Mulch and dangers to cats

Old October 31st 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Mulch and dangers to cats

I just built a cat enclosure for my two cats and I want to put pine
mulch down as the flooring. Will the pine bark mulch harm them in
any
way? If it is dangerous, what else would be better for them?
(I don't want to have to keep up with grass inside the enclosure.)

Thanks!

Old October 31st 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just built a cat enclosure for my two cats and I want to put pine
mulch down as the flooring. Will the pine bark mulch harm them in
any
way? If it is dangerous, what else would be better for them?
(I don't want to have to keep up with grass inside the enclosure.)

I'd do the same thing I do for a rock garden. Lay down heavy black plastic
(to keep weeks from growing) then lay down about 2 inches of smooth gravel
(large sized rocks will keep it from getting stuck in paws).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thanks!

Old October 31st 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
I just built a cat enclosure for my two cats and I want to put pine
mulch down as the flooring. Will the pine bark mulch harm them in
any
way? If it is dangerous, what else would be better for them?
(I don't want to have to keep up with grass inside the enclosure.)

I'd do the same thing I do for a rock garden. Lay down heavy black
plastic (to keep weeks from growing) then lay down about 2 inches of
smooth gravel (large sized rocks will keep it from getting stuck in paws).

OK, I seriously need to get my fingers fixed - I've been doing this all day.
I just sent my boss an email with TWO typos in it (it is ironic that, for
the costume party at work today, I came as a typo).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hugs,

CatNipped

Thanks!

Old November 1st 07, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Oct 30, 10:47 pm, wrote:
I just built a cat enclosure for my two cats and I want to put pine
mulch down as the flooring. Will the pine bark mulch harm them in
any
way? If it is dangerous, what else would be better for them?
(I don't want to have to keep up with grass inside the enclosure.)

Thanks!

I have heard that cocoa hull mulch can be toxic to dogs, so I'm
wondering if it might be toxic to cats?