is it possible for fleas to live in human hair?

Old January 18th 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elizabeth via CatKB.com

Default is it possible for fleas to live in human hair?

i ask because my cat has fleas *cringe* and sometimes my scalp itches like no
other. so i get paranoid... do i have fleas crawling around on my scalp???
also, my mother does not know about the cat having fleas. although i give my
kitty fleas baths, nothing seems to work.
what do i do without my mother kicking my cat to the curb and spending tons
of money on flea treatments for the house?
if we do have to get rid of her, which i don't think i can handle, would she
be able to adapt easily to a new home??? please any advice is appreciated!

Old January 18th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Hi Elizabeth,
do you know which is an absolutely sure method not to have fleas on
humans?
To have a cat in your house!
A flea never want to go to human if it has a beautiful fur to choose.
So don't worry about fleas.
To fight them there are product you can find easily for example "front
line".

Max

Old January 18th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

"Elizabeth via CatKB.com" u25238@uwe wrote in message
i ask because my cat has fleas *cringe* and sometimes my scalp itches like
no
other. so i get paranoid... do i have fleas crawling around on my scalp???
also, my mother does not know about the cat having fleas. although i give
my
kitty fleas baths, nothing seems to work.
what do i do without my mother kicking my cat to the curb and spending
tons
of money on flea treatments for the house?
if we do have to get rid of her, which i don't think i can handle, would
she
be able to adapt easily to a new home??? please any advice is appreciated!

Yes, you could have a flea in your scalp. I don't know if they set up
housekeeping there with a much more desirable location available (the cat)
but they can pass through.

Solving this problem won't cost tons of money. Get some Advantage or
Frontline and treat the cat. If you let the cat out you will have to treat
the cat year round. To get the fleas out of the house, vacuum, vacuum,
vacuum. Get a flea collar at the pet store cut it up and put it in the
vacuum cleaner bag. They aren't good for much else.

Old January 18th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Marissa

Spreading carpet fresh all over the carpets when you vacuum and vacuum and
vacuum is very helpful. Arm n Hammer is probably best in that it contains
baking soda, (sodium bicarb). The sodium bicarb component will kill fleas
and is perfectly harmless to your kitties.

Your house will smell great!! Happy vacuuming
Good luck,
Maria

Old January 18th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

"Marissa" wrote in message
Spreading carpet fresh all over the carpets when you vacuum and vacuum and
vacuum is very helpful. Arm n Hammer is probably best in that it contains
baking soda, (sodium bicarb). The sodium bicarb component will kill
fleas and is perfectly harmless to your kitties.

-------
I always thought that the sodium bicarb gets on the cat's paws, which they
are constantly licking, then it gets into their bloodstream and ultimately
their urine gets too alkaline, predisposing them to stone formation. That's
the reason I never buy a cat litter that contains sodium bicarb. I read this
somewhere, and I'm not sure if it's true or if I'm being gullible. Can
anybody comment?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old January 18th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Edna Pearl

If you have fleas, you'll know it.

Prevent fleas with Frontline, Advantage, or a similar monthly (or
thereabouts) skin treatment. If you have fleas in the house, remove the
pets and people and flea bomb the house while you flea-treat the cat. Flea
bombs are not expensive.

ep

Old January 18th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elizabeth via CatKB.com

okay thank you all very much. after i posted this i went and looked at my
scalp. seems to me i just have a case of dry skin. ick. anyway, i'll be
giving her a beth tonight and i'll be using the carpet powder, and i'll wash
all of my clothes and sheets. that, i figure, is the best i can do. thanks
for all of your advice!!

--
http://i7.tinypic.com/24g0snn.jpg

my baby.

Old January 18th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cindys

okay thank you all very much. after i posted this i went and looked at my
scalp. seems to me i just have a case of dry skin. ick. anyway, i'll be
giving her a beth tonight and i'll be using the carpet powder, and i'll
wash
all of my clothes and sheets. that, i figure, is the best i can do. thanks
for all of your advice!!

--
http://i7.tinypic.com/24g0snn.jpg

----------
She is totally gorgeous. Why is flea treatment for the cat not an option for
you?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Old January 19th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

okay thank you all very much. after i posted this i went and looked at my
scalp. seems to me i just have a case of dry skin. ick. anyway, i'll be
giving her a beth tonight and i'll be using the carpet powder, and i'll
wash
all of my clothes and sheets. that, i figure, is the best i can do.
thanks
for all of your advice!!

--
http://i7.tinypic.com/24g0snn.jpg

----------
She is totally gorgeous. Why is flea treatment for the cat not an option
for you?
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

One more person who asks for advice and when it isn't what they want to hear
they ignore it.

They will bathe the cat and there will still be live fleas on it when they
are done. All they will accomplish is to annoy the cat and create a large
load of wet towels to be laundered. BTDT in the days before Frontline,
Advantage, Program and Revolution.