Small Animal Clinical Nutrition book / Mark Morris Institute

Old November 27th 03, 10:48 PM
Lorraine

On 26 Nov 2003 16:36:39 -0800, (Steve Crane)
wrote:

But as USUAL, what you posted is incorrect. Nothing new or alarming
about that I'm used to it. As I said before, give MMA a call, or
better yet check with the Secretary of the State of Kansas and find
out who owns and controls MMA. It's a 501C3 organization and it's
records are publicly available.

I'm bored, OK?

According to
http://www.accesskansas.org/apps/cor...rom= get_term
http://www.accesskansas.org/apps/cor...rom= get_term
http://www.accesskansas.org/apps/cor...rom= get_term
Mark Morris Associates, Inc was merged out of existence while Mark
Morris Associates, L.P. was disolved with the last annual report
published in 1990. However, the Mark Morris Institue does indeed exist
according to
http://www.accesskansas.org/apps/cor...rom= get_term
as a "Not for Profit Corporation" in good standing. The name of Dr.
Mark Morris, Jr. does not appear and the address shows 400 SW 8th,
Topeka. I haven't worked downtown for a while now, and I don't venture
there often, but if I went to find that building, wouldn't I be standing
on the corner of 8th and Harrison, and I wouldn't I find a Hill's sign
in front of it?

I did find a Morris Animal Foundation under charities at
http://www.kscharitycheck.org/result...705556&seqid=1

Old November 27th 03, 11:34 PM
GAUBSTER2

The Mark Morris *Institute* published the book and they are indeed
connected to Hill's.

Why do you continue to believe this? It has already been shown NOT to be

the
case, yet you cling to it as if it is some sort of lifeboat? Why don't you
just call them yourself and find out for yourself?

Where? Where was the proof posted? I posted proof. So you show me yours.
The rest of your post is insignificant to me.

Steve Crane. Did you call the organization itself for verification of what he
said?

Old November 27th 03, 11:49 PM
Joe Canuck

wrote:

[...]

Interesting research, good job. Perhaps there is a connection, even if
the only one being they both belong to the same corporate family. How
far it extends beyond that only an insider could say for sure.

I have to wonder how much communication goes on between companies under
a large corporate wing. I imagine at the upper management level there
may be some.

But really, the bottom line here is that the SACN contains essentially
information about nutrition science which would be slammed down if it
was totally off the wall and biased towards Hill's products.

Out of curiosity I check the PETA site and was somewhat discourged to
find the Colgate-Palmolive name under the list of "Companies that test
on Animals". sigh

What are we to do? My cat is doing very well on Science Diet products
and I believe Hill's when they say they don't do anything harmful with
animals under their care. If it wasn't true, the lawsuits would be
flying fast and furious... I would think.

shrug

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old November 28th 03, 12:49 AM
Joe Canuck

wrote:

[...]

Now apparently the foundations of AAFCO were based on Mark Morris's work.

So, indirectly Hill's has played a role in the formation of the AAFCO
standards that most foods now adhere to.

Seems to me they do good work. :-)

Old November 28th 03, 06:14 AM
Karen M.

GAUBSTER2 wrote:

The Mark Morris *Institute* published the book and they are indeed
connected to Hill's.

Why do you continue to believe this? It has already been shown NOT to be

the

case, yet you cling to it as if it is some sort of lifeboat? Why don't you
just call them yourself and find out for yourself?

Where? Where was the proof posted? I posted proof. So you show me yours.
The rest of your post is insignificant to me.

Steve Crane. Did you call the organization itself for verification of what he
said?

That's not proof. That's heresay. I want *proof*.