Ping Marina, Christine K.

Old February 24th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Marina, Christine K.

Congratulations to Finns for outplaying USA olympic
hockey team without resorting to unsportsmanlike
cheap shots and penalty-box occupation. Finland
has greater resources than killer cheese!

Old February 24th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"dnr" wrote in message
Congratulations to Finns for outplaying USA olympic
hockey team without resorting to unsportsmanlike
cheap shots and penalty-box occupation. Finland
has greater resources than killer cheese!

....and hooray for ANY team that did better than us Canadians.... Which

seemed to be most of them.... Sorry sight, all those millionare players &
not a single goal between them....
--
Mathew
Butler to 3 cats: Chablis, Muscat & Sage

Old February 24th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Thank you very much!!
We do feel very proud of our athletes. Some have been very lucky and have
done very well (hockey, curling, giant slalom etc.), whereas others have
not quite fulfilled our eager expectations (ski jump, figure skating).
And now off to watch the semi-final game, where our boys play against our
Eastern neighbours, the Russki-boys.
Christine in Vantaa, Finland

And I bet the Russians will be far more formidable opponents than anyone
yet. Heavy-duty sporting purrs for the Finns to prevail in the semis!

Old February 24th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:

And I bet the Russians will be far more formidable opponents than anyone
yet. Heavy-duty sporting purrs for the Finns to prevail in the semis!

Looking good so far: 1-0 for us after the first period!

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old February 24th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-24, Chakolate penned:

Ice hockey, at least as played in the USA, is more about the
violence than about the sport. Fans can get really horrible, and
the players just seem to be in it for the violence. I had to stop
watching it years ago because it was so disgusting.

I am also disgusted by the violence in pro hockey, but as someone
who's played beer league hockey for a few years, I love to watch their
moves. They are amazing athletes. I'd just rather not see them
fighting.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 24th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-24, Mathew Kagis penned:

"dnr" wrote in message
Congratulations to Finns for outplaying USA olympic
hockey team without resorting to unsportsmanlike
cheap shots and penalty-box occupation. Finland
has greater resources than killer cheese!

....and hooray for ANY team that did better than us Canadians.... Which

seemed to be most of them.... Sorry sight, all those millionare players &
not a single goal between them....

What's the women's Canadian team, chopped liver?

*grumble grumble*

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 24th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine K. wrote:
dnr wrote:

And I bet the Russians will be far more formidable opponents than anyone
yet. Heavy-duty sporting purrs for the Finns to prevail in the semis!

Looking good so far: 1-0 for us after the first period!

3-0 for us after the second period!! Yay!!

That's some great hockey our boys are playing! Even kept our end clean
having two players in the penalty box against a full set of Russians!
Saku Koivu's penalty was really not an intentional case of holding, he
just happened to grab the Russian's sleeve when he fell, and ended up
with a nose-bleed from the Russian's stick to top it off. And the
Russians are getting nervous with their zero-score...

Old February 24th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christine K. wrote:
Christine K. wrote:
dnr wrote:

And I bet the Russians will be far more formidable opponents than anyone
yet. Heavy-duty sporting purrs for the Finns to prevail in the semis!

Looking good so far: 1-0 for us after the first period!

3-0 for us after the second period!! Yay!!

YEEHAAA!! We won!! 4-0!!
And the opponent in the final game, Sweden, is our "old favourite
enemy". It will be a great game to watch!!

Old February 24th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

YEEHAAA!! We won!! 4-0!!
And the opponent in the final game, Sweden, is our "old favourite enemy".
It will be a great game to watch!!
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Yeehaaw? I thought only us rednecks had that
"rebel yell"! LOL. Congrats again on demolishing
the Russians. So.....now it all boils down to
the age-old Scandinavian rivals: Finland/Sweden.
I know some Swedes and they are very big on
their outdoor sports competitions. I'm very
happy for you. Where is Marina? Out on that
enclosed porch with her beloveds? You need
to tell her to grab everybody and take in the
hockey champs.

Old February 25th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:
YEEHAAA!! We won!! 4-0!!
And the opponent in the final game, Sweden, is our "old favourite enemy".
It will be a great game to watch!!
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Yeehaaw? I thought only us rednecks had that
"rebel yell"! LOL. Congrats again on demolishing
the Russians. So.....now it all boils down to
the age-old Scandinavian rivals: Finland/Sweden.
I know some Swedes and they are very big on
their outdoor sports competitions. I'm very
happy for you. Where is Marina? Out on that
enclosed porch with her beloveds? You need
to tell her to grab everybody and take in the
hockey champs.

Here I am. Thanks but no thanks. Watching an ice hockey game would
constitute the worst kind of torture for me. ;o)

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

PING: Marina Susan M Cat anecdotes 3 November 9th 05 03:21 AM
Ping: Marina JBHajos Cat anecdotes 6 August 16th 05 05:59 AM
Ping & Weeble visit TED (long) Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 22 November 11th 04 01:35 PM
Ping Marina Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 32 May 4th 04 03:15 AM
Ping Christine Burel LOL Cat anecdotes 14 December 21st 03 09:15 AM