Would you eat it?

Old September 1st 10, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Would you eat it?

This morning DH was late waking up to feed the cats their breakfast. I
didn't want to wake him by yelling for him, so I managed to climb up the
stairs and fixed myself a chicken sandwich (traditional breakfast foods tend
to make me nauseated for some reason). After pouring a glass of tea I
brought it all downstairs. I set the paper plate, with my sandwich, on my
bed while I was putting Splenda packets, one at a time and testing each
because it tends to go from tasting no sweet to cloyingly sweet in just one
or two packets. When I looked up I saw Archer licking my sandwich.

How many of you would have eaten the sandwich anyway, how many would go back
and fix another sandwich?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old September 1st 10, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

This morning DH was late waking up to feed the cats their breakfast.
I didn't want to wake him by yelling for him, so I managed to climb up
the stairs and fixed myself a chicken sandwich (traditional breakfast
foods tend to make me nauseated for some reason). After pouring a
glass of tea I brought it all downstairs. I set the paper plate, with
my sandwich, on my bed while I was putting Splenda packets, one at a
time and testing each because it tends to go from tasting no sweet to
cloyingly sweet in just one or two packets. When I looked up I saw
Archer licking my sandwich.

How many of you would have eaten the sandwich anyway, how many would

I'd cut out the part that was licked. We all know what part of their
anatomy they wash, so e-coli might be on the food.

Bobble
Old September 1st 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
This morning DH was late waking up to feed the cats their breakfast. I
didn't want to wake him by yelling for him, so I managed to climb up the
stairs and fixed myself a chicken sandwich (traditional breakfast foods tend
to make me nauseated for some reason). After pouring a glass of tea I
brought it all downstairs. I set the paper plate, with my sandwich, on my
bed while I was putting Splenda packets, one at a time and testing each
because it tends to go from tasting no sweet to cloyingly sweet in just one
or two packets. When I looked up I saw Archer licking my sandwich.

How many of you would have eaten the sandwich anyway, how many would go back
and fix another sandwich?

I probably would have eaten it.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old September 1st 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
moonglow minnow[_3_]

In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

This morning DH was late waking up to feed the cats their breakfast. I
didn't want to wake him by yelling for him, so I managed to climb up the
stairs and fixed myself a chicken sandwich (traditional breakfast foods tend
to make me nauseated for some reason). After pouring a glass of tea I
brought it all downstairs. I set the paper plate, with my sandwich, on my
bed while I was putting Splenda packets, one at a time and testing each
because it tends to go from tasting no sweet to cloyingly sweet in just one
or two packets. When I looked up I saw Archer licking my sandwich.

How many of you would have eaten the sandwich anyway, how many would go back
and fix another sandwich?

I'd eat the sandwich anyway. Everything has cat hair in it already
anyway, which contains dry cat spit, so why be bothered by a little
fresh cat spit?

Then again, I've been known to let the rats eat off my plate before I'm
done eating, so...

--
minnow ^..^

http://twitter.com/taheenahana
http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnow/
Old September 1st 10, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Bobble" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in
:

This morning DH was late waking up to feed the cats their breakfast.
I didn't want to wake him by yelling for him, so I managed to climb up
the stairs and fixed myself a chicken sandwich (traditional breakfast
foods tend to make me nauseated for some reason). After pouring a
glass of tea I brought it all downstairs. I set the paper plate, with
my sandwich, on my bed while I was putting Splenda packets, one at a
time and testing each because it tends to go from tasting no sweet to
cloyingly sweet in just one or two packets. When I looked up I saw
Archer licking my sandwich.

How many of you would have eaten the sandwich anyway, how many would

I'd cut out the part that was licked. We all know what part of their
anatomy they wash, so e-coli might be on the food.

