My Crazy Day

Old April 15th 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default My Crazy Day

It started with my rant in here about the crazy religious woman. I'd
just finished posting, when the crowd got up. It went from 0 others in
here to 6 in less than 2 minutes. So we went to McDonald's for breakfast.

There, I got hit on by this 80+ year old man. He started out
complimenting me on my family, then wanted to know what I was doing
today. I didn't realize he was hitting on me until Lynn whispered that
he was and then gave out details. At first I was weirded out, then I
found it really funny. We're still laughing about it and how I didn't
realize what he was up to. The kids say that I didn't put out widow
vibes, just had no male roughly my age in tow.

Mike and Lynn are flying back to Seattle tomorrow, so I wanted to pick
up some stuff for them. Mike now owns the leather bound edition of D&D
3.5. Lynn wanted and got a copy of one of the reference books she
loves. It turns out that she studies the meaning and origin of personal
names. She has an encyclopedic memory for the things. She is
fascinating. I was able to help her find a reference that she'd been
looking for. I was a happy mama.

On the way home, I pulled into a collectible/head shop. I found a
couple of great snuff bottles there a few years ago. Nothing today, but
looking is most of the fun. Next door to this store is a pet store.
The kids went in ahead of me then rushed out and announced that the
snakes were still there, but worse, there were BITTIES for sale as well.
Not good. Mandy ended up getting a six week old(yeah, I know, too
young) long furred black with charcoal undercoat, male DLH who likes to
sleep,play with his toys, eat, and climb whatever he can. Smokey, as
they named him, is currently sleeping in my hand as I type this.

We got home from PetSmart with supplies for ALL of the owners and I
collected the mail. There was a sales brochure from a headstone
company, a general touting estate planning through an insurance company,
and a letter from the VA (Veterans Administration). It turns out that
vets cannot receive benefits for the month they die. I am supposed to
send them a check for the amount Rob got, then they will send me a check
in my name for whatever amount I'm entitled to. I lost it,screamed at
the guy over the phone, got Mike telling the rest of the crew to watch
out because I tend to take my stress out on those around me.

So what do you do after that? I blew the cash and took us all to a new
theater to see "How To Train Your Dragon." I got a queasy tummy, then
fell asleep halfway through the movie. I woke up at the end of the
movie. What I saw was really good. The kids adored the movie. They
want copies of the DVD when it comes out. I'll have to buy one just to
see what I missed. When we got home, I slept for over three hours then
rejoined the real world. I feel better and can talk about it now.

OH, I forgot. My casualty assistance officer called while we were in
PetSmart. His accent is so thick (Hispanic) that I had to make him
repeat everything at least twice. I think I'm in trouble. The kids
think this is funny and something that Rob would get a kick out of,
along with my 80+ year old boyfriend (who told me that he has coffee at
McDonald's every morning). They are no help at all.

Pam S
Old April 15th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Tell Mike and Lynn the weather in Seattle was beautiful today.
((((((((Pam)))))
Love
Kyla

"tanadashoes"

Old April 15th 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

Try to think of how good the old duffer felt after hitting on such a
young beautiful lady. That was probably the high point of his day! LOL
Best wishes. MLB
Old April 15th 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
[...]

You have a wonderful family. They may be no help, but they are wonderful!
Karla

Old April 15th 10, 07:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

It does sound like quite a roller coaster day. I'm glad your kids were with
you, and that you were able to have some laughter and enjoyment, in spite of
all the other stuff, and the grief that hits you every so often.

It *will* get better.

Joy

Old April 16th 10, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

I'm glad the kids enjoyed the movie and that you got to do some nice things
for them. You're going to find yourself exhausted at unexpected times.
There's a lot going on in your life right now. It's understandable. I
don't remember my mother having any trouble from the VA. Sheesh, haven't
you been through enough already? Purrs continue.

As for getting hit on by a geezer, join the club, honey A client of one
of the tax preparers at work found out in casual conversation we live on the
same island. He was extremely interested in what I like to do to socialize.
Do I play golf? Go to the fitness center? Am I a member of the club? (No,
no, and no.) He said he recently moved here and while everyone is very nice
they're all couples so he feels like the odd man out. Guess what? I'm not
going to change that! (He never even asked if I'm involved with someone.)
This guy was fast approaching 80 (I'll be 50 in July). When he arrived for
his appointment he said he needed to sit down before he fell down. LOL

I don't understand men like this. What on earth could we possibly have in
common? When he came to the front desk to pay for his tax return he was
still at it. Where exactly do you live? Oh right, I'm going to give you my
address. Just then the tax pro handed me the paperwork... I glanced down.
Oh gawd! the guy lives about 6 houses down from me! So, Pam, you can easily
avoid McDonald's for coffee every morning. But I'm bound to run into this
guy when I go across the street to the mailbox. It's inevitable.

I miss the days when the guys who hit on me were 20 years younger and I was
old enough to be their mother LOL

Jill

Old April 16th 10, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

If you think the hitting on you was funny now, just wait a couple of months.
A lady dies in our town and within two days, there were three widow ladies
(not me) taking him casseroles for his diner. He did come to talk to me
about it as he had heard some of my tales. Told him eat the food, return
the dish but, if repeated and unwanted, return the food with a "I have so
much in the freezer but, thank you." If he doesn't do that, then it is on
him and eventually it will turn into a cooking contest. He agreed and
called to say he had returned one and she was ****ed. (too bad) had he kept
it, she would have misread and then it would be on. He is a 80+ and not
interested as his marriage was far from good so, don't think he will want to
repeat.

Pam Darlin' you got to get your laughs where you can.

Old April 16th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"jmcquown" wrote in message
(snip)
[...]

You need to get a Groucho Marx disguise to wear to the mailbox
(remember-those glasses with the nose and mustache, oh and eyebrows too).
Carry a cigar as a prop.

He'll never recognize you!
Karla

Old April 17th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

karla wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
(snip)
[...]

Old saying"They are either looking for a nurse or a purse!"
Best wishes.MLB
Old April 17th 10, 03:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

karla wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

I miss the days when the guys who hit on me were 20 years younger and I
was old enough to be their mother LOL

Jill

You need to get a Groucho Marx disguise to wear to the mailbox
(remember-those glasses with the nose and mustache, oh and eyebrows too).
Carry a cigar as a prop.

He'll never recognize you!
Karla

LOL, I may have to do that at McDonald's.

Pam S. giggling

Is my cat crazy? ADeadFishDied Cat health & behaviour 9 December 26th 06 02:34 PM
Crazy cat Paul Cat health & behaviour 4 November 6th 06 03:41 PM
I must be crazy... Hans Schrøder Cat anecdotes 4 December 13th 05 04:44 PM
my crazy cat Stephen Cat health & behaviour 10 September 17th 04 03:38 AM
Crazy Cat? Bill Cat health & behaviour 4 July 19th 04 05:02 AM