Decorating the Tree With Mommy

Old December 6th 04, 02:21 AM
Tanada

Jo Firey wrote:

Having raised a pair of daughters who are know for their good dispositions,
I know there are things they save just for Mommy.

Isn't that the truth. Lately she has been doing her best to convince me
that she's a rude, mean, self-centered snot. So far, she's succeeding.

Pam S. worried

Old December 6th 04, 02:50 AM
CatNipped

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...

I don't know if I can wait that long. I really don't expect Mandy to
have children. They don't give epidurals in the first month.

Pam S.

ROTFLMAO!! You got that right, my Erin was the same way - she cried and
screamed and carried on like a 2-year-old once when she was 17 and had to
get 2 shots in the ER (granted they were a burning medication, but boy
howdy, kid, wait till childbirth!). Thankfully she grew up to be a
wonderful, caring, loving, and wise mom! All your hard work *will* pay off
in the end!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 6th 04, 03:11 AM
Christine Burel

ROFLOLWTIME!
Christine
"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
CatNipped wrote:

Oh, girlchildren are the inspiration behind "The Exorcist"! Mine was

*SO*
sweet and good as a baby and young child - she even volunteered to clean

the
house and would *beg* to cook. Tinkle, tinkle, tinkle, tinkel (strains

of
music from "The Exorcist")... and then she turned 16... tinkle, tinkle,
tinkle, tinkle... I expected to walk into her bedroom and see her head
spinning in circles and pea soup being spewed from her mouth!!! She

didn't
become human again until she had kids of her own!

Old December 6th 04, 03:20 AM
Christine Burel

Very cute story -- when my kids were little the bottom half of the tree was
definitely unbreakable ornaments! The kitties we have have raised the bar
another notch however...
Christine
"FibbersCloset" wrote in message
This reminds me of a posting I did several years ago.

Cast of Characters:

DD - age 4 at the time
DC3 - three calicos aged 3 at the time
Mom - age not available...

We went to the basement to find the decorations for the tree. DD wanted
to take everything up. Mom wanted to haul up the bare minimum (lights,
angel, and the can of unbreakable Christmas ornaments). DD left Mom to
hunt and went to other end of basement to play on DH's drum set.

Hauled stuff upstairs. Discovered that angel was not in can marked
"angel and lights." Returned to basement. Looked through every box
marked Christmas. Twice. Discovered a bunch of Christmas stuff in an
unmarked box. Note to self: mark boxes better when we put things away
in January. In the meantime, got totally distracted with all of the
other "stuff" in basement. Went back upstairs with angel. D*** cats
(three of them -- hereafter referred to as DC3) escaped into basement.
Returned to basement to retrieve them.

Back to tree. While Mom untangled lights, DD opened box of ornaments
and unwrapped every one, dumping them all in a pile on the floor. Mom
did angel and wrapped lights. DC3 chased ends of light strands. Mom
and DD wrapped pearls and ribbons. DC3 chased ends. DD became irate
with DC3.

The style of decorating is not a classic one. The pearls and ribbons
are a minimum fuss with maximum effect plan to make DD happy and
decorate fast. All ornaments are unbreakable. Not because of DD (who
understands fragile and breakable) but for DC3. We bought a heavier,
sturdier stand this year in hopes that no tree disasters would occur.
We can also resort to tying it up with fishing line. Mom's mantra
during whole process ("We are not trying to be Martha Stewart. We are
trying to have a tree DD will be happy with.")

Mom decided Christmas music would add to atmosphere. Discovered all
Christmas CDs are in DH's truck. Decided to play radio instead, didn't
turn down volume and caused DD to literally fall to floor from blast of
music.

DD tired of process and started talking about snack. Mom finished
decorating with half the ornaments -- the rest went back into the box.

Mom turned out room lights and sat with DD on her lap to admire tree
(this is the best part).

Dena

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Cast of Characters:

Sammy - 7-month-old female kitten
Mommy - MUCH older female human

After much contemplation and mental anguish, Mommy decides that she will

not
let Sammy's, er, boisterousness prevent her from the joy she gets in

putting
up a Christmas tree.

Very amusing story snipped

Old December 10th 04, 12:40 PM
ScratchMonkey

Gotta email that one around!

A friend sent me this comical link:

http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp
Old December 10th 04, 03:23 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:40:35 -0600, ScratchMonkey
yodeled:

Gotta email that one around!

A friend sent me this comical link:

http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp

Whoa! Very funny. And those little girls are adorable.

Theresa
Old December 11th 04, 01:58 AM

ScratchMonkey wrote:

A friend sent me this comical link:
http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp

What beautiful kitties! They're naturals in front of the camera, too -
hamming it up in very cute poses.

Thanks,
Joyce
Old December 11th 04, 05:37 AM
Marina

ScratchMonkey wrote:

Gotta email that one around!

A friend sent me this comical link:

http://www.fluffytails.ca/christmas.asp

Oh, this had me ROFLing all the way. Especially the before and after
shots of the tree. literally wiping tears out of eyes Ooooh, my
goodness, am I glad I never even tried having a Yule tree with my two
around.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 1st 05, 11:41 AM
Jean Hobbs

reading this conversation, I must say I met a lovely little girl on the
train
the other night, when coming back from a visit toVicky, she was 18 and
looked about15 and I thought to myself that she was very much like the 18 yr
olds of my generation, we were not so self assured as even some of the 16 yr
olds of roday, she was so sweet too asked me if I needed help off the train,
nothank you are you ok ? do you want me to walk you out of the station?
and she still had a long bus journey to Ashfield. I told her I was ok,
but I thought she was a really sweet girl, and I was happy to have met her.
Jean.P.

Tanada wrote in message
ink.net...
Sherry wrote:

You just pack up that precious girlthing to me!!
(Listen people, I have met the GirlChild and she is obviously incapable

of such
shenanigans. She is the sweetest, brightest, most friendly kid I have

ever met)

As soon as I can buy a carrier big enough, I'll ship her out.

Pam S. laughing

Old January 2nd 05, 01:16 AM
Christina Websell

"Jean Hobbs" wrote in message
reading this conversation, I must say I met a lovely little girl on the
train
the other night, when coming back from a visit toVicky, she was 18 and
looked about15 and I thought to myself that she was very much like the 18
yr
olds of my generation, we were not so self assured as even some of the 16
yr
olds of roday, she was so sweet too asked me if I needed help off the
train,
nothank you are you ok ? do you want me to walk you out of the station?
and she still had a long bus journey to Ashfield. I told her I was ok,
but I thought she was a really sweet girl, and I was happy to have met
her.
Jean.P.

We are told so much how awful today's teenagers are that we can become
afraid of them. Most of them are lovely, like this girl was.
It's just the minority that spoil it.
A few weeks ago, I was weeding my front garden. Kitty came out to help, but
she spotted a couple of girls across the street. Scritch tart that she is,
she went over to them. They sat on the sidewalk and petted her for ages. I
kept on trying to get my garden under control.whilst watching my cat.
One of the girls came over to me and said very politely "Excuse me, do you
know who this cat might belong to?"
I said "Yes, she's mine.."
However....it was not very long later that these two girls found a dog that
was was missing, came to my house to borrow a lead for it, and got it back
to its owner. It had been panicked by something and run away the previous
day. The owners were ecstatic to get him back.
That's teenagers for you.
They are just awful.

Tweed