Thing in a Bag

Old January 10th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Thing in a Bag

wrote in message

Isn't that always the way? I keep thinking about buying a nice cat
bed, but I almost guarantee if I do, they'll ignore it for the plain
cardboard boxes we have out.

Ginger-lyn

I have a lovely wicker basket that I bought to put something in. Huey, Pine
Cone, and Sonya like it very much. Meanwhile, The pens and pencils that I
bought it for (I remembered) sit in plastic boxes, a lot of plastic boxes.
I thought about buying another wicker basket to put my pens and pencils in,
but I have cats that don't sleep in the wicker basket the three have taken
over, and they would probably like a new one to take over. PC LOVES boxes,
bags, and wicker baskets of all kinds. He takes them over as fast as he
can.

Pam S. who also loves wicker boxes and baskets

Old January 10th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message

Isn't that always the way? I keep thinking about buying a nice cat
bed, but I almost guarantee if I do, they'll ignore it for the plain
cardboard boxes we have out.

Ginger-lyn

I have a lovely wicker basket that I bought to put something in. Huey,
Pine Cone, and Sonya like it very much. Meanwhile, The pens and pencils
that I bought it for (I remembered) sit in plastic boxes, a lot of plastic
boxes. I thought about buying another wicker basket to put my pens and
pencils in, but I have cats that don't sleep in the wicker basket the
three have taken over, and they would probably like a new one to take
over. PC LOVES boxes, bags, and wicker baskets of all kinds. He takes
them over as fast as he can.

Pam S. who also loves wicker boxes and baskets

I have one of those small wire mesh "organizers" that I was going to use for
bills. Well, that idea disappeared because Holly loves to play with it. I
still put it on the desk each day, but at least once a day she pushes it
around and tosses it on the floor -- so, it remains empty and is one of her
toys instead of organizing my bills. She will stop every few minutes and
look at me, almost as if she's checking to see my reaction.

MaryL

Old January 10th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:57:15 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

I have a theory that most cat accoutrements are designed to appeal to cat
slaves, not to our masters themselves. I always see the cutest things in
PetsMart that I just *know* my masters will love - then get it home, after
spending a fortune on it, to have it totally ignored!

Yep, I support that theory. I learned early on that my crew the only
expensive things they seem to like is food - the more it costs the
more they want it (as long as they don't find out it's supposed to be
GOOD for them). Their favorite mousey is one that came free sith
something else I bought. Sammy and Spotty like the balls with bells
inside - but both will stop playing with one if I open a bottle of
soda to come beg for the cap. The only store bought thing all three
like is the el-cheapo cat tree from WalMart.

oops - gotta go, Sammy just dropped a bottle cap next to my chair so
it's time to play fetch.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 11th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:45:50 -0600, "jmcquown"

Got it yesterday, and as predicted (wish I'd asked here first) - he's
not in the least bit interested in it, what a waste of money.
Yesterday when I got it he'd jump every time it moved, but today he
completely ignored it, even though it was moving around the
floorboards. I bought him about 6 new toys and the only one he's
played with so far is the ball with the bell in it, which is a bit
annoying as all his old toys were balls, maybe it's because he's
missing 2 of his own that he gets so attached to them!

Marcia

Persia didn't like 'Thing in a Bag', either. But I have to take heart, she
pretty much ignores most toys until such time as I think I should throw them
away. Then suddenly she develops an interest. She got some glitter balls a
year or so ago; they are soft and very shiny. She ignored them in favour of
the crinkly mylar balls. You know, the ones that make that crackly sound!
Just a month ago she decided the soft glitter balls are *all that* I
catch her playing with them when she thinks I'm not looking.

I don't know about you folks but I can't take two steps in any direction
without running into little cat toys. Little mice, little balls, little
what-the-heck-is that thing? Of course she has her kitty sock (Victor knows
the one); it's spotted and you fill it with dried catnip. She bunny kicks
it into submission and then licks it to death, finally falling asleep using
it as a pillow.

When the time comes for me to move out I will be quite surprised at all the
unseen cat toys that come out from under or behind whatever

We got a new tv and John moved the entertainment unit away from the
wall to fit it in - and lo and behold, behind the unit were ALL the
missing cat toys from the last year! Even the grey furry mousey that
they loved so much and that disappeared inside a week never to be seen
again...

When it comes to places to sleep they have cheap tastes... we bought
them a furry basket and Silver peed on it (gee, thanks Silver!) so we
had to toss it out... we got them a cat teepee and they only used it
for a few weeks and then never again... they took over a cane basket
that we were given as a wedding present, but after I washed the liner
a few times they lost interest in that too. But they never lose
interest in cardboard boxes! Right now their favourite box is sitting
on my craft desk - it's a mailing box my mother sent me, and it's full
of paper scraps that I was meant to make cards with, which seems to
make a cosy nest for them! (oh darn it, I just realised that while
they're taking it in turns to sleep on the paper, they're putting cat
dander all over it!)

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old January 14th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yep, I support that theory. I learned early on that my crew the only
expensive things they seem to like is food - the more it costs the
more they want it (as long as they don't find out it's supposed to be
GOOD for them). Their favorite mousey is one that came free sith
something else I bought. Sammy and Spotty like the balls with bells
inside - but both will stop playing with one if I open a bottle of
soda to come beg for the cap. The only store bought thing all three
like is the el-cheapo cat tree from WalMart.

oops - gotta go, Sammy just dropped a bottle cap next to my chair so
it's time to play fetch.
--
Steve Touchstone,
Spicey loves to play cap-hockey. She loves boxes, there's several
scattered around my apartment. Her favorite changes every few days. Gift
bags and tissues are also popular. I to have a Walmart cat-tree. Joanne
says Spicey has more stuff than I do.
Suz&Spicey