Beanbag bed

Old January 12th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Beanbag bed

Christina Websell wrote:

Took some pics of her on the bb last night, but they are too dark. My
kitchen is dark anyway even in the day.

Tweed

If you have a photo editor program, for example a very good freeware one
called IrfanView (read more about it at http://www.irfanview.com/), you
can use its gamma-correction filter to shed more light into the
darkness. I touch up dark pics with IrfanView all the time. Open your
pic. Click Image, Enhance colors, Gamma correction - slide the "blip" to
the right until your pic looks OK. It's really a great little program,
especially as it's free.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old January 14th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:28:53 -0000, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

I just heard a sort of crunching noise from the next room. It was Kitty
FC
slightly moving her position on the beanbag bed next to the fire.

She *does* love it, I knew she would eventually. Beanbag beds are ideal
for old pets, they are warm and provide support whatever position the pet
adopts to rest or sleep and raise them off the floor out of any possible
draughts (drafts.)
She is not about to admit it though. She gets off it if she notices me
come
into the kitchen and complains that she wants her old sheepskin back and
that no kitty in their right mind could possibly sleep on a BEANBAG!!.
Unfortunately for her cred, she is now often so sound asleep on her
beanbag
when I go into the kitchen that this doesn't wash ;-)

Hey, I'd like a beanbag. I'm going to look for one for myself.

Actually, you can get them in hoomin size!

Could you put a sheepskin on the beanbag?

I keep trying this. Another attempt tonight. I really can't understand why
her sheepskin is not *right* on top of the beanbag. Well, it just ain't,
somehow. Kitty is lying on the hearthrug eyeing up this totally
unacceptable combination and assuring me it's illegal and claiming she's in
a draft.

Tweed

Old January 14th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

Hey, I'd like a beanbag. I'm going to look for one for myself.

Actually, you can get them in hoomin size!

Weren't beanbag chairs all the rage a few decades ago? Except they
were always in these horrible vinyl coverings that were slippery and
cold. Plus, you simply *can't* get out of them, even if you're young,
lightweight, and in good shape.

Could you put a sheepskin on the beanbag?

I keep trying this. Another attempt tonight. I really can't understand why
her sheepskin is not *right* on top of the beanbag. Well, it just ain't,
somehow.

Maybe the mechanism, where the beanbag reflects her warmth back to her,
doesn't work as well with a sheepskin in between? Could be she's just
more comfy with just the beanbag. Why not let Boyfie have the sheepskin,
since KFC likes the beanbag? Weren't they squabbling over the sheepskin
at one point?

Joyce
Old January 14th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

No, I don't expect them to share, they have their own beds.
Boyfie has his own wicker bed with a fleecy blankie in, under the kitchen
table. However.. guess what I just noticed when I went into the kitchen?
Boyfie is sprawling very comfortably on the sheepskin which is on top of the
beanbag and Kitty is on a kitchen stool scowling. OMG. There could be
trouble ahead. (sorry, earworm..!)

Tweed

Old January 14th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

No, I don't expect them to share, they have their own beds.

I didn't mean share. I meant that you would keep the beanbag and
the sheepskin separate. KFC would have the beanbag and Boyfie would
have the sheepskin.

However.. guess what I just noticed when I went into the kitchen?
Boyfie is sprawling very comfortably on the sheepskin which is on
top of the beanbag and Kitty is on a kitchen stool scowling.

Uh oh...

I say, put the sheepskin on the floor and maybe Boyfie will follow.
Then KFC can have her beanbag back.

There could be trouble ahead. (sorry, earworm..!)

Fortunately, I don't know the song you're referring to!

Joyce
Old January 15th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

I keep trying this. Another attempt tonight. I really can't understand why
her sheepskin is not *right* on top of the beanbag. Well, it just ain't,
somehow. Kitty is lying on the hearthrug eyeing up this totally
unacceptable combination and assuring me it's illegal and claiming she's in
a draft.

LOL! Poor KFC.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 15th 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Until I saw the word 'earworm' I didn't think of it, now I've got one. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.