Some felinely feline kitty-cat questions that are probably STOOOOOPID

Old November 18th 09, 06:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
[email protected]

Default Some felinely feline kitty-cat questions that are probably STOOOOOPID

Sorry about these probably being STOOOOOPID questions that may have
been asked here before already many times in the past, but I'm new
here, and often when I played with my very playful, affectionate,
friendly, & all-around outstanding female cat, she would sort of bite
my foot or toes very gently, softly, & slowly, and then lick the same
spot or area on my foot/toes several times. And sometimes she would
just go ahead & do the licking without any of the very gentle, soft, &
slow biting first to start with. Why did she do that? Why would my
cat do that?

Also, do cats have any sense of humor in any way(s) at all, can any
cats be ticklish at all, can any cats ever get & suffer from obsessive-
compulsive disorder (OCD), and finally, do cats ever dream or have any
nightmares while sleeping?

Any attempt(s) or effort(s) to reply in any helpful manner at all will
be well-appreciated - thank you.
Old November 18th 09, 11:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
AMUN[_5_]

wrote:
Sorry about these probably being STOOOOOPID questions that may have
been asked here before already many times in the past, but I'm new
here, and often when I played with my very playful, affectionate,
friendly, & all-around outstanding female cat, she would sort of bite
my foot or toes very gently, softly, & slowly, and then lick the same
spot or area on my foot/toes several times. And sometimes she would
just go ahead & do the licking without any of the very gentle, soft, &
slow biting first to start with. Why did she do that? Why would my
cat do that?

The soft biting is to show you that "I am very capable of hurting you if I
wanted, but see,....I don't, cause I like you"
Humans scratching/rubbing a cats belly sends the same message to kitty

Also, do cats have any sense of humor in any way(s) at all,

Sure, but it's a bit warped if you use (most) human standards.
e.g. Look how funny this wounded sparrow is hopping around for an hour
screaming in agony before I finally bite it's head off.
Although some may also say the "evening crazies" is the cats way of getting
a laugh.

can any cats be ticklish at all,

Yup,....and usually they let you know with a nip, when you hit the spot, as
they can't laugh and beg you to stop.

can any cats ever get & suffer from obsessive-
compulsive disorder (OCD),

Are ANY cats NOT obsessive/compulsive ???
Just leave a door closed, and see what happens

and finally, do cats ever dream or have any
nightmares while sleeping?

Yup,....all creatures with a brain dream.

Old November 18th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Bill Graham

wrote in message
[...]

Cats bite gently as a sign of affection. I have five cats and most of them
do this. Some do it more gently than others. Since I have psoriases, my skin
is pretty thin, and they sometimes draw blood, but I don't mind, because I
know they are doing it out of affection and don't mean to hurt me.

Old November 20th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Fur Conspiracy

Purrooooffffttt!

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:15:22 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Sorry about these probably being STOOOOOPID questions that may have
been asked here before already many times in the past, but I'm new
here, and often when I played with my very playful, affectionate,
friendly, & all-around outstanding female cat, she would sort of bite
my foot or toes very gently, softly, & slowly, and then lick the same
spot or area on my foot/toes several times. And sometimes she would
just go ahead & do the licking without any of the very gentle, soft, &
slow biting first to start with. Why did she do that? Why would my
cat do that?

Cuz feetz can be interezzting, spezully wen da toez wiggle! (And
sumtimez wen dey smellz interezzting frum soks or shoez or wateffer.)
And nibble-chompz is a frendly ting to do. And making huminz be
puzzled iz evven more fun!

Also, do cats have any sense of humor in any way(s) at all,

Zertainly! Spezully bout huminz cuz huminz do zoooo manny funny
tingz.

can any
cats be ticklish at all,

Definimitely. Sumtimez on da tummy an sumtimez on da bak an sumtimez
on da tailflag an sumtimez whereffer.

can any cats ever get & suffer from obsessive-
compulsive disorder (OCD),

No. Not effur. Zertainly not! No 'scuze me but I gotta go take care
ov sumting furry importament, rite now, immediately, gotta go do dat!

and finally, do cats ever dream or have any
nightmares while sleeping?

Ov courze we do all ov dat. Owr brainz need time to recycle fingz
jusz like huminz do, an sumtimez mebbe da tingz are not pleazant.

Any attempt(s) or effort(s) to reply in any helpful manner at all will
be well-appreciated - thank you.

Chuggz an heddbumpz to ya,
GT

The Fur Conspiracy:
Mr. GrowlTiger (VC)
also Shadow da Pup
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]
Old December 5th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Lee

What about the part where the cat licks the toes or feet, sometimes
right after the gentle & soft biting? Is that also a way of showing
affection? Thanks.

Old December 5th 09, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Adam[_3_]

Lee wrote:
What about the part where the cat licks the toes or feet, sometimes
right after the gentle & soft biting? Is that also a way of showing
affection? Thanks.

Definitely! Cats groom each other (or other creatures) as a sign of
affection and exchanging of scents. The biting is to try to undo the
knots in your fur -- to a cat, what else could anything that hard be but
knotted fur?

Adam
Old December 6th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Fred Williams[_3_]

Adam wrote:

Lee wrote:
What about the part where the cat licks the toes or feet, sometimes
right after the gentle & soft biting? Is that also a way of showing
affection? Thanks.

Definitely! Cats groom each other (or other creatures) as a sign of
affection and exchanging of scents. The biting is to try to undo the
knots in your fur -- to a cat, what else could anything that hard be but
knotted fur?

Adam

That could be. I've never thought of it, but I always presumed that they
knew it was skin and that we hoomans were just fur challenged. Cat also
lick wounds to help them heal. (Their saliva kills bacteria to some
extent), and they are showing that, "yes I gave you love bites, but I'll
help any damage to heal. I care about you."

--
Regards,
Fred

Seeking help for kitty with Feline AIDS jenniferm242 Cat anecdotes 5 November 17th 05 01:28 PM
STOOOOOPID question Lee Cats - misc 6 October 2nd 05 11:38 PM
new kitty questions Tiger Girl Cats - misc 10 August 29th 04 03:44 AM
Various Kitty Questions Beth Cat health & behaviour 6 March 20th 04 02:48 AM
Looking for a vet... What questions should I ask? Al Kondo Cat health & behaviour 12 October 10th 03 07:59 PM