Please help us take care a cat for three months.

Old November 30th 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dongyan

Default Please help us take care a cat for three months.

Dear Cat Lovers,

I am a Purdue student. My husband and I are moving into New York by
December, but we can't take care our cat from
December 2009 to February 2010. We are looking for a good person/family to
help ustaking care our cat for this two months.
Our cat is a domestic short hair, he is 2 years old with wonderful
personality, very close to human and never scratch a
single furniture during his life! We will so appreciate if you can help us
and our cat in this difficult period. Many thanks in advance!
Your generous will be compensated. Thank you again!

If you are interested, please contact DongYan(DY) Mu at or via
phone: 812-239-7923.

Dongyan(DY) Mu

Old November 30th 09, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Dongyan" wrote in message
Dear Cat Lovers,

I am a Purdue student. My husband and I are moving into New York by
December, but we can't take care our cat from
December 2009 to February 2010. We are looking for a good person/family to
help ustaking care our cat for this two months.
Our cat is a domestic short hair, he is 2 years old with wonderful
personality, very close to human and never scratch a
single furniture during his life! We will so appreciate if you can help us
and our cat in this difficult period. Many thanks in advance!
Your generous will be compensated. Thank you again!

If you are interested, please contact DongYan(DY) Mu at or
via
phone: 812-239-7923.

Dongyan(DY) Mu

Have you checked with area vets? They often know of reputable people who
will temporarily foster cats.

Jill

Old November 30th 09, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

I hope English is a second language for you! (I know grammar isn't much
taught anymore, but one would think a school of Purdue's reputation
would produce more articulate students!)

Old November 30th 09, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

I hope English is a second language for you! (I know grammar isn't much
taught anymore, but one would think a school of Purdue's reputation would
produce more articulate students!)

That is not necessary, Evelyn.

What are your foreign languages skills like yourself? How many languages
can you speak (except American?)
German? French? Spanish? Italian? English?

Tweed

Old November 30th 09, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

I hope English is a second language for you! (I know grammar isn't much
taught anymore, but one would think a school of Purdue's reputation would
produce more articulate students!)

That was very harsh, Evelyn. Obviously English is a second language, given
the name of the poster. I'd be more concerned about a heretofore unknown
poster to this ng asking for perfect strangers to take care of their cat for
two months. At least she was polite about it.

Jill

Old December 1st 09, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
I hope English is a second language for you! (I know grammar isn't much
taught anymore, but one would think a school of Purdue's reputation would
produce more articulate students!)

That is not necessary, Evelyn.

What are your foreign languages skills like yourself? How many languages
can you speak (except American?)
German? French? Spanish? Italian? English?

Tweed

All of the above, actually, but only English fluently. That's why I made
the disclaimer I did! (I fully understand the difficulties of
developing skill in a second language, but there are far too many
semi-literate Americans who speak only American English, and can
neither spell nor use correct grammar - forgive me if it sometimes
rankles.)

Old December 1st 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message m...

Christina Websell wrote:
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message ...
I hope English is a second language for you! (I know grammar
isn't much taught anymore, but one would think a school of
Purdue's reputation would produce more articulate students!)

That is not necessary, Evelyn.

What are your foreign languages skills like yourself? How many
languages can you speak (except American?)
German? French? Spanish? Italian? English?

Tweed

All of the above, actually, but only English fluently. That's why I
made the disclaimer I did! (I fully understand the difficulties of
developing skill in a second language, but there are far too many
semi-literate Americans who speak only American English, and can
neither spell nor use correct grammar - forgive me if it sometimes
rankles.)

But why? Sure some Americans have problems with spelling and
grammar. I'm willing to bet the problem isn't confined to Americans.
I strongly suspect it happens in all countries and all languages.

Would you suggest that anyone with inadequate language skill be
shunned or banned from public communication?

Surely fluency and skill in any language require practice, and that
practice will be sometime imperfect.

How on earth does that hurt you?

Jo

Old December 3rd 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Jofirey" wrote in message

m...

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It doesn't hurt anyone. There are lots of reasons why people have
difficulty with literacy in all countries. I will name just 3.
1. Living in a deprived community where there is no ethic to try at school,
(cool not to.)
2. Parents from the same background, never worked, so why should we? so no
role model to achieve.
3. Illness as a child. My neighbour had dreadful psoriasis as a child and
spent a lot of time at home covered in ointment and swathed in clingfilm.
She missed a lot of schooling and has never caught up with her reading and
writing.

There are many more.
It's not necessarily a sign of lack of intelligence.

If I wanted to be pedantic I could say that only the British speak English
"as she is spoke"
Americans speak American ;-)

Tweed

Old December 3rd 09, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Surely fluency and skill in any language require practice, and that
practice will be sometime imperfect.

How on earth does that hurt you?

It doesn't hurt anyone. There are lots of reasons why people have
difficulty with literacy in all countries. [snip]

There are many more.
It's not necessarily a sign of lack of intelligence.

If I wanted to be pedantic I could say that only the British speak English
"as she is spoke" Americans speak American ;-)

What do you mean? You say this all the time! It usually sounds like
you're putting down Americans when you say it. Contrary to what you
might say, we actually do speak the English language over here.

Joyce

--
I can still remember you
When you were backlit from inside
Old December 3rd 09, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article ,
"Christina Websell" wrote:

snip

If I wanted to be pedantic I could say that only the British speak English
"as she is spoke"
Americans speak American ;-)

Noah Webster would have been pleased to hear you say so!

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra

Six Months Kreisleriana[_2_] Cat anecdotes 9 April 7th 09 06:46 PM
Six months Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 6 November 4th 08 05:31 AM
3 months of rec Granby Cat community 2 December 24th 07 01:46 PM
Mere five months old Marina Cat anecdotes 10 May 5th 05 03:58 PM
It's been 6 months... KellyH Cat health & behaviour 6 July 12th 04 08:54 AM