CP - Icarus update?

Old August 19th 04, 02:15 AM
KellyH

Default CP - Icarus update?

Just wondering what the latest on Icarus is. Did you get him into a
shelter?

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old August 19th 04, 03:53 AM
Cat Protector

There is really no space available so we may adopt him. He has yet to get
checked out by a vet since I have been working alot the last few days. I am
awaiting word from one of the rescue groups that is trying to do a program
for low cost spay/neutering to get him in to be checked out, given shots,
neutering, etc. The person doing it is pretty close to where I live. It is
also a lot cheaper than a lot of vets. I feel bad for Icarus having to stay
in the bathroom right now but it is better than being outside with the
storms and the heat. Isis has been hissing at him under the door but she is
also playing with him as well. When he puts his paws underneath the door,
Isis paws at them and tries to get in her shots.

Old August 19th 04, 04:01 AM
KellyH

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
There is really no space available so we may adopt him. He has yet to get
checked out by a vet since I have been working alot the last few days. I

am
awaiting word from one of the rescue groups that is trying to do a program
for low cost spay/neutering to get him in to be checked out, given shots,
neutering, etc. The person doing it is pretty close to where I live. It is
also a lot cheaper than a lot of vets. I feel bad for Icarus having to

stay
in the bathroom right now but it is better than being outside with the
storms and the heat. Isis has been hissing at him under the door but she

is
also playing with him as well. When he puts his paws underneath the door,
Isis paws at them and tries to get in her shots.

You could foster him until there is room. But, if he gets along with Isis
and Jade after you get him neutered and tested, and you have room for three,
then hey, why not?

-

Old August 19th 04, 04:15 AM
Cat Protector

Well they only allow residents 2 cats in this place but I went to the
apartment manager and explained the situation and as much as she said she
didn't want a cat in the clubhouse that it was no problem for me to keep
him. Although, I have been told there may be an animal ordinance where I
live that only allows you a certain number of animals in such a small space
like an apartment. It is very hard to turn him away considering what he has
gone through.

Old August 19th 04, 05:12 PM
Cat Protector

After reading about various breeds that have bobtails, it seems Icarus may
be a Japanese Bobtail. He has that same palm palm on his hind quarters
(which makes his hair puffed up in the back) that they do and he seems to
have somewhat the same facial features. He is also somewhat talkative and
seems to have the body structure.