagine
that helping the blood pressure stay down) and I"m not really sure what to
do. Hence my ranting at you guys. I'm glad you are there. Its like being
able to talk to a whole bunch of good friends and 5 in the morning whent he
rest of hte house is asleep (except Shmogg, and he's off on a secret Kitty
Mission, after receiving a good hour's worth of scritching)

Poor old Joel, I must seem uttelry nuts to him. One second, I want to be
snuggled and pampers, the next I don't want to be touched, and the third
second I can barely control myself from smacking him *hard* and blaming him
for feeling so anxious. He has always been one for teasing me, and even up
to a month ago I was fine with it, and would tease straight back and then
laugh at ourselves. It was always a good way of bonding. But now, I get
*really* senstive about it, especxially being tickled, poked or otherwise
physically teased and freak out on him. I have no idea why, I am supposing
that perhaps I am feeling quite physically vunerable, I can't move quickly
and have sod all stamina so that my "natural" phsyical defense mechanisms
are below standard, and I am feeling uncomfortable (like a declawed cat that
bites). But *rationall* I've *never* been a physical match to Joel, he's
always been much stronger and much faster than I have ever been, so I don't
know why I suddenly feel like this. Its not like I'm *scared* of him on a
concious level, but I think perhaps somewhre in my subconcious I fear that,
because he doens't know his own strength (he doesn't!) that he'll hirt the
baby and I"m getting all motherly-instinct and protective. That or going
mad.

The nursery will be painted a bright happy yellow tomorrow - the colour is
called "Lemon Gelato", and makes me think of yummy icecreams, fun parks and
all things that a re great about childhood. Its being painted by Scott,
entirely out of his own pocket, and on his own initiation too (he's the uy
that bought the Krispy Kremes for me). He also brought with him his carpet
cleaner, and scared the living daylights out of us by letting us see the
grot that came out of the carpet int he nursery - the least used room of the
house. Scott is one of the GodFathers of Cary, his partner Marty will be the
other. Although a gay couple, they are remarkably similar to Joel and I in
the way they get along, in what they believe, and how they'd raise kids (we
gave them the third degree) and, well, they arne't exactly going to have
their own. And the rest of our friends have been simply incredible as well
(including you folk). I really don't know what I have done to be blessed
with such wonderful people in my life, but the generosity (not necessarily
in material things, but it plays a significant part) of them all has
astounded both of us. We;ve not had to buy a single thing for the baby yet
(we've had to buy lots of stuff *because* of the baby, yes, but not directly
*for* the baby) and we have enough toys and clothes to last a good year, I
reckon. And I do so hope to be able to pass all this good stuff on to
another couple who will need it after we've finished with it. The last thing
I"d want to see is it all disposed of - what a complete waste. In some ways
I really wish my sister had waited a year until she got preggers herself
then she could have had all this, but her baby will only be 4 months younger
than Cary, and so there will be nothing I won't still be using to give to
her (except support and adivice I guess)

My feet are *really* puffy and cnstantly ache like I"ve just spent the whole
day walking on them. Half my shoes no longer fit, I've had to borrow Joel's.
I do like pressing the ankles though and seeing just how bad the water
retention is by seeing how long it takes for the impression to leave the
skin. It looks really weird. And my hands have also swollen a little, but I
don't notice the larger size so much (as my engagement and wedding rings
have always been pretty loose) but how *hot* the feel. I often just stick
them under the cold tap because it is such a blessed relief - but then again
I'm still at least 5 degrees hotter than everyone around me. I mean, its
getting near the middle of Autumn and I"m still sleeping with nothing on and
a fan blowing onto me. Occasionally I have to put a sheet over my hips and
stomach, but if I don't have my top half bare with the fan, I feel
suffocatingly hot. And if you want a lift in my car, bring a jumper with
you, I've got the air con on max!

Had the "baby shower" on Saturday, which was really nothing more than a few
girlfriends (plus Scott, Marty couldn't make it) over for a night of excess
food and excess alcohol for those few of us who can still indulge (two were
pregnant, one was breast feeding and another driving). The breast feeding
one brought her son along. Fluffy got very confused. Especially when he
started crying. She got *very* agitated and even started barking. I could
tell it wasn't an *agressive* bark, but she was getting so worke dup about
it I feared taht she might start snapping at people (or worse, the baby) and
had th throw her outside. I am *hoping* that her strange behaviour was due
to lack of familiarity with young children, and that it was a protective
urge rather than anything else, as the growling and barking was accompanies
by frenzied tail wagging, and I know that Fluffy is not a really agressive
dog generally. Shmogg spent the whole day hiding in wherever it is Shmogg
hides (he's got a new spot I haven't yet discovered) so I figure that Shmogg
will be OK with the baby once he get shome, and will cope inthe usual way he
does when something has happened he doens't like - by completley ignoring it
and pretending its not there.

Well, finally the circadian rhythm has come back to "tired" and I"ll try to
get another few hours shut eye in before I get to play assistant painter,
and then go off to the obs. I'll keep you all up to date with whats
happening.

