[OT] YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old November 22nd 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default [OT] YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Duke of URL" wrote in message
CatNipped @

I was offered a better job. It pays more, enough to pay for the $20
- $25 a day gas and tolls going into the city - and the roads I have
to take to get there are not as bad as the roads I have to take now
(which are all under contraction). I'm going to be the principal
executive assistant, guiding three other assistants in their duties,
and I'll be working for the CEO of a small oil and gas company. The
offices are *GORGEOUS* and the equipment we get to work with is state
of the art. You're waiting for the catch, aren't you? Well, here it
is. Their contract with their partner/financial supporter ends at
the end of March. The company may be in trouble at that time bad
enough to close its doors (there is a chance they'll get more backers
- the CEO started out with his own capital and built the business up
to a multi-billion conglomerate - all he needs to do is find new
backers).
I told Ben, I don't care what happens, I'm taking the job. The
d*ckhead I'm working for now keeps losing business left and right and
his business is about to fail. I'd rather take the risk on someone
who is used to taking risks and winning! At least I'd have 6 months
of higher pay, six months of an easier commute, six months of working
in an industry I "grew up in" and love, and 6 months of working with
intelligent, sophisticated older gentlemen. And even after that I'll
have a good job history to put on my resume (I'm trying to
deemphasize the web development since that's dried up here in the
states and stress the executive assistant skill I have). Having
worked for *TWO* CEOs of two firms should put me over the top
experience wise and make it that much easier to find another job in
the career path I want.
Anyway please send purrs for my nerves starting this shaky (maybe
temporary) job - they would be greatly appreciated.

You arouse my interest - what "industry" is that?
Oh & BTW - nice to hear someone appreciating us "intelligent,
sophisticated older gentlemen" - purrrr...
--
Moses Lambert PO1(SW) USN(ret)
Prothonotary Wibbler, Paleoconservative, Surface Warrior Squid,

The oil & gas industry. In the past I worked 3 years for Shell, 10 years
for Amoco (now British Petroleum), and then 3 years for Amerada Hess. It's
a whole 'nother world. Although this is the smallest O&G I've ever worked
for - he's more a speculator than an oil company.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 22nd 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

CatNipped wrote:
snip

Anyway please send purrs for my nerves starting this shaky (maybe temporary)
job - they would be greatly appreciated.

Purrs on their way. I can very well understand your nerves, having made
a big job move myself recently. Even though you know you're well capable
of the job, it's still scary. Best of luck!
Old November 22nd 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

"CatNipped" wrote:

Anyway please send purrs for my nerves starting this shaky (maybe temporary)
job - they would be greatly appreciated.

--

That's wonderful news! Purrs for your nerves and future purrs that the company
will survive.

Randy
http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old November 22nd 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
risks and winning! At least I'd have 6 months of higher pay, six months of
an easier commute, six months of working in an industry I "grew up in" and
love, and 6 months of working with intelligent, sophisticated older
gentlemen. And even after that I'll have a good job history to put on my

And I hope that during those six months you will continue your search
for a perfect job.

Anyway please send purrs for my nerves starting this shaky (maybe temporary)
job - they would be greatly appreciated.

Lots and lots of purrs! What a great holiday gift for you, I'm so happy!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 22nd 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt

CatNipped skrev i meddelandet ...
[...]

Congratulations! Wishing you good luck. When do you start?
Elisabet

Old November 22nd 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:47:11 -0600, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

[...]

You got 'em. Congratulations-- you more than deserved some good news
for a change.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 22nd 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:47:11 -0600, CatNipped wrote:

[New Job]

Anyway please send purrs for my nerves starting this shaky (maybe temporary)
job - they would be greatly appreciated.

Sending "Good Luck" purrs to you.

With countries like China and India demanding more and more from the
limited "piece of cake" called energy in general and oil/gas in
particular there should be a chance for a good future in this branch.

Squarely Yours
Michael
--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with fluffy-cats Blacky and Merlin
Old November 22nd 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat

"CatNipped" wrote
I was offered a better job.

Best of British Luck with it, CN, we're all purring for you bigtime!

Whatever happens I'm sure you'll enjoy it!!

Very best wishes:
Gordon (suave, intelligent, experienced older gentleman, think George
Sanders)
Bandit (ditto only not a bit like George Sanders)
Snowball (fluffier than George Sanders)
Claudius (more distinguished than George Sanders)
Raki (who George Sanders?)

Old November 22nd 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

[...]

I start next Wednesday, the 29th!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 22nd 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

CatNipped wrote:
I was offered a better job...At least I'd [be]working in an industry I
"grew up in"...

Purrs on their way. I used to work in oil exploration (in the UK) - it's
_not_ an easy life, but the rewards are good!

--
MatSav

[OT] [OT] Now I've seen it all.... Pat Cat anecdotes 24 August 1st 06 12:41 PM
[OT] Sydney Race Riots: Purr request Yowie Cat anecdotes 30 December 14th 05 08:56 PM
[OT] Narnia CatNipped Cat anecdotes 10 December 14th 05 03:19 AM
[OT] My luck CatNipped Cat anecdotes 14 December 13th 05 03:39 PM
[OT] Listen to the Denver PD online! Pat Cat anecdotes 0 December 13th 05 02:30 AM