Marlo does a cat-like thing

Old November 19th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Marlo does a cat-like thing

I feed my cats around 5:30am because that's usually when I get up to
go to work. On Sunday I wake up around 5:45, wonder why the cats
haven't woken me, and figure I'll put out the food. I stagger into the
bathroom, put out the food, and notice that only Espy and Nipsy have
shown up. Very weird. Marlo is usually the most insistent.

Missing a meal is almost never a good sign with a cat, so I go around
looking for her, getting worried enough to go check the first floor
and basement, and I'm starting to panic. Back in the bedroom, there is
Marlo staring at the (floor level) air conditioner, tail waving
frantically. Espy comes by and also takes a look. But Marlo is clearly
in good health and so I go back to bed, wondering what is to come.

Around 8 I wake up, and Marlo comes trotting out from under the
dresser with a tail dangling out of her mouth. Down goes the mouse,
which runs away, Marlo chasing. She picks it up again, and brings it
into the bathroom, where I pick it up (using a towel) and drop it into
a trashcan. I take it outside and liberate the (apparently healthy)
mouse.

Marlo forgives me for this blunder, but I really don't like to see the
poor things tortured. We rarely have a mouse come visit, and so I
forget that these adorable little creatures are finely tuned hunters.
I'm just glad that I'm bigger than they are.
Old November 21st 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

It's always a dilemma. They are so proud when they catch something,
but I too hate the aftermath!
Old November 21st 07, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to dgk :

We rarely have a mouse come visit, and so I
forget that these adorable little creatures are finely tuned hunters.
I'm just glad that I'm bigger than they are.

And? You actually think you being bigger would prevent them from
kicking your rear? HAHA!

I can see the headlines now, "Local slave fools self into believing
cats wouldn't beat them to the ground after liberating dastardly
rodent."

Especially since you mentioned THREE. I have ONE and I'm afraid to
throw down fisticuffs with kitty.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old November 21st 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 03:37:34 -0600, "-Lost"
wrote:

Response to dgk :

We rarely have a mouse come visit, and so I
forget that these adorable little creatures are finely tuned hunters.
I'm just glad that I'm bigger than they are.

And? You actually think you being bigger would prevent them from
kicking your rear? HAHA!

I can see the headlines now, "Local slave fools self into believing
cats wouldn't beat them to the ground after liberating dastardly
rodent."

Especially since you mentioned THREE. I have ONE and I'm afraid to
throw down fisticuffs with kitty.

Animal Planet had something about big cats on last night. I wasn't
really watching but they are just so majestic. But no, I'm not really
afraid of my cats physically although they manage to inflict plenty of
minor injuries. Mostly I fear that one of them will send me sprawling
down the steps when they charge ahead of me.
Old November 21st 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response to dgk :

Especially since you mentioned THREE. I have ONE and I'm afraid
to throw down fisticuffs with kitty.

Animal Planet had something about big cats on last night. I wasn't
really watching but they are just so majestic. But no, I'm not
really afraid of my cats physically although they manage to
inflict plenty of minor injuries. Mostly I fear that one of them
will send me sprawling down the steps when they charge ahead of
me.

Oh, I DEFINITELY know what you mean! I sometimes think Gabby enjoys
being kicked across the floor.

Not only does he run only far enough to be between my legs or
directly in front of me, but he'll repeat it -- over and over and
over again.

Charge ahead.
Kick.
Charge ahead again.