Once agian, thanks for being here in the dead of night - its really
reassuring to know that I can "talk" to someone even if my side of the world
is still sound asleep.

Purrs to all the barekittens out there, no matter how old.

Yowie

Old March 30th 04, 12:03 AM
Bev

Yowie wrote:

[...]

We are all purring for you Yowie - the wonderful thing is that in a week
or so this will all be in the past and you will be drooling over your
yowlet. And yes, it will be worth while
There will be pride, photographs all round and heaps and heaps of love.

In the meantime the love and support will be from all of us, so rev up
those purrs folks
purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bev trying to purr as well as B & C and FSP
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 30th 04, 12:22 AM
Sherry

((((((((Hugs)))))))) for Yowie & the Yowlet.

What you''ve written sounds *perfectly normal.* All of us parents went through
it.
The minute, the very second, Cary actually arrives, all those doubts will
disappear, and from that moment on, you'll wonder how you ever got along
without him. I promise.

Sherry
Old March 30th 04, 03:47 AM
Kajikit

Yowie had something important to tell us on Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:38:21
+1000:

yup, me again, witht he insomnia. Ok, the insomnia started about 3am and
hasn't really let off. I've thrown up once, and as a consequence I now have
water cracker crumbs in my bed. They do make for an "interesting" lie down.

The panic has set in. I go to the obs later today, and I am pretty sure

Many purrs and prayers for you sweetheart - it sounds like this is the
perfectly normal pre-baby jitters. But it's all going to be fine! Just
think how relieved you'll be once it's all over with and you have your
bub in your arms instead of your tummy

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

Here kitty kitty kitty... visit http://www.catslaves.org!

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://www.kajikitscorner.com
Old March 30th 04, 07:14 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 05:38:21 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

[...]

When things get tough, just remember this: you will be slim again!
Purrs and best wishes! MLB
Old March 30th 04, 08:27 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

The panic has set in. I go to the obs later today, and I am pretty sure
he'll tell me I'm being induced this week. And I'm scared. I'm not ready
(despite the fact I am *desperate* to get this thing outta me). The house
isn't ready. I can't imagine life as a mother. Last night, I was having
serious serious second thoughts. Why on earth have we done this to
ourselves? What on earth were we thinking? Did we *really* want to get
pregnant or was it just one of those things that seemed like a good idea at
the time? My head isn't in a good place at the moment (and I can't imagine
that helping the blood pressure stay down) and I"m not really sure what to
do

All of the above is *normal* - honest. To me, it's sign you are taking
motherhood seriously which is a darned good sign that you are well on the way
to being A Good Mother.

Poor old Joel, I must seem uttelry nuts to him. One second, I want to be
snuggled and pampers, the next I don't want to be touched, and the third
second I can barely control myself from smacking him *hard* and blaming him
for feeling so anxious.

Another sign of normality :-)

But now, I get
*really* senstive about it, especxially being tickled, poked or otherwise
physically teased and freak out on him. I have no idea why, I am supposing
that perhaps I am feeling quite physically vunerable, I can't move quickly
and have sod all stamina so that my "natural" phsyical defense mechanisms
are below standard, and I am feeling uncomfortable (like a declawed cat that
bites).

Yup all of those, plus hormones. Those hormones are crazy little b*ggers.

Its not like I'm *scared* of him on a
concious level, but I think perhaps somewhre in my subconcious I fear that,
because he doens't know his own strength (he doesn't!) that he'll hirt the
baby and I"m getting all motherly-instinct and protective. That or going
mad.

Nah - you were mad already;-) It's the mother-instinct starting to kick in.
Trust me, you'll protect your baby from *everything* and *anything*. Another
sign of normality :-)

You see, apart from being a mad catwoman, you are entirely normal :-)

*hugs* helen s

**$om $

Old March 30th 04, 09:15 AM
Yowie

Went to the obs today...

Everything is OK so far, but because of his concerns over my blood pressure,
I'll go into hospital to be induced at 3pm on Sunday - if I don't go into
labour naturally before that.

So perhaps I"ll start worrying a little..

Yowie
(fat chance of that)

Old March 30th 04, 02:04 PM
Marina

"Yowie" wrote

The panic has set in.

Hang in there, Vicky! We are purring for you! In the end, it will all be
worth it, I'm sure.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 30th 04, 04:34 PM
Charleen Welton

"Marina" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote

The panic has set in.

Hang in there, Vicky! We are purring for you! In the end, it will all be
worth it, I'm sure.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Sunday, 3:00 pm. Early Happy Birthday for Cary and for you, you're the

one doing all the work here remember! We'll be thinking, purring and
praying for you and your family.

Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro

Old March 30th 04, 07:31 PM
Yoj

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Went to the obs today...

Everything is OK so far, but because of his concerns over my blood

pressure,
I'll go into hospital to be induced at 3pm on Sunday - if I don't go

into
labour naturally before that.

So perhaps I"ll start worrying a little..

Yowie
(fat chance of that)

The good news is that, by this time next week, it will be over with, and
you will have a bundle of joy to cuddle.

Joy