Cute little... um...

Old December 3rd 05, 10:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cute little... um...

A friend sent me this picture, which she got from a friend, who got it
from a friend, etc. We don't know what kind of animal these are. Maybe
porcupines? Possums? Hedgehogs? Bats sleeping inside anemone? Vegetable
scrubbers? You decide. It's a pretty incredible photo nonetheless.

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/kastanje.jpg

Joyce

PS - "kastanje" is Dutch for "chestnut", which doesn't tell you much
of anything about the animal.
Old December 3rd 05, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
A friend sent me this picture, which she got from a friend, who got it
from a friend, etc. We don't know what kind of animal these are. Maybe
porcupines? Possums? Hedgehogs? Bats sleeping inside anemone? Vegetable
scrubbers? You decide. It's a pretty incredible photo nonetheless.

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/kastanje.jpg

Joyce

PS - "kastanje" is Dutch for "chestnut", which doesn't tell you much
of anything about the animal.

Awww! They're baby hedgehogs.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old December 3rd 05, 10:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yes, they're baby hedgehogs, white ones. They're kept as pets by some
people.

Nanny

schreef in bericht

Old December 3rd 05, 11:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
A friend sent me this picture, which she got from a friend, who got it
from a friend, etc. We don't know what kind of animal these are. Maybe
porcupines? Possums? Hedgehogs? Bats sleeping inside anemone? Vegetable
scrubbers? You decide. It's a pretty incredible photo nonetheless.

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/kastanje.jpg

Joyce

PS - "kastanje" is Dutch for "chestnut", which doesn't tell you much
of anything about the animal.

Looks like baby hedgehogs to me. Just put hedgehog into a Google images
search, and you'll get a few more just like those.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old December 3rd 05, 11:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine K. wrote:

Looks like baby hedgehogs to me. Just put hedgehog into a Google images
search, and you'll get a few more just like those.

You're right! Hedgehogs they are! The sites are very interesting, too.

Are they related to porcupines?

Joyce
Old December 3rd 05, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

What cuties! As others have already posted, they're hedgehogs. I never saw
pictures of baby hedgehogs before. My jury is out on whether hedgehogs
fall into the "exotic animals that might not make ideal pets" category,
since I just plain don't know enough about them. But no wonder people took
an interest in making pets of them... they're adorable little critters!

Donna, and the far-less-prickly Captain and Stanley

Old December 3rd 05, 02:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Christine K. wrote:

Looks like baby hedgehogs to me. Just put hedgehog into a Google images
search, and you'll get a few more just like those.

You're right! Hedgehogs they are! The sites are very interesting, too.

Are they related to porcupines?

Joyce

The weirdest thing is, that when I put porcupines into a Google images
search, one of the results was that exact picture!
(
http://www.nicholasroussos.com/image...upine-baby.jpg)
But they sure look like hedgehogs to me. And I can't remember seeing or
reading about porcupines rolling up like the hedgehogs do when they feel
in danger. Don't know if porcupines and hedgehogs are related, we don't
have porcupines in Finland, only hedgehogs.

Old December 3rd 05, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 03 Dec 2005 10:33:43 GMT, yodeled:

A friend sent me this picture, which she got from a friend, who got it
from a friend, etc. We don't know what kind of animal these are. Maybe
porcupines? Possums? Hedgehogs? Bats sleeping inside anemone? Vegetable
scrubbers? You decide. It's a pretty incredible photo nonetheless.

http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/misc/kastanje.jpg

Joyce

PS - "kastanje" is Dutch for "chestnut", which doesn't tell you much
of anything about the animal.

They are baby hedgehogs!! By pure coincidence, I was looking at the
Wikipedia entry on hedgehogs a day or two ago, and that very same
picture was on the page. I think hedgehogs are cute as all get-out.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old December 3rd 05, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

They are baby hedgehogs!! By pure coincidence, I was looking at the
Wikipedia entry on hedgehogs a day or two ago, and that very same
picture was on the page. I think hedgehogs are cute as all get-out.

Loadsa piggies in my garden. Said piggies are native to UK and are most
welcome in gardens by gardeners, since such piggies devour slugs & snails
wot eat stuff gardeners grow. In the wild, such piggies are covered in
fleas, though - *huge* fleas.

Cheers, helen s

Super Cute! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 4 October 11th 05 06:21 PM
Peepers charges his nana! (cute story) Trish Cat anecdotes 14 July 17th 05 09:32 PM
Isn't this cute? (Ebay auction - not mine) Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 0 May 2nd 05 05:34 PM
CUTE CUTE: Run don't walk Karen Cat anecdotes 6 July 17th 04 02:12 AM