cats and olives...

Old June 4th 05, 09:18 PM
.oO rach Oo.

Default cats and olives...

What gives here? I've known three cats that go completely insane for
olives - our Stella being the latest. She won't beg or touch human food
except olives. She can smell them at 100 paces and if she gets nearer, she
starts to salivate! So much so it was dripping from her little mouth? Is it
something cat nip related??

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old June 4th 05, 10:42 PM
Joe Canuck

..oO rach Oo. wrote:

What gives here? I've known three cats that go completely insane for
olives - our Stella being the latest. She won't beg or touch human food
except olives. She can smell them at 100 paces and if she gets nearer, she
starts to salivate! So much so it was dripping from her little mouth? Is it
something cat nip related??

It is the salt in the olive they like.
Old June 4th 05, 11:10 PM
bigbadbarry

Joe Canuck wrote:

It is the salt in the olive they like.

Well, the texture is nice too.

Old June 4th 05, 11:28 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
".oO rach Oo." wrote:

What gives here? I've known three cats that go completely insane for
olives - our Stella being the latest. She won't beg or touch human food
except olives. She can smell them at 100 paces and if she gets nearer, she
starts to salivate! So much so it was dripping from her little mouth? Is it
something cat nip related??

I dunno, but the one time Sinbad (may he rest in peace) bit me was when
I teased him about black olives. He loved them! What happened was, he
was sitting on the table when I was eating. I ate a black olive, then
leaned forward and breathed in his face. He leaned forward in turn and
bit me on the nose! Well, a nip, but I definitely felt it. I felt I
deserved it, so I apologized to him and never did it again.

Priscilla
--
"Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what
the hell happened." -- Cora Harvey Armstrong
Old June 5th 05, 02:55 AM
Spot

My late Meowzer had an obsession with olives. It didn't matter if they were
green or black he loved them. It was the one sure way to catch the little
rip when he'd sneak out side and not want to come in. I'd just get the jar
out and toss him one or two and while he was distracted I could scoop him
up.

About once a week I would take an olive and slice it up for him as a treat.
My current trio could care less for them but Meowzer was crazier for olives
than he ever was catnip.

Celeste