(OT) Do Not Call Registry Violator

Old August 24th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default (OT) Do Not Call Registry Violator

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Erm. . I have an Avocado bathroom suite, I'll have you know ;-) It was
already fitted when I moved into this house in the 80's and very
fashionable it was too, at that time.
My bathroom works perfectly. I can have a bath in my avocado bath, wash
at my avocado hand-basin and use my avocado toilet. Why would I care what
colour it is, and more importantly, why would anyone?
If anyone comes to my house, needs to pay a visit to the bathroom and
raises their eyebrows at the avocado toilet, next time they come and need
a pee I shall say no, go and find yourself a fashionable white one
elsewhere!

My friends would never mention the colour of my bathroom suite, my
wallpaper, if I haven't hoovered for a few days or anything like that.
They would soon be ex-friends if they did. They actually don't care.
They come to see me not my house.

Sorry didn't mean to offend. I used to have an Avocado washer and dryer
set, also in the 80s. Were I in your house, I wouldn't comment on your
furnishings either. Friends just don't do that. Just that I hated that
avocado washer and dryer and thought that the color was close to Olive Drab
green. Yuk. I am sorry that I upset you though.

Pam S. very sorry.

Old August 24th 08, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Cheryl P." wrote in message

Have you ever had the experience of buying something you adored only to
later get so tired and sick of the sight of it that you'd love to get rid
of it - but if it's something like a toilet or fridge or bathroom tiles
you simply can't afford or can't justify the expense of doing so? If you
get sick of a blouse or set of sheets, you can throw or given them away
fairly easily; it's not so simple with major appliances. And they're
pretty hard to ignore, too.

That's what I see as happening here.

I had a friend once who had a small bathroom entirely in dark green
(presumably the choice of the previous owners) - fixtures, tiled walls
(which are NOT cheap or easy to replace), floor, everthing. The general
effect was of drowning, and much worsened by the small size of the room.
She got pretty disgusted and fed up with that, just like some people
who've been living with avocado green for years do.

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. That is exactly what happened with me. As I explained in an
earlier post, I had an avocado washer and dryer that I got so disgusted
with, but couldn't justify getting rid of. It was one of the few times that
I didn't mind the trips to the Laundromat to do the clothes while we saved
up for a newer washer. The dryer was included in the new set which didn't
hurt my feelings one bit.

Pam S.

Old August 25th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 24, 2:12*pm, "MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot
| pipex | dot | com wrote:

Formerly DTI, now DIUS.

I don;t know what either of those stand for

Ob cats: The 90-acre Government Estate I manage has several
visiting friends - some vocal, demanding skritches - others
somewhat wary of hoomins. I usually get a daily dose of felines
at work :-)

How lovely for you! At my last job there was a magnificent tuxedo girl
called Stamford who was the hospitals resident pest controller. the
day I started she was sitting on the front steps as I went in and I
immediately thought "I think I might like this place". She was there
the day I left as well. When it was being closed down whilst all the
staff were worried about their own futures obvioulsy a lot of us were
also worried about what would happen to Stamford. Luckily they were
keeping Neil who kept the gardens in order on so he, who didn't like
cats apart of course from Stamford,would make sure she was cared for.
Must have been a bit of a shock for her through when all the
people ;left because a quick assessment revealed she was getting fed
by about 3 different people (she was in perfect shape, round is a
shape). I remember Dilo the best business manager in the World ever
(no contest from anyone) used to keep a box of Go-Cat in his office
and once broke off an important meeting because Stamford was
scratching the outside door to his office for her treat! As he told it
there were all these people sitting there discussing major matters and
he suddenly stood up and said "That's Stamford...hold on" and got a
box of Go-cat out of his desk.....they did give him some funny looks!

I've got a photo of her on my notice board at work..that and Wahmsee
Two (and Troi..Whamsee Trois to be formal- the new plush kitten Dr G
gave me) is the nearest I get to seeing a living cat all day

Wonder if the new place will have a resident cat? Doubt it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 25th 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Lesley kirjoitti:
On Aug 24, 2:12 pm, "MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot
| pipex | dot | com wrote:

Formerly DTI, now DIUS.

