6 channels [OT]

Old November 21st 04, 12:00 AM
SUQKRT

In article , Marina
wrote:

SUQKRT wrote:
I'm a big CSI(Las Vegas) fan yes its gross, but between the science and

the
charactors its fascinating tv.

Sorry to disillusion you, Suz, but ever since I saw the one where they

claimed that the mark on the bone of a diabetic was from his injection

needle I've taken the science with a huge grain of salt. You would have

to literally be skin and bones to manage sticking the needle into the
bone, those needles are so short. They are meant to go just under the skin.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

True, I know that the needles diabetics use are ver fine, but confess I didn't
think about it too much.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old November 22nd 04, 06:05 AM
Stormin Mormon

Curing African poverty by raising money in the UK or US can be very useful
(if the locals down there are set up to feed themselves). Or useless if it
promotes dependence.

I've heard that much of the reason for poverty in Africa is that the warring
tribes do it to each other. And then they kill off the meddlesome aid
workers who are trying to feed group B. Which Group A wanted starved to
death, so group A kills aid workers.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Stevenson" wrote in message

Here in the UK we have five channels of TV ["terrestrial channels"]
coming through our aerials, two of which are funded by licence fees not
advertising. Naturally they compete a lot. Cable and satellite provide
lot more of course, and Sky our main satellite provider looks on Sky One
as its best channel.

Tonight for ten minutes we had a unique experience: all five
terrestrial channels plus Sky One were identical, playing a new video!

Band Aid 20: a great attempt to reduce poverty in Africa, and I really
appreciate the warring TV channels coming together to promote it.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome

Old November 23rd 04, 03:58 AM

Cheryl Perkins wrote:

Well, 'much' doesn't mean a whole lot. Sure, there are many wars in
Africa. They are often a result of colonialism and the artificial
boundarys drawn...

Cheryl,

Thanks for a very intelligent, thoughtful, and knowledgeable post. It was
very illuminating reading.

Joyce