The kitten nursery (major KFW!!)

Old July 3rd 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Default The kitten nursery (major KFW!!)

On Jul 1, 12:08*pm, wrote:
I think I mentioned here that I started volunteering at a local
Humane Society last month, caring for baby kittens before they're
ready for fostering or adoption.

Well, another one of the volunteers took a bunch of photos of the
current bunch of litters, and posted them on the web. I figured
you guys could use a dose of kitten cuteness.

Toward the beginning of the series, there are some photos of a
dilute orange kitten who's a bit older than most of the others. He's
been in the nursery longer than usual because he had lice for several
weeks. And I think he went stir-crazy because he was stuck in the cage
so long, and couldn't be handled, poor guy! Now he's making up for
lost time. He loves being out of the cage and playing with people.
I was there last night and took him out of the cage 3 times during
the evening, just because he was so anxious to get out. Every time I
opened that cage to visit with another kitten who was in there with
him, he'd throw himself at the opening! The third time I took him out,
he fell asleep in my arms, purring.

Here are the photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dornell

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. *^..^

SQUEEEEAAALLL THUD!

My eyes! My eyes! I'm blinded by such insane cuteness overload!

Thanks for sharing the pix, Joyce. They're ALL eminently take home-
able. How have you been able to resist?

Melissa
Old July 3rd 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Shiral wrote:

My eyes! My eyes! I'm blinded by such insane cuteness overload!

Thanks for sharing the pix, Joyce. They're ALL eminently take home-
able. How have you been able to resist?

Well, there was this one orange boy who grabbed my heart... but the
message has been very clear from the Three, which is "No More Feline
Residents in Our House". And it's too much havoc for me, too - I'm
stressed as it is! Which is why I have to get my kitten fix at the
shelter.

Sometime, maybe, I'd like to foster again, but not right now.

Old July 3rd 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

wrote in message
Shiral wrote:

My eyes! My eyes! I'm blinded by such insane cuteness overload!

Thanks for sharing the pix, Joyce. They're ALL eminently take
home-
able. How have you been able to resist?

Well, there was this one orange boy who grabbed my heart... but the
message has been very clear from the Three, which is "No More Feline
Residents in Our House". And it's too much havoc for me, too - I'm
stressed as it is! Which is why I have to get my kitten fix at the
shelter.

Sometime, maybe, I'd like to foster again, but not right now.

What you are doing can be tough on the heart strings. But it is a
wonderful thing to do. You are letting the bitties settle down so when
their one true home becomes available they can look sweet long enough
to hook in their new slaves.

Jo

Old July 4th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wrote:
I think I mentioned here that I started volunteering at a local
Humane Society last month, caring for baby kittens before they're
ready for fostering or adoption.

snip
Here are the photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dornell

Thanks for the pics! They are all so adorable!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Major Milestone Sherry Cat anecdotes 17 July 15th 07 04:08 PM
Major Purchase H*ll [email protected] Cat anecdotes 28 May 7th 06 07:00 PM
MAJOR Thank You's jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 January 25th 05 02:25 AM
Major BW!! Lisa ^..^ Cat anecdotes 4 January 15th 04 03:35 AM
Major cat problems GR81 Cat health & behaviour 20 July 5th 03 10:30 AM