Emergency Purrs, Please

Old January 14th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Emergency Purrs, Please

wrote:
Cheryl Sellner wrote:
On Fri 13 Jan 2006 06:23:54p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
roups.com):

I don't know. I lost track of her, I don't know where she ended
up spending the night. DH said her house and barns are burned
to the ground, as is four other houses on that mile. DH's
parents lost their barns and chicken house. I think they are
pretty upset about that, they were pretty attached to their
laying hens. They had names and everything. They weren't locked
up but I guess didn't have the sense to get out, and the
firefighters wouldn't let FIL go down there. One of their barn
cats is missing but the rest are accounted for. This was a shy
one. I still think she is probably scared and hiding somewhere
and will be found. I hope so anyway.

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear this. I was especially sad and mad to
read Steve's comment about seeing people still throwing cigg butts
out the car windows. I never know what to say about someones loss.
Words are not enough. Purrs and prayers.

--
Cheryl

Little Boots, the missing cat, turned up this afternoon. It's not just
the careless smokers. They have caught people welding too.
Mindboggling.

Sherry

I'm glad, Little Boots turned up. I wish they could lock up the idiots and
throw away the key, the problem with that is , they'd soon run out of space.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 14th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Nan wrote:

Emergency purrs are on the way for all those in the path of the fires.
Sherry, how close are you to Tulsa? I have an aunt and a cousins in
Tulsa.
Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

Hi Nan-We are a long way from Tulsa. Not sure how many miles, but it
takes over two hours to get there from here. We are in the south
central part of the state. I don't think they have had as much of a
problem as other parts of the state. The climate there doesn't seem to
be as harsh as it is here. I've always thought the lay of the land
there was much prettier than it is here.
If you ever visit though, give me a call!

Sherry

Old January 14th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

Cheryl Sellner wrote:
[...]

We've been having the same problems here in Texas. The last big brush fire
was started from sparks when someone was mowing a lawn and hit a bit of rock
or metal.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped