Not again....

Old March 10th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Not again....

So here I am, missing work, because Meep spent another morning digging,
squatting and not peeing I can't make an appointment until 8am, so
here I am, waiting.

I was wondering, are there other problems than cystitis that would cause
a older female cat to frequently go to the litterbox and squat but not
pee more than a drop? Normally when she has an attack, she's
distressed. This morning she behaved mostly normal, not really
distressed, but did hit the litterbox 5 or 6 times in around 1/2 hour.

And now she's gone to bed.

I'm just wondering if I'm making a mistake assuming it's cystitis. Last
time I had her in, it was the same - lots of box visits, but not
particularly distressed. Her earlier attacks she was clearly distressed
and in pain.

Of course, it could be because she's "used to it" now...

I really hate waking up early in the morning to dig, dig, dig, dig, dig

jmc
Old March 11th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Matthew exclaimed (3/11/2008 8:01 AM):
"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

I wondering if it is a turmor or a growth developing that is pressing on
something. Or stones. Have they done a ultra sound?

Jmc Meep is not on dry food but a low ash wet food right. I am sorry if
you told me already so many masters can't keep up with them.
It might jsut turn out to be Idiopathic Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disorder

She's on mostly wet, though I've added a bit more dry into her diet
(it's senior+urinary), since she's lost some weight and won't eat more
wet. As for low ash, I don't know and don't have any choice where we
are - there's only two or three brands of catfood here she'll even
touch, and only about 5 total to choose from And she's stopped
trying to go pee, which I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. I've
got another hour or so before her vet appointment.

jmc
Old March 11th 08, 09:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Matthew exclaimed (3/11/2008 8:55 AM):
"jmc" wrote in message
[...]

just food for thought everything I read was the diet is the key to keep
from reoccurring they all said low ash content and more fluid intake

Vet says it's not cystitis. Took bloods, but suggested it was just
stress. Said bladder was fine; there was a bit of urine in it but
neither full nor empty.

I'm still worried something is wrong. She slept most of the day (which
is normal), but now that she's up she's been in the litterbox twice in
the last 15 minutes. Peeing just little bits. I don't think she's in
any pain, but I think she keeps feeling like she has to go pee, when
really she doesn't.

Bloods won't be back until tomorrow I'm off to google "frequent
urination feline"

jmc