How to find a good home

Old July 5th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Daniel Mahoney

Default How to find a good home

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 03:38:41 +0200, mylittleguy wrote:

Going out of the Country and my cat is too scared to travel and the
travel requirements are excessive. May not return.

Do you have any animal rescue groups or animal shelters in your area?
If so, contact them and ask for referrals. Requiring a home visit of a
prospective adopter is a VERY GOOD IDEA, and anyone who strenuously
objects to such a visit is unlikely to be a good choice.

Where do you live? And when are you plannning to travel?

Dan
Old July 6th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
mylittleguy

Going out of the Country and my cat is too scared to travel and the
travel requirements are excessive. May not return.

After ads in 3 papers and posters everywhere, all I could find for a
good home were people who just wanted to drive by and pick him up, no
questions asked. I require a home visit. I want to know what type of
environment this little special guy will have.

Does anyone have any ideas for finding a good home for a cat. He is
male, fixed, litter trained and a honey. But I am not going to give him
to just anyone, no questions asked. My only other option is a cat
orphanage which is SUPPOSEDLY no kill. I visited there and the cats are
safe, but get absolutely no attention and are very lonely, it is quite
obvious.

I think I may have posted this before and some said, call vets.
Knowing some of the vets here I question if this is a good idea, their
primary priority seems to be making money with animal welfare a distant
second.
Old July 7th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf

On 6 Jul 2007 03:38:41 +0200, mylittleguy
wrote:

[...]

Is there a Craig's list for a city near you?

www.craigslist.org

Free listing, and LOTS of people read it. Put an ad, with a picture, if
possible. a picture REALLY helps!!!!

Unfortunately, newspapers are dying out.

Maybe contact Flippy in Australia can help you: she has a HUGE website,
and many, many people get a daily E-mail, with a story about cats, from
her, so she has a pretty big mailing list.

I've gotten E-mails from her in the past, looking for homes for cats and
kittens.

Send her a picture, if you can. If not, a really complete description:
appearance, age, temperament, indoor/outoor, likes and dislikes, general
behavior, including food, immunizations, lap kitty or not etc., etc.

It's hard to rehome an adult cat, unfortunately.

Tell her Gandalf from RPCA gave you her E-mail address. (put it in the
subject line, at the beginning; she knows me :-)

http://www.flippyscatpage.com

She gets a LOT of E-mail; if she doesn't respond, E-mail me, and put
'cat needs home, RPCC' in the subject line, at the beginning.

My E-mail address is valid. Include the whole description, and I'll
forward it to her, using my 'real' E-mail address. I'm about due to send
her a donation to help keep her website up, anyways. She's good people.

Post on other cat newsgroups, and list the area (city) you're in, or
nearest to.

And post a better description: you want to get people's sympathy!

rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
rec.pets.cats.community
rec.pets.cats.health+behavior
rec.pets.cats.misc
rec.pets.cats.rescue
alt.cats

are the ones I have on my newsreader; there may be others I don't know
about.

You could try posting a picture on

alt.binaries.pictures.animals

And ask for help there.

Ask for help everywhere!!!!!

There are a lot of cat lovers in the world, you just need to find one
who will adopt your special kitty!

Good luck!!