Another funny pic

Old February 3rd 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Another funny pic

First, suicide bombers are not martyrs. Thet're murderous psychopats.
Second, cartoons are supposed to be funny and irreverent.The people who
got offended
are insecure morons with no sense of humor.

Old February 3rd 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Freedom of Speech in the USA is a great thing that comes with great
consequences

Ever since the 'patriot act' your freedom of speech is alot more restricted
than you'd like to think... ( & way more restricted than your Govt. would
like you to think)... Next comes the thought police, soon after, You'll love
big brother.
be vigilant, be carefull, be informed.

--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old February 3rd 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

223rem wrote:
I don't find Christian Fundamentalists any less dangerous than Muslim
fundamentalists for that matter,

========================

Really? We better start guarding our subways and airports against
Christian suicide bombers then!. And brace for beheadings in
the Bible belt.

PS: Moral equivalence doesnt imply high morals.

Yeah, protect the abortion clinics, protect anyone who owns the oil
that you want, protect women, protect ethnic minorities, in fact
protect the whole world, need I go on.

Old February 3rd 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

223rem wrote:
I don't find Christian Fundamentalists any less dangerous than Muslim
fundamentalists for that matter,

========================

Really? We better start guarding our subways and airports against
Christian suicide bombers then!. And brace for beheadings in
the Bible belt.

PS: Moral equivalence doesnt imply high morals.

Yeah, protect the abortion clinics, protect anyone who owns the oil
that you want, protect women, protect ethnic minorities, in fact
protect the whole world, need I go on.

If this was a perfect world there would be no need to worry about those
things but it is not by a long shot but subjects both of you are
describing can't be debated without emotion clouding your responses and all
it is going to lead to is a bunch of BS response and a flaming war which we
don't need out here

Old February 3rd 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
NMR wrote:

Freedom of Speech in the USA is a great thing that comes with great
consequences

What does that have to do with a Danish cartoon?

--
Cheryl

Read the rest of the post and you can figure it out :-)

Old February 3rd 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...
I detest Bush and the Religous Right but I doubt that they'd incite
their
fellow fundamentalist christians to murder the cartoonist in
question. But I'm sure you actually knew that the moral equivalence
you're drawing here between Islamists and Christian Fundamentalists
is absurd. You're just grasping at straws trying to find excuses for
Muslim atrocities..

But do you really think that appeasing the Islamists
will make them hate you less?

using the atrocities commited by war criminals who use their religion to
justify the crimes they commit (as nazis used christianity to justify
genocide, and the muslims used christianity to justify anyone in their way)
to excuse offensive and insensitive cartoons is ridiculous and achieves
nothing. except allowing idiots like you to get away with thinking their
xenophobic principles are 'ok' and 'normal'

Old February 3rd 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"223rem" wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't find Christian Fundamentalists any less dangerous than Muslim
fundamentalists for that matter,

Really? We better start guarding our subways and airports against
Christian suicide bombers then!. And brace for beheadings in
the Bible belt.

PS: Moral equivalence doesnt imply high morals.

oh no, we don't suicide bomb....we send large armies and warheads and kill
women and children just because a terrorist leader might perhaps have been
somewhere in the vicinity sometime in the last week or so.