Cat wants me to eat mice ...

Old August 29th 05, 02:29 AM
Mark Edwards

Default Cat wants me to eat mice ...

No cluons were harmed when "Gerry Lintonice"
wrote:
My cat always brings mice into the house and drops them at my feet,
expecting me to eat them.

This is a problem, 'cause I'm a vegetarian, but I don't want to
disappoint my cat.

What can I do now?

Suck it up and eat the mice.

Mark Edwards

--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old August 29th 05, 02:29 AM
Candace

Gerry Lintonice wrote:
My cat always brings mice into the house and drops them at my feet,
expecting me to eat them.

This is a problem, 'cause I'm a vegetarian, but I don't want to
disappoint my cat.

What can I do now?

http://tinyurl.com/ddcg4

Candace

Old August 29th 05, 03:36 AM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:29:11 -0000, Mark Edwards
yodeled:

wrote:
My cat always brings mice into the house and drops them at my feet,
expecting me to eat them.

This is a problem, 'cause I'm a vegetarian, but I don't want to
disappoint my cat.

What can I do now?

Suck it up and eat the mice.

Mark Edwards

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Theresa
Old August 29th 05, 05:48 AM
wafflycat

"Gerry Lintonice" wrote in message
oups.com...
My cat always brings mice into the house and drops them at my feet,
expecting me to eat them.

This is a problem, 'cause I'm a vegetarian, but I don't want to
disappoint my cat.

What can I do now?

Mince the mouse then stir-fry with loads of veggies so you don't notice too
much you are eating mouse.

Cheers, helen s

Old August 29th 05, 06:11 AM
Yowie9644

Raw mouse is not all that pleasant for human suggestion and has the
additional risk of some diseases if not cleaned and prepared utterly
scruplously, so its worth your while cooking the mouse meat before
eating.

Here's one of my favourite recipes

Mouse Cacciatore

2 kg mouse , skinned & gitted
2 large onions onions, sliced
1 green capsicum, chopped
1/4 cup oil
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 cans diced tomatoes
..5 kg chopped mushrooms
Good amount of parsley, chopped
oregano
thyme
Salt & pepper to taste

Heat oil in large frypan. Add the mice pieces, brown and set aside.

Add onion, capsicum and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Add the
cans of tomatoes, parsley, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper to frypan.
Cook over low heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.

Add the mice bits; cover and cook over low heat 45 minutes. Stir
occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook uncovered 15 minutes or until
sauce is desired consistency.

Chicken can also be used instead of mouse.

Yowie

Old August 29th 05, 06:13 AM
Yowie9644

Apologies for the crosspost. Stupid Google.

Yowie

Old August 29th 05, 06:29 AM
wafflycat

"Yowie9644" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apologies for the crosspost. Stupid Google.

Yowie

Moi aussi! Stupid me, in my case - lack of morning caffeine.... and too much
sun whilst cycling and racing yesterday!

AAAGGHHH!!!

Cheers, helen s

Old August 29th 05, 01:55 PM
Enfilade

Gerry Lintonice wrote:
My cat always brings mice into the house and drops them at my feet,
expecting me to eat them.

This is a problem, 'cause I'm a vegetarian, but I don't want to
disappoint my cat.

What can I do now?

Thank your cat, tell her you're full and give them back.

Then she gets your thanks AND a tasty treat.

--Fil

Old August 29th 05, 05:38 PM

Gerry Lintonice wrote:
My cat always brings mice into the house and drops them at my feet,
expecting me to eat them.

This is a problem, 'cause I'm a vegetarian, but I don't want to
disappoint my cat.

What can I do now?

To be politically correct with an obligate carnivore, one must smile,
stroke the fur-rocious beatie, and exclaim, what a might hunter and
considerate roommate you be.

After appropriate greetings and solicitations, there will be the
obligatory torture and play sessions. I excuse myself, claiming a
previous engagement.

I find vegetarian mice don't cut it. Like a wind-up carrot.