Snake just came out of the ceiling!!!

Old December 7th 05, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Snake just came out of the ceiling!!!

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .

One good thing to know about venomous snakes is that most of them even if
they bite you will do very little harm. They will have very little in the
venom sacks if they have recently caught prey. The purpose of the venom is
to paralyze the prey so it can be eaten. It is not there for
"self-defense".

I've heard that with the local cottonmouths and copperheads. They have the
ability to determine how much vemon they want to pump into a bite. Not sure
how true that is, I wish I could find the reference. But it may be little or
big enough to land you in the hospital.

Old December 7th 05, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message
Ok, I now know the feeling of complete and utter paralyzing terror. I
always laughed at how they show people freeze up in the movies, but
now I know it's totally true.

So there we were, watching frozen in terror as this snake appeared and
fell to the ground. Suddenly I just lost it and started screaming
hysterically and made for the door. But in my terror, I couldn't get
the door open, I just kept fumbling with the knob and screaming and
Dennis was behind me trying to help and we were just interfering with
each other and I was more afraid than I'd ever been in my life.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Ranger and the grey snake Dan M Cat anecdotes 6 October 26th 05 12:15 PM
toys: hanging something from the ceiling? John Doe Cat health & behaviour 69 March 11th 05 11:17 AM
Snake! badwilson Cat anecdotes 20 February 27th 05 02:53 AM
Victor Velcro and the Mama Snake Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 27 June 23rd 04 02:19 PM
Bonnie Catches a Snake Bev Cat anecdotes 15 January 11th 04 08:22 PM