Isn't this cute?

Old September 15th 05, 01:31 AM
Hans Schrøder

Default Isn't this cute?

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/dagensb...icle455255.ece

The picture and the article taken from www.nettavisen.no, a Norwegian news
site.

The pig and the cat grew up together in a backyard in Bancavero, a Serbian
village. They are the best friends in the world, and they play together all
the time.

I just wanted to share the picture with you, the cat looking so happy with
the pig friend... It just shows that cats can live peacefully with all kinds
of animals, if they just meet them at an early stage.

--
Hans Schrøder

Old September 15th 05, 01:54 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Hans Schr=F8der wrote:
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/dagensb...icle455255.ece

The picture and the article taken from www.nettavisen.no, a Norwegian news
site.

The pig and the cat grew up together in a backyard in Bancavero, a Serbian
village. They are the best friends in the world, and they play together a=

ll
the time.

I just wanted to share the picture with you, the cat looking so happy with
the pig friend... It just shows that cats can live peacefully with all ki=

nds
of animals, if they just meet them at an early stage.

--
Hans Schr=F8der

Awwww, that is so sweet. Lovely cat.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old September 15th 05, 01:56 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Gandalf wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 02:31:56 +0200, "Hans Schr=F8der"
wrote:

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/dagensb...icle455255.ece

The picture and the article taken from www.nettavisen.no, a Norwegian ne=

ws
site.

The pig and the cat grew up together in a backyard in Bancavero, a Serbi=

an
village. They are the best friends in the world, and they play together =

all
the time.

I just wanted to share the picture with you, the cat looking so happy wi=

th
the pig friend... It just shows that cats can live peacefully with all k=

inds
of animals, if they just meet them at an early stage.

What a cool picture and story! Reminds me of the famous gorilla who had
a cat as a 'pet'. The gorilla (wish I could remember the name) is world
famous for it's 600 to 800 vocabulary of American sign language

The gorilla *asked* for a kitten as a pet, and a kitten was given to the
gorilla. While the gorilla had to be caged often (although is a very
big, comfortable cage with an inside area, etc.. the cat could come and
go as it pleased. And it *always* slept with the gorilla.

*sigh) I wish I could remember more details, so I could do a search on
the gorilla.

Wasn't it Koko? Or something similar. The kitten was a white and
orange tabby (I think). Yep on Koko, nope on the colors...

http://www.koko.org/

Anyone remember the story better than I do?

I remember seeing a story on TV, and pictures in a magazine, but it was
quite a long time ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old September 15th 05, 01:57 AM
Karen

On 2005-09-14 19:31:56 -0500, "Hans Schrøder" said:

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/dagensb...icle455255.ece

The picture and the article taken from www.nettavisen.no, a Norwegian
news site.

The pig and the cat grew up together in a backyard in Bancavero, a
Serbian village. They are the best friends in the world, and they play
together all the time.

I just wanted to share the picture with you, the cat looking so happy
with the pig friend... It just shows that cats can live peacefully with
all kinds of animals, if they just meet them at an early stage.

That IS a cute picture!!

Old September 15th 05, 01:58 AM
Karen

Old September 15th 05, 02:18 AM
'Arlett

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 02:31:56 +0200, Hans Schrøder wrote:

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/dagensb...icle455255.ece

The picture and the article taken from www.nettavisen.no, a Norwegian news
site.

The pig and the cat grew up together in a backyard in Bancavero, a Serbian
village. They are the best friends in the world, and they play together all
the time.

I just wanted to share the picture with you, the cat looking so happy with
the pig friend... It just shows that cats can live peacefully with all kinds
of animals, if they just meet them at an early stage.

Yes they can! Thanks for sharing!
Old September 15th 05, 02:23 AM
Katrina

wrote:

[...]

Koko is the gorilla, and her first cat was Manx named (by Koko) "All
Ball". All Ball was hit and killed by a car outside the compound, and
when Penny Patterson (Koko's handler) told Koko, she (Koko) cried.
Koko later got another kitty, this time a grey Manx that she named
Smoky. Apparently Koko prefers cats without tails.

Katrina

Old September 15th 05, 02:46 AM
William Hamblen

On 2005-09-15, Hans Schrøder wrote:

I just wanted to share the picture with you, the cat looking so happy with
the pig friend... It just shows that cats can live peacefully with all kinds
of animals, if they just meet them at an early stage.

I'm more surprised the pig is peaceful with the cat. Pigs are notoriously
bad tempered.

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.
Old September 15th 05, 02:54 AM
Gandalf

wrote:

[...]

How sad that Koko lost her kitty :-(

I'm sure she grieved just like a human. Glad to know she received
another one, though!

Cute cat beds Katz Cat anecdotes 3 June 18th 05 06:16 AM
Isn't this cute? (Ebay auction - not mine) Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 0 May 2nd 05 05:34 PM
Cute Cat Contest Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 4 October 20th 04 04:55 PM
cute - random cat name generator kaeli Cat health & behaviour 4 September 25th 04 12:29 AM
CUTE CUTE: Run don't walk Karen Cat anecdotes 6 July 17th 04 02:12 AM