Our New Year's Eve

Old January 3rd 04, 05:40 AM
Julie Cook

Default Our New Year's Eve

DH and I have for many years stayed at home on New Year's Eve and had a
small party with just us and the cats. We did the same this year. I
started getting the party ready by setting up a small folding table that
I have and placing a nice lace tablecloth over it. I went into the
kitchen to prepare the shrimp and returned to the livingroom to find
that Hobbes had decided the table was set up for him to take a nap on.
I should have taken a picture but to be honest, he looked entirely to
much like a New Year's turkey and I didn't want to embarrass him by
sharing that with the world.

The shrimp was the first thing I prepared by arranging the cocktail
shrimp in my new (Christmas pressy) Peugeot Sound Seafood server which I
then placed on the dining room table since I figured Hobbes would get
back onto the party table. I gave Hobbes and Lacey some shrimp and
Selena got some turkey while I was preparing the party. They finished
their treat and Hobbes returned to the table but I couldn't find Lacey.
A movement in the dining room caught my eye and I realized she was on
the dining room table trying to figure out how to open the seafood
server and help herself to more shrimp! This is the first time any of
our cats have ever tried to
help themselves to our food. I'll have to keep an eye on little Lacey
girl.

We enjoyed our party and toasted the New Year in with a glass of a very
nice German eisewine which we both prefer to champagne. After cleaning
up the party and putting things back to right the cats and I had a
purring/meatloaf meditation to remember all of our cat friends who
crossed the bridge as well as our human friends who made the journey and
everyone needing purrs right now.

I managed to get some pictures of our New's Year Eve celebrations.

Pictures of Hobbes, Selena and Lacey sending purrs (I completed the
circle but of course someone had to take the picture):
http://tinyurl.com/2ukee

Picture of Selena and Lacey purring:
http://tinyurl.com/2ccly

Our Purr Candle:
http://tinyurl.com/ypdfq

And of course pictures of Lacey playing and one of Sweet Selena:
http://tinyurl.com/335qb
http://tinyurl.com/ytyrm
http://tinyurl.com/yr7lo

Other pictures in the album (in case you are interested) are of our
party table.

Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New
Year with hopes that this year will be the best ever.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old January 3rd 04, 06:53 AM
Marina

What a fine spread you had for only the two of you! The cats are gorgeous,
as usual, and I love that candle holder!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 3rd 04, 03:29 PM
Karen

in article , Julie Cook at
wrote on 1/2/04 11:40 PM:

[...]

That's quite the spead! Nice piccies.

Karen

Old January 3rd 04, 03:32 PM
Stacey

Great picture! How beautiful they are!!!! I see Hobbes still has a bare
patch on his leg from his recent TED visit?

Stacey

Old January 3rd 04, 06:25 PM
Dan Mahoney

Our Purr Candle:
http://tinyurl.com/ypdfq

Where did you ever find that? That is wonderful!

Old January 3rd 04, 06:59 PM
Hopitus2

What a fine bunch of cats you have! So pretty and healthy-looking. I like
your seafood server (which I assume is the white ceramic round thing
w/butterflies on top, and *not* the little deer ceramic), quite
unique....what a spread. Don't blame Lacey for trying to get more.
And that "purr candle" is adorable.

"Stacey" wrote in message
: Great picture! How beautiful they are!!!! I see Hobbes still has a bare
: patch on his leg from his recent TED visit?
:
: Stacey
:
: ...

Old January 3rd 04, 08:36 PM
Takayuki

Julie Cook wrote:
Pictures of Hobbes, Selena and Lacey sending purrs (I completed the
circle but of course someone had to take the picture):

I have to concur with everyone here. Those are wonderful pictures.
It's nice to see all the cats together, and you can see their relative
sizes. Hobbes seems to be the biggest.

Old January 3rd 04, 09:51 PM
polonca12000

Your kitties are adorable! And I love the purr candle! Thanks for sharing
the pics with us.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Julie Cook" wrote in message
DH and I have for many years stayed at home on New Year's Eve and had a
small party with just us and the cats. snip

Old January 4th 04, 12:19 AM
pmendhall

I have to ask, what is eisewine? It sounds interesting.

Diane

Old January 4th 04, 01:35 AM
Cheryl

Julie Cook wrote in on 03 Jan 2004:

Hobbes, Selena, Lacey and I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New
Year with hopes that this year will be the best ever.

That is the best way to celebrate the end of one year, the start of the
next. I don't want to say how I celebrated mine. Purrs to you and yours
and a year full of more shrimpies.

--
Cheryl

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy.
Come here Squishy. Ow. Bad Squishy.
- Dori

hellooooo Tish S Cat anecdotes 15 November 5th 03 09:14 PM
Nearly two years ago GraceCat Cat anecdotes 3 October 10th 03 08:38 PM
It's been 4 years (holistic) jen.d Cat anecdotes 1 August 14th 03 03:20 AM
It's been 4 years polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 8 August 13th 03 06:58 PM