Winter weather

Old December 13th 09, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Winter weather

The temp is a balmy 33 degrees and snow is starting to fall. Feels
good after so many days of single digits. However, TuTu is still by the
heat vent. MLB
Old December 13th 09, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
MLB wrote:

The temp is a balmy 33 degrees and snow is starting to fall. Feels
good after so many days of single digits. However, TuTu is still by the
heat vent.

And here I was feeling abused because it got up to 85 degrees here,
today, and I had the AC turned on....

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra
Old December 14th 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

"MLB"
The temp is a balmy 33 degrees and snow is starting to fall. Feels good
after so many days of single digits. However, TuTu is still by the heat
vent. MLB

I live right below you and we got some snow today also.
Now it's just cold, and no snow.
BTW, on Yahoo News, it says tonight is the best night to see the
remains of the meteor shower, but unfortuantely, we haven't got the
visibality
Kyla

Old December 14th 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^..^=`

"Baird Stafford"

MLB
The temp is a balmy 33 degrees and snow is starting to fall. Feels
good after so many days of single digits. However, TuTu is still by the
heat vent.

And here I was feeling abused because it got up to 85 degrees here,
today, and I had the AC turned on....

Baird

IDK where you live Baird, but I have a tendency to 'heat up'
on my own LOL
I'd rather be cold than hot...sometimes....
Kyla
with the heat cranked up

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra

If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin till you do suck seed.
nyuk nyuk nyuk
--Curly from The Three Stooges
while eating half a grapefruit

Old December 14th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:02:34 -0800, "Kyla `=^..^=`"
wrote:

"MLB"
The temp is a balmy 33 degrees and snow is starting to fall. Feels good
after so many days of single digits. However, TuTu is still by the heat
vent. MLB

I live right below you and we got some snow today also.
Now it's just cold, and no snow.
BTW, on Yahoo News, it says tonight is the best night to see the
remains of the meteor shower, but unfortuantely, we haven't got the
visibality

Our Geminids were rained out last night and clouded out tonight. It's
the cloudy time of year. The Battle of Nashville Preservation Society
did have a cannon shoot, which was noisy and fun, on Saturday the 12th
to commemorate the December 15-16, 1864, Battle of Nashville.
http://home.comcast.net/~wrhamblen/

Bud

Old December 14th 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Dec 13, 11:14*am, MLB wrote:
The temp is a balmy 33 degrees *and snow is starting to fall. *Feels
good after so many days of single digits. *However, TuTu is still by the
heat vent. *MLB

Yup, I turned the heater on today and all three cats were fighting for
warm carpet space.

Kristi
Old December 14th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"MLB" wrote in message
The temp is a balmy 33 degrees and snow is starting to fall. Feels good
after so many days of single digits. However, TuTu is still by the heat
vent. MLB

It's currently 54F degrees so the heat kicked in. But it got up to 70
degrees a few days ago and I had the windows open. There's a reason I live
in the southern United States It will get cold in February (briefly).

Jill

Old December 16th 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

William Hamblen wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:02:34 -0800, "Kyla `=^..^=`"
wrote:

"MLB"
The temp is a balmy 33 degrees and snow is starting to fall. Feels good
after so many days of single digits. However, TuTu is still by the heat
vent. MLB

I live right below you and we got some snow today also.
Now it's just cold, and no snow.
BTW, on Yahoo News, it says tonight is the best night to see the
remains of the meteor shower, but unfortuantely, we haven't got the
visibality

Our Geminids were rained out last night and clouded out tonight. It's
the cloudy time of year. The Battle of Nashville Preservation Society
did have a cannon shoot, which was noisy and fun, on Saturday the 12th
to commemorate the December 15-16, 1864, Battle of Nashville.
http://home.comcast.net/~wrhamblen/

Bud

OT: Bud, is this battle the one that Trace Adkins sings about in his
song "Till the last shots fired?" There is a line in it that says: I was
there in the winter of '64, when we camped in the ice at Nashville's
doors. Three hundred miles our trail had lead; we barely had time to
bury our dead."

Just curious

Mishi
Old December 16th 09, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:57:02 -0500, Mishi wrote:

William Hamblen wrote:
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:02:34 -0800, "Kyla `=^..^=`"
wrote:

"MLB"
[...]

That is the one. It essentially ended the Civil War in the West. My
great grandfather J. K. P. Hamblen had joined the Confederate army at
the beginning of the war, when he was 17. He was not at this battle
because he had been wounded at Chickamauga the previous year and took
a long time to recover. He had a limp for the rest of his life.

Bud
Old December 20th 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmmee

smart kitty, Lee

--
Have a great day