I'd do the same, tbh. If you'd only glanced away for a moment or two he
would be unlikely to have had time to lick the sandwich all over. If I
thought he had, it still wouldn't be wasted, the chickens would get it.
It also depends on whether it was an open sandwich - one piece of bread with
topping, or more usually in UK, a filling between two slices of bread.
If the latter, it usually stops Boyfie licking my sarnies as he has no
interest in bread, but if it had a nice chicken or tuna filling I could not
leave him alone for an hour with it, he'd flip the top layer of bread off
and scoff the filling.
What I find amusing is that he seems to know he should not do it. If I
leave (say) my meat cooling in the kitchen just out of the oven and he comes
in from the out, he will jump up on the worktop and try and eat it. He
knows I am in the next room so if he hears me get up from my chair I hear
him jump down very quickly and disappear outside again, like "What? I wasn't
even here.."
He knows that I know he was. He would be exactly the same with an open
sandwich if I left it, he's just a very greedy boy but seems to know,
somehow, that he shouldn't.
Tweed

Old September 1st 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"moonglow minnow" wrote in message
In article ,
"CatNipped" wrote:

[...]

LOL! I figure that I, when I was a child, and also my children, ate all
sorts of nasties and survived to tell about it* so, like you, I figure
what's a little cat spit going to harm?

This is also why I believe that there are *SO* many more children now-a-days
with allergies and illnesses because their childhood has been so antiseptic
that their bodies never get the chance to create antibodies for a wide range
of things (not to mention causing viruses to build up defenses against so
many antiseptics and antibacterial to the point were we may end up having a
pandemic disease not treatable by any drug we have today).

Old September 1st 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

In my home office, I have a kitchenette where I brew my daily pot of
coffee. I have a spoon on the counter for stirring and I drink from a
covered insulated mug. One of our four cats, Mr. Sanders, shares the
office with me. On several occasions, I have interrupted him while he
was licking either the spoon or the lid of the mug. I can only assume
he had been doing it well before I actually caught him at it. In any
event, I now start the day by washing the spoon and the mug.

One of our other cats, Moe, has a persistent URI that makes his nose
run. I recently poured myself a glass of milk at the kitchen counter.
I turned to put the milk away, and when I turned back Moe had his nose
in my milk. No way I was going to drink that.
Old September 1st 10, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

CatNipped wrote:
This morning DH was late waking up to feed the cats their breakfast. I
didn't want to wake him by yelling for him, so I managed to climb up the
stairs and fixed myself a chicken sandwich (traditional breakfast foods tend
to make me nauseated for some reason). After pouring a glass of tea I
brought it all downstairs. I set the paper plate, with my sandwich, on my
bed while I was putting Splenda packets, one at a time and testing each
because it tends to go from tasting no sweet to cloyingly sweet in just one
or two packets. When I looked up I saw Archer licking my sandwich.

How many of you would have eaten the sandwich anyway, how many would go back
and fix another sandwich?

I probably would have eaten it.

It depends. There are two forces competing for dominance within my
psyche: hypochondria and laziness. If I were feeling nauseated, or if
I were seriously ill and easily nauseated, I would not eat it. If my
system were that fragile, I'd be too worried that it wouldn't be able
to defend itself from any stray bacteria coming from the cat's mouth.
If I were feeling fine, though, the laziness principle would no doubt
win out and I'd just eat it as is.

On the other hand, if I were trying to gain weight, I would not be
using Splenda to sweeten my food!

Joyce

--
Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old September 1st 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 9/1/2010 11:00 AM, CatNipped wrote:
This morning DH was late waking up to feed the cats their breakfast. I
didn't want to wake him by yelling for him, so I managed to climb up the
stairs and fixed myself a chicken sandwich (traditional breakfast foods tend
to make me nauseated for some reason). After pouring a glass of tea I
brought it all downstairs. I set the paper plate, with my sandwich, on my
bed while I was putting Splenda packets, one at a time and testing each
because it tends to go from tasting no sweet to cloyingly sweet in just one
or two packets. When I looked up I saw Archer licking my sandwich.

How many of you would have eaten the sandwich anyway, how many would go back
and fix another sandwich?

There is no such thing here as kitten/cat free food, nor dog free, in
this household. I would have eaten it.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY