Abducted strays?

Old October 12th 03, 02:54 AM
Cat Protector

By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down,
beat the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be
no-kill only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip
here because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
wrote in message
t...

Next time I want advice, I will find people with a few more smarts and
socialization skills then I see here -- because, well you know -- I don't

know
how be tactful about this, but everyone who is aware of the situation in

the
neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on

here
then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might

not
be as noble as you people are assuming. (I just didn't go into that part

in
the initial post).

Old October 12th 03, 01:32 PM

In , on 10/11/03
at 08:31 PM, said:

I didn't just leave them outside. I
wasn't waiting to decide -- the kitten
was not completely socialized.

It was socialized enough that somebody else was able to get the kitten, so it
is clear you could have brought both cats inside.

They were in inside when *they* wanted to be. They were free to come in and
go out as needed if it was cold. They also had an dry place out side that they
wanted to be in, most of the time.

It also is not a big deal to wait until a cat is hungry and trick they out
with a can of food -- as these people did. So don't try to tell me they were
socialized for adoption. They weren't.

Furthermore, the people who took them
don't as far as anyone knows have a good
home, nor the means to take the cats to
a vet. -- So don't jump to conclusions.

Then don't expect us to be mindreaders. You didn't say that in your original
post and I don't think you really know anything about who took them or you
would have put it in your original post. This sounds more to me like you are
angry because you were slow to act and now have no control over the
situation.

I don't expect you to be mind readers. I do expect you not to be the pompous
jackasses that some of you people are. -- One point of anger is that someone
stole cats that I was caring for. They waited until they knew I would not be
there instead of asking what the plan was.

And there is still the issue of someone
missing a mother cat who came around
quite quickly to have been alone for
long -- which is point.

Anyone that would allow a cat to remain unspayed, roam and get pregnant in
this day and age does not deserve to have the cat.

Here you go again being a pompous jackass. -- The first time I saw the momcat
she was so weak she fell down trying to hiss at me.

When trying to "help" someone who comes
here -- don't make assumptions!

When asking for help don't be so rude.

Then stop being a know-it-all. People who don't know much, usually do that to
compensate for not being as smart as they want to be.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid
plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves
too. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's
favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance,
which no man could have dreamt would have come his way."

- W.H. Murray

Old October 12th 03, 01:36 PM

In bt2ib.26537$La.6863@fed1read02, on 10/11/03
at 06:52 PM, "Cat Protector" said:

I think you are just ****ed because someone came in and decided the cats
needed and deserved a good and loving home. It seems you have a problem with
control and doing what is in the best interest of the cats. Why not just be
happy and hope the person who took the cats has given them a better life. You
also might want to consider the fact the person who took them is involved
with animal rescue and discovered the cats when you weren't around or they
also were picked up by someone who though they were strays (which they were
by your description of the situation) and brought them to a shelter. Get over
your control issue and let it go.

Well I think your an idiot making one assumption after another. -- They had a
fairly warm place at night, a dry atrium during the day, food and someone who
was working with them so they became accustomed to human touch.

This was not animal rescue at work. I was in contact with them and working
with them. This was someone who knew they were pretty cats and decided to
take them rather then ask about keeping them.

Old October 12th 03, 01:37 PM

In Jv2ib.26539$La.9836@fed1read02, on 10/11/03
at 06:54 PM, "Cat Protector" said:

By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down, beat
the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be no-kill
only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip here
because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.

You're a complete idiot. Isn't there some where else you should be?

Old October 12th 03, 02:03 PM

In Vx2ib.26540$La.5150@fed1read02, on 10/11/03
at 06:57 PM, "Cat Protector" said:

How long did you plan on leaving them there 1 day, 1 month, 1 year? Maybe you
should stop with the bruised ego and hope for the best. You might also
consider that maybe it was the cat's original human who found them and took
them home.

It wasn't the original owner. That's who I wanted to find. It was someone
who decided she liked the look of orange tabby an kitten. People who didn't
ask for them, and who have themselves and two other cats in a cold bedroom
sized place in a cold Newengland winter, a rusted out car that can't pass
inspection (e.g., not money there for proper care), and who may not keep them
together -- probably pointed to the cats by a sister who somehow decided that
she -- who hadn't done one thing for them,. and who was probably annoyed that
they ran from her, but came to me when I showed up and followed me around --
had the right to take them. -- When in fact she ought to be working on the
four kittens she has to get rid of.

