Cat Beats Up Pit Bull?

Old January 13th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cat Beats Up Pit Bull?

Arrgh! This is the headline for the teaser on the news page.
Unfortunately, it isn't text, it is a film cliip and this $#@@ dial-up
is too slow, it won't play. I googled news, but nothing came up.
Has anybody heard about this one?
Lori, did you check to see if Bandit was in her bed last night? LOL.

Sherry

Old January 13th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...
Arrgh! This is the headline for the teaser on the news page.
Unfortunately, it isn't text, it is a film cliip and this $#@@ dial-up
is too slow, it won't play. I googled news, but nothing came up.
Has anybody heard about this one?
Lori, did you check to see if Bandit was in her bed last night? LOL.

Sherry

I couldn't find it when I googled. I have broadband and can play the film
clip - can you post the URL?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 13th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Has anybody heard about this one?

I heard that story on the news the other night.
It was about a lady who is trying to get a cat leash law passed.

A cat got into her backyard and scratched her pit bull, so she thinks
cats are too dangerous to roam free. For the protection of the public,
she thinks cats should have the same restraints as dogs.

I guess keeping cats tied up will prevent those unfortunate incidents
we hear about so often of a kid being killed or having his face eaten
off by a neighbors cat.
Old January 13th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Fat Freddy wrote:
Has anybody heard about this one?

I heard that story on the news the other night.
It was about a lady who is trying to get a cat leash law passed.

A cat got into her backyard and scratched her pit bull, so she thinks
cats are too dangerous to roam free. For the protection of the public,
she thinks cats should have the same restraints as dogs.

I guess keeping cats tied up will prevent those unfortunate incidents
we hear about so often of a kid being killed or having his face eaten
off by a neighbors cat.

Hehehe. Nikki once scratched a pitbull's nose. He was on a leash,
though, and he didn't get mad at Nikki, he got scared and backed away
from her. Hehehe.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 13th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

Fat Freddy wrote:

Has anybody heard about this one?

I heard that story on the news the other night. It was about a lady
who is trying to get a cat leash law passed.

A cat got into her backyard and scratched her pit bull, so she thinks
cats are too dangerous to roam free. For the protection of the public,
she thinks cats should have the same restraints as dogs.

I guess keeping cats tied up will prevent those unfortunate incidents
we hear about so often of a kid being killed or having his face eaten
off by a neighbors cat.

Hehehe. Nikki once scratched a pitbull's nose. He was on a leash,
though, and he didn't get mad at Nikki, he got scared and backed away
from her. Hehehe.

Actually, a really ferocious cat CAN do a lot of damage to a
much larger animal. Fortunately, most domestic cats are
more likely to run - even from dogs much smaller than they
are. However, if it were between one of the smaller WILD
cats the same size as large domestic ones (cervals, etc.),
I'd bet on the cat (they have more formidable weapons).

Old January 13th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Fat Freddy wrote:

I guess keeping cats tied up will prevent those unfortunate incidents
we hear about so often of a kid being killed or having his face eaten
off by a neighbors cat.

snort

Well, keeping my cat tied up didn't keep *her* safe from pit bulls!!

Joyce
Old January 13th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:58:20 -0800, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Marina wrote:

Hehehe. Nikki once scratched a pitbull's nose. He was on a leash,
though, and he didn't get mad at Nikki, he got scared and backed away
from her. Hehehe.

Actually, a really ferocious cat CAN do a lot of damage to a
much larger animal. Fortunately, most domestic cats are
more likely to run - even from dogs much smaller than they
are. However, if it were between one of the smaller WILD
cats the same size as large domestic ones (cervals, etc.),
I'd bet on the cat (they have more formidable weapons).

Back in the 70's, after I left home to join the Army, my family got
Tarheels ( theres a couple fuzzy pix in my Yahoo pet folder
http://tinyurl.com/8gca5 ). Tarheels had one litter before she was
spayed, and became very protective of HER turf. She was known for
terrorizing the neighborhood dogs, and would dash across the street to
chase any sized dog she saw. I don't know if she ever actually fought
with a dog - they all ran when they saw her coming, and she stopped
running once she put them to flight.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 14th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Fat Freddy" wrote in message
Has anybody heard about this one?

I heard that story on the news the other night.
It was about a lady who is trying to get a cat leash law passed.

A cat got into her backyard and scratched her pit bull, so she thinks
cats are too dangerous to roam free. For the protection of the public,
she thinks cats should have the same restraints as dogs.

I guess keeping cats tied up will prevent those unfortunate incidents
we hear about so often of a kid being killed or having his face eaten
off by a neighbors cat.

Now be fair. (And I'm laughing here, don't anyone take me too seriously)

The day after Christmas, Jake our normally placid Siamese attacked Kayla our
then two month old border collie pup. I saw the attack part which was very
much one-sided are premeditated. There was much squealing and screeching
mostly behind the recliner, and the dog came yelping out scattering blood
drops from her ear. I got the bleeding stopped and cleaned up but she now
has a half inch slit on the edge of her ear. She must have given near as
good as she got because the cat leaves her alone now and Kayla has even
walked across him a time or two and sat on him once.

There is no telling what a cat will do if the mood strikes.

Jo

Old January 14th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Marina wrote:

[...]

A friend of mine had a laid-back marmelade cat who used to
beat up on the neighbor's little miniature poodle, every
once in a while (when its constant yapping got on his nerves
too badly).

Pit Bull Dave Cat rescue 0 December 29th 05 02:07 AM
Pit Bull Dave Cat rescue 0 December 24th 05 04:29 AM
Pit Bull hey hey HEY??? Cat rescue 0 December 22nd 05 02:27 PM
Man Beats Kitten To Death With Shovel Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 46 May 15th 04 09:20 PM
Betty the bull L. Kelly Cat anecdotes 5 September 24th 03 05:45 PM