best way to clean up cat mess's??

Old June 16th 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul[_2_]

Default best way to clean up cat mess's??

As in when they hairball's or puke -- how do you get the stain off a
carpet? talking the cheap stuff, rent controlled housing, super low
pile if there even is a pile

I've used advantage and the oxcy stuff (spray cleaner for carpets) --
both say it's for pet stains, as in the whole gamut of stains they can
leave behind

if I'm home when it happens, I can clean it easier but I'm not always
home when it happens is better to let it harden & then clean it up?
Or does it leave more of stain?

I bought a set 3 different size putty knifes and if it got a little
hard I scrap it up first

either way it leaves a stain on the rug no matter what I clean with

I've had to fight to keep Moe & Rudy, first the manager/owner (Denise)
said get rid of one, this was abt a month after my hubby died, really
tried not to, the harder you try the more it comes out & I started
sobbing... Denise wants any excuse for me to get of Rudy & Moe (yes,
they're neutered)

I've only gotten pets from the SPCA ...when Rick & I went to pick them
out (I never, ever get kittens) told him I wanted two short hair cats,
2-3 yrs old, didn't care if they were female or male....I made the
mistake of going to the bathroom mean while he had fallen in love with
2 super long hair cats, 8 months old -- that had never lived in a home
-- some useless **** head had dumped the 2 brothers along with their 3
sisters tied in a pillow case...only my guys survived, their sisters
had too many injuries

The SPCA named them Mutt & Jeff, we renamed them Moe & Rudy (I have no
idea where we got their names from)

sorry I ramble -- it's the pitfalls of having ADHD

best method to clean their messes while being least toxic?

thanks, Lynn

Ambivalence is a wonderful tune to dance to. It has a rhythm all its
own.
~Erica Jong
Old June 16th 09, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask

ensoul wrote:
[...]

A really good book on getting rid of all stains is "Spotless" written by
Shannon Lush http://www.shannonlush.com/ and published by ABC books
http://www.amazon.com/Spotless-Room-...5123868&sr=1-2
She has a down to earth style, no euphemisms she calls vomit vomit, ****
**** etc, typical Australian ie no polite words just tell it as it is.
Old June 16th 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S

Oxiclean works pretty well, but I hate the white granules it can leave
behind.

I really like an enzymatic cleaner called Petzyme. It's sold by the
gallon at Petsmart (the only place that seems to carry this particular
brand) and it's around $14. It works great on all sorts of pet messes,
even older stains. You really have to be generous about the amount you
use--soaking the surface is how the eyzmatic cleaners work.

I've used it for nearly a year and always keep it on hand. It works
better IMO than other brands and is much cheaper.
Old June 16th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:15:56 -0700 (PDT), ensoul wrote:
As in when they hairball's or puke -- how do you get the stain off a
carpet? talking the cheap stuff, rent controlled housing, super low
pile if there even is a pile

Forget about those supposedly high tech stain removers. They don't work and are
very expensive. They leave a ton of soap in the carpet, and the soap will
attract dirt and turn the spot dark in a few weeks.

Get a carpet spot cleaner like the bissel cleanmachine. For almost all
stains, it is all you need.

For really severe stains, use boiling water with a little soap, extract,
then use boiling water again and extract that to remove the soap.