Now, start asking for facts instead of assuming. -- We had a momcat who once
she was strong enough and not dehydrated and falling down, as she was the
first time I saw her -- who was seen on at least three occasions a few blocks
away and going further away. She never wandered anywhere else and there was a
network of neighbors and kids who were watching them and for them. I had cats
all my life, and I think the momcat was looking for someplace she once was --
because she had become strong enough to move around, and she was sure the
kitten was protected. And she did take care of her kitten more then most
momcats do.

Old October 12th 03, 05:33 PM
frlpwr

Cat Protector wrote:

By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down,
beat the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be
no-kill only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip
here because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.

Anyone that snatches cats, won't say exactly where they are and refuses
to allow an interested party to see the cats is behaving _very_
suspiciously. I'm beginning to think the cats are dead.

Why are you criticizing the OP for caring about the welfare of these two
cats?

Old October 12th 03, 05:33 PM
frlpwr

Cat Protector wrote:

I think you are just ****ed because someone came in and decided the cats
needed and deserved a good and loving home.

The woman will not allow this guy to see the cats. If they were, in
fact, in a "good and loving home", why would she stonewall his request
for information? My guess is the cats are dead and you're insane.

It seems you have a problem with
control and doing what is in the best interest of the cats. Why not just be
happy and hope

I hope you don't do a lot of feral adoptions because "be happy and hope"
doesn't cut it.

(snip)

Old October 12th 03, 06:10 PM
Ted Davis

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:38:48 GMT, wrote:

Next time I want advice, I will find people with a few more smarts and
socialization skills then I see here -- because, well you know -- I don't know
how be tactful about this, but everyone who is aware of the situation in the
neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on here
then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might not
be as noble as you people are assuming. (I just didn't go into that part in
the initial post).

Try some other group - all you'll find here are cat people, especially
people who have rescued many cats already and continue to rescue them,
mostly successfully.

"but everyone who is aware of the situation in the
neighborhood thinks something is wrong, -- as in there is more going on here
then is apparent. e.g., the motivations of the persons who took them might not
be as noble as you people are assuming"

We know nothing about that person's motives, and so can make no
assumptions other than that the cat and kitten may have found a home
with someone who wants them, but there is definitely something wrong
in what we do know, and that's about you. I can easily understand why
the neighbor is unwilling to give you the sister's address - in a
situation such as you have described, I would want to get the cat and
kitten out of it as quickly as possible and not to let you find out
where they went. While there might be something nefarious going on,
it seems more likely that the neighbor is acting in the interests of
the cats and being cautious toward you to protect the sister and the
cats from you.

T.E.D. - e-mail must contain "T.E.D." or my .sig in the body)
Old October 12th 03, 07:28 PM
frlpwr

Ted Davis wrote:

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:33:15 GMT, frlpwr wrote:

Cat Protector wrote:

By this post I have to wonder if you are going to track the person down,
beat the crap out of them and then take the cats to a shelter that may be
no-kill only to have them put down. I think you really need to get a grip
here because you obviously have an issue with anger and control.

Anyone that snatches cats, won't say exactly where they are and refuses
to allow an interested party to see the cats is behaving _very_
suspiciously. I'm beginning to think the cats are dead.

Or, thinks that the cats and/or the person who actually has them are
at risk from the person to whom he/she is refusing to give
information.

Huh?

If the OP is as hostile in person as here, I would
refuse to give out any information at all, not even the time of day.

He's more calm than I would be in the same situation.

Why are you criticizing the OP for caring about the welfare of these two
cats?

There is more evidence that the OP is a control freak than that he has
any real feelings for the cats.

I don't see it.

Note that most of the people
objecting to the OP mostly have years of experience rescuing cats ...
and dealing with people on the fringes of the rescue efforts.

I've been involved in feral cat rescue for over 17 years. This includes
daily management of 100+ cats in outdoor colonies in San Francisco and
San Mateo counties, trapping and altering more cats over the years than
I can count, socializing and rehoming feral kittens, rehabilitating and
rehoming strays, nursing sick kittens rejected by local shelters.
Today, I'll be shlepping 8 socialized, former feral kittens to an
adoption fair and I would not dream of letting a kitten go to any person
who refused to tell me where (s)he lived or would refuse a request to
visit the cat.

It sounds like the orange tabby's outdoor life (provided she is spayed),
as described, is preferrable to an indoor life crowded into a small
trailer with two humans and four cats.

I'm not the type of feral cat rescuer who believes all feral cats have
"short, miserable lives filled with suffering and pain". I don't
believe it because it's not true.

Oh, my user name of "frlpwr" stands for Feralpower!