I don;t know what either of those stand for

Butting in, sorry...
According to Acronymfinder.com:
DTI - Department of Trade and Industry
DIUS - Department for Innovations, Universities and Skills (UK)

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old August 25th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

I remember Dilo the best business manager in the World ever
(no contest from anyone) used to keep a box of Go-Cat in his office
and once broke off an important meeting because Stamford was
scratching the outside door to his office for her treat! As he told it
there were all these people sitting there discussing major matters and
he suddenly stood up and said "That's Stamford...hold on" and got a
box of Go-cat out of his desk.....they did give him some funny looks!

I love this guy!!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 26th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

hopitus wrote:
This for Bud, who was aghast at the notion of bathrooms with no
windows -
being from south FL, I was the same way upon arriving in MileHigh and
discovering that the only dwellings which usually have windows in the
one upstairs bathroom are the old crappy houses they built at the end
of
the 19th century (18OO's)...all others built a bit later and to date,
have NO
ventilation except exhaust fans. Luckily, where I live now is on top
floor, butl
not an end unit...the end units have exclusive problems with bathroom
water
pipes freezing and busting in middle of winter nights, LOL. In all but
the end
units, water pipes are all centered in interior of buildings, *away*
from the outer
walls. Did you all really think I am kidding when I call this place
Hell Froaen Over?
Most bathrooms on apts. are all on interior walls, not exterior
(window) walls.....
exception to this - people who have renovated their houses and
constructed
elaborate, 'Jack-and-Jill" double-sinked masterpieces of art. If they
put the
windows in, there is *always* a heater in there as well.

Maybe it's a cold-place thing - there are seldom windows in bathrooms
here in Finland.

Old August 26th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Marina kirjoitti:
hopitus wrote:
[...]

There are windows in bathrooms here, almost as often as not... In
apartments the bathrooms seldom line up to the outer wall of the
building, but when they do, there's often a little window there. And in
the row-house I lived in before moving here, there was a window both in
the bathroom and the separate toilet. Here, there's a window in the
sauna, but not in the bathroom, as it isn't on the outer wall like the
sauna is.

Old August 26th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christine K wrote:
There are windows in bathrooms here, almost as often as not... In
apartments the bathrooms seldom line up to the outer wall of the
building, but when they do, there's often a little window there. And in
the row-house I lived in before moving here, there was a window both in
the bathroom and the separate toilet. Here, there's a window in the
sauna, but not in the bathroom, as it isn't on the outer wall like the
sauna is.

Really? I've lived in many different places - both apartments and houses
- and never had a window in the bathroom. Neither does any of my family
and I don't remember seeing windows in friends' bathrooms, either. The
only place we have a window is the outhouse on the island.

Old August 26th 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Most of the houses I lived in over the years have been remodeled and the
windows taken out for a tub/shower surround thing.

Old August 26th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Marina kirjoitti:
Christine K wrote:
There are windows in bathrooms here, almost as often as not... In
apartments the bathrooms seldom line up to the outer wall of the
building, but when they do, there's often a little window there. And
in the row-house I lived in before moving here, there was a window
both in the bathroom and the separate toilet. Here, there's a window
in the sauna, but not in the bathroom, as it isn't on the outer wall
like the sauna is.

Really? I've lived in many different places - both apartments and houses
- and never had a window in the bathroom. Neither does any of my family
and I don't remember seeing windows in friends' bathrooms, either. The
only place we have a window is the outhouse on the island.

There's no window in the outhouse in our cottage in Sweden (Jämtland),
but when one sits there, one usually leaves the door open and admires
the view... hopefully no moose or bear decides to join in...

And I did mentally go through the places I've lived in, and out of seven
there were only windows in two - the previous rowhouse and this sauna
(both built in the 80s I think...).

The Call Marina Cat anecdotes 12 January 2nd 06 03:44 AM
Does your cat come when you call it? John Doe Cat health & behaviour 21 November 16th 05 11:54 AM
National Emergency Animal Registry teckpam Cats - misc 0 October 19th 05 04:27 AM
National Emergency Animal Registry teckpam Cat community 0 October 19th 05 04:27 AM
What do you call?? Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 22 April 4th 04 04:57 AM