I saw the skinny long-haired kitty again!

Old October 17th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default I saw the skinny long-haired kitty again!

He/she was hunkered under the car next to where I park mine. I called to
the kitty and it came out and let me pet it again briefly. It's still skin
and bones. But alas, it's too late at night for trapping since the shelter
is closed and I don't dare bring it inside even to lock in a bathroom
because of Persia. Poor thing, it's pouring down rain and the cat was
drenched. Thankfully it's *not* cold outside.

BUT, the apartment complex yard guys were out today and the cheap plastic
bowl I'd used to set out food for the poor kitty was GONE! What right do
they have to take something I've set out in front of my apartment? It was
still there yesterday so I'm making the assumption because it's the only
logical one to make. I don't have another bowl I can use even if I had a
sheltered spot to put it out of the rain. (sigh)

Maybe I'll see the darling cat tomorrow when the shelter is open and I can
get him/her into a carrier and take him to the shelter. More purrs, please!
This cat could make someone a really happy person, I just feel it.

Jill

Old October 17th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Put out some food (WAS: I saw the skinny long-haired kitty again!)

jmcquown wrote:
He/she was hunkered under the car next to where I park mine. I
called to the kitty and it came out and let me pet it again briefly.
It's still skin and bones. But alas, it's too late at night for
trapping since the shelter is closed and I don't dare bring it inside
even to lock in a bathroom because of Persia. Poor thing, it's
pouring down rain and the cat was drenched. Thankfully it's *not*
cold outside.

BUT, the apartment complex yard guys were out today and the cheap
plastic bowl I'd used to set out food for the poor kitty was GONE!
What right do they have to take something I've set out in front of my
apartment?

I felt so bad about the skinny, sweet cat! I ran to the store and got some
stinky, smelly FISH catfood (the big cans, 2 for a dollar). I asked the
checker, do you have any small plastic containers? I explained to her what
I was doing. She gave me a couple of styrofoam containers like they use for
sandwiches, free. I went to the adjoining area next to their parking lot
and gathered up some stones to weight down the lid of the container.

I weighted down the lid half. Then I put half a can of the stinky generic
fish cat food in the bowl part and called for the cat, then came inside.
The container is sort of sheltered next to my front door. I moved my
decorative items well away, so the cat and the makeshift "bowl" would have
room to eat out of the rain.

Now I just sit and wait and hope I can spot her tomorrow in daylight (and
hopefully not in the rain) so I can coax her to come with me (I have a cat
trap, long story from years ago). I want to find her some medical
attention, regular food and then a forever home. Wish me luck!

She seems to be staying in this area since I've seen her right here twice in
less than a week. It's an area where she is apparently comfortable and was
shown some kindness, at least by me, even if she was still skinny as can be.
And if those idiot yard-guys took away her bowl of food, however wet the
kibble was, it was none of their business! They are contractors, not direct
employees of the complex. They took my bowl! (still can't get over that!)

Jill

Old October 17th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs for the cat, and for you.

Joy

Old October 17th 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

jmcquown wrote:

Now I just sit and wait and hope I can spot her tomorrow in daylight (and
hopefully not in the rain) so I can coax her to come with me (I have a cat
trap, long story from years ago). I want to find her some medical
attention, regular food and then a forever home. Wish me luck!

Purrs that the cat finds the food and that you can trap her in the
morning. Poor little cat!

Old October 17th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"jmcquown" wrote:

[...]

I'm so glad that she's back! I was worried that she had moved on to a
different neighborhood.

What'll probably happen next is that you'll trap the kitty, take it to
a shelter, but tell them that you'll adopt it if nobody does in a
month. Then, knowing that it has a ready home anyway, they won't feel
compelled to adopt it out, and it will remain unclaimed for the whole
month. You'll reluctantly pick up the cat, and it'll have lots of
spats with Persia for several weeks. Then, either they'll call a
truce, or Pat will declare that she wants the cat, and will come pick
it up.

Old October 17th 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Takayuki wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:

[...]

LOLOL I can't possibly adopt the cat. But I can hope they find her a good,
loving home.

Jill

Old October 17th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:22:47 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Did you talk to them? It would drive me crazy, too. So small and
petty, and yes, none of their business.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old October 17th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jmcquown wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Continuing purrs for the skinny cat.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old October 17th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

jmcquown wrote:
He/she was hunkered under the car next to where I park mine. I
called to the kitty and it came out and let me pet it again briefly.
It's still skin and bones. But alas, it's too late at night for
trapping since the shelter is closed and I don't dare bring it
BUT, the apartment complex yard guys were out today and the cheap
plastic bowl I'd used to set out food for the poor kitty was GONE!
What right do they have to take something I've set out in front of
my apartment?

her bowl of food, however wet the kibble was, it was none of their
business! They are contractors, not direct employees of the
complex. They took my bowl! (still can't get over that!)

Jill

Did you talk to them? It would drive me crazy, too. So small and
petty, and yes, none of their business.

Theresa

As I mentioned, they are contractors. They only come around once every week
or so, depending upon weather conditions. I do recall when I went to the
mailbox yesterday afternoon (in the pouring rain) a guy was out there
picking up fallen branches. I didn't go out the front door since the
mailbox is out back by the street. So I didn't notice the bowl missing from
the front door until rather late in the evening.

Long story short, no I didn't say anything to anyone because there wasn't
anyone to say anything *to* at that point. And I'm pretty sure the
apartment manager wouldn't be thrilled to find out I'm feeding a stray cat.
She's a good person, don't get me wrong. But I don't think she would
encourage this.

Jill

Old October 17th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

We are sending lots and lots of purrs and best wishes for you to be able
to take the cat to the shelter and for her/him to find a great onetruehome,
Polonca and Soncek