Please purr for Rusty

Old January 8th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Please purr for Rusty

Rusty was just diagnosed with pancreatitis. He is down to 5.8 lb. He
was 7 lb back in October. We just came back from the vet where he was
given fluid therapy and a pain
patch. He is now on the prescription food Gastro. We have to go back
to the vet on
Monday for more fluid therapy. He is constantly asking for food, but
is getting very skinny.

Rusty is 15 years old and had many health problems in the past. I
don't know whether
we can overcome this last hurdle. I am preparing for the worst. I
don't want him to suffer.

Purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Winnie
Old January 8th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe[_2_]

On Jan 8, 6:20*pm, Winnie wrote:
Rusty was just diagnosed with pancreatitis. He is down to 5.8 lb. He
was 7 lb back in October. We just came back from the vet where he was
given fluid therapy and a pain
patch. He is now on the prescription food Gastro. We have to go back
to the vet on
Monday for more fluid therapy. He is constantly asking for food, but
is getting very skinny.

Rusty is 15 years old and had many health problems in the past. I
don't know whether
Want him to suffer.

Purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Winnie

Lots of purrs on the way for Rusty, Winnie. Is he diabetic? Hobbes
had pancreatitis which caused him to lose weight but was a side-effect
of diabetes. Once we got his insulin under control he did much
better.

Purrs and gentle headbutts from,
Julie, Lacey, Sam, Barnabus, Meeka, Rosco and Spagola
Old January 9th 10, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jan 8, 6:53*pm, Julie_Snowshoe wrote:
On Jan 8, 6:20*pm, Winnie wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the Purrs Julie.
No Rusty is not diabetic. At first I suspected there is problem with
his thyroid, but
his thyroid is normal. He has IBD. But the vomitting has been a lot
better since
switching to an hypoallergenic diet. Now the vet wants to switch back
to a Gastro diet,
which he was on previously. He is also anemic.

Winnie

Old January 9th 10, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Winnie wrote:

Rusty was just diagnosed with pancreatitis. He is down to 5.8 lb. He
was 7 lb back in October. We just came back from the vet where he was
given fluid therapy and a pain
patch. He is now on the prescription food Gastro. We have to go back
to the vet on
Monday for more fluid therapy. He is constantly asking for food, but
is getting very skinny.

Rusty is 15 years old and had many health problems in the past. I
don't know whether
we can overcome this last hurdle. I am preparing for the worst. I
don't want him to suffer.

Purrs would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry, Winnie, that's a terrible thing to happen to him at this
time. Did the vet give him steroids? I have a friend whose dog had
pancreatitis several months ago, and he was so sick we were all
thinking that he was going to have to be euthanized. Then the vet
gave him steroids, and he bounced back in a matter of days. So I know
it's scary, but it's not hopeless. I will have my guys purr hard for
Rusty, poor kitty!

Joyce

Old January 9th 10, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Winnie wrote:
Rusty was just diagnosed with pancreatitis. He is down to 5.8 lb. He
was 7 lb back in October. We just came back from the vet where he was
given fluid therapy and a pain
patch. He is now on the prescription food Gastro. We have to go back
to the vet on
Monday for more fluid therapy. He is constantly asking for food, but
is getting very skinny.

Rusty is 15 years old and had many health problems in the past. I
don't know whether
we can overcome this last hurdle. I am preparing for the worst. I
don't want him to suffer.

Purrs would be greatly appreciated.

We're giving best wishes for Rusty.
Old January 9th 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way - for Rusty, and for you.

--
Joy

"Listen for differences. Seek them out. Don't surround yourself only with
those who see the world as you do." - Grant Cornwell

Old January 9th 10, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

Winnie wrote:

He has IBD. But the vomitting has been a lot
better since
switching to an hypoallergenic diet.

Pancreatitis so often goes with IBD and cholangiohepatitis that whenever
one is detected the other two are almost presumptive. They call the
three conditions together "triaditis".

How are Rusty's liver numbers? Is he taking a liver supplement?

Will has had irregular bouts of pancreatitis for a few years. IBD has
not been confirmed, but I'm sure he has it. He's done very well for
almost a year on a hypoallergenic diet. What is the Gastro formula and
what does your vet think it will do that the hypoallergenic diet didn't?
--

Wayne M.
Old January 9th 10, 10:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baird Stafford

In article
,
Winnie wrote:

Rusty was just diagnosed with pancreatitis. He is down to 5.8 lb. He
was 7 lb back in October. We just came back from the vet where he was
given fluid therapy and a pain
patch. He is now on the prescription food Gastro. We have to go back
to the vet on
Monday for more fluid therapy. He is constantly asking for food, but
is getting very skinny.

Rusty is 15 years old and had many health problems in the past. I
don't know whether
we can overcome this last hurdle. I am preparing for the worst. I
don't want him to suffer.

Purrs would be greatly appreciated.

On the way.

Baird

--
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice
there is. -Yogi Berra
Old January 9th 10, 11:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Winnie wrote:
Rusty was just diagnosed with pancreatitis. He is down to 5.8 lb. He
was 7 lb back in October. We just came back from the vet where he was
given fluid therapy and a pain
patch. He is now on the prescription food Gastro. We have to go back
to the vet on
Monday for more fluid therapy. He is constantly asking for food, but
is getting very skinny.

Rusty is 15 years old and had many health problems in the past. I
don't know whether
we can overcome this last hurdle. I am preparing for the worst. I
don't want him to suffer.

Purrs would be greatly appreciated.

Winnie

Lots of purrs on the way for Rusty.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart

another Rusty picture Winnie Cat anecdotes 8 July 6th 09 07:48 AM
Rusty is in hiding again! W. Leong Cat anecdotes 1 June 27th 05 03:29 PM
Bye Rusty... SimonBarSinister99 Cat health & behaviour 106 September 9th 04 05:30 AM
Bye Rusty... Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 September 4th 04 12:43 PM
Bye Rusty... pistor Cat health & behaviour 2 September 3rd 04 02:38 PM