Lucky find

Old November 22nd 10, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Lucky find

On his way back from a hunting expedition Dave stopped at one of the
stores where we find deals on stuff for the cats. He came back with
120 assorted cans of Friskies @ 30 cents, total $36. And the exp. date
isn't until sometime in 2012.

Normally this quantity would cost $48 from Walmart. Every little bit
of savings helps! Last time I was at the same store, I got 7 boxes of
clumping litter for $10 total.

Old November 22nd 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
On his way back from a hunting expedition Dave stopped at one of the
stores where we find deals on stuff for the cats. He came back with
120 assorted cans of Friskies @ 30 cents, total $36. And the exp. date
isn't until sometime in 2012.

Normally this quantity would cost $48 from Walmart. Every little bit
of savings helps! Last time I was at the same store, I got 7 boxes of
clumping litter for $10 total.

Wow! Those are really good deals! What is the name of the store?

Joy

Old November 22nd 10, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Nov 22, 2:54*pm, Pat wrote:
On his way back from a hunting expedition Dave stopped at one of the
stores where we find deals on stuff for the cats. He came back with
120 assorted cans of Friskies @ 30 cents, total $36. And the exp. date
isn't until sometime in 2012.

Normally this quantity would cost $48 from Walmart. Every little bit
of savings helps! Last time I was at the same store, I got 7 boxes of
clumping litter for $10 total.

Do you have Aldi's stores there? Next time I'm in the city, I'm going
check out the cat food there. Fancy Feast is just becoming outrageous,
and Petsmart doesn't have sales as good as they used to.

Sherry
Old November 23rd 10, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:54:16 -0800 (PST), Pat
wrote:

On his way back from a hunting expedition Dave stopped at one of the
stores where we find deals on stuff for the cats. He came back with
120 assorted cans of Friskies @ 30 cents, total $36. And the exp. date
isn't until sometime in 2012.

Normally this quantity would cost $48 from Walmart. Every little bit
of savings helps! Last time I was at the same store, I got 7 boxes of
clumping litter for $10 total.

I love finding good deals like this. Sometimes you have to spend a bunch
of money up front, but you save in the long run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 23rd 10, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Sherry wrote:

Do you have Aldi's stores there? Next time I'm in the city, I'm
going to check out the cat food there. Fancy Feast is just becoming
outrageous, and Petsmart doesn't have sales as good as they used to.

We have Aldi's. Their catfood, Fine Feline, isn't too bad. It's .30/
can also. Not as well liked by the cats here as Friskies, but they'll
eat it. We buy it by the case. Their litter is reasonable too,
especially if you don't have too many cats.

Old November 23rd 10, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Joy wrote:

Wow! *Those are really good deals! *What is the name of the store?

Shelter's Discount Grocery
http://www.shetlersdiscountgrocery.com/

Old November 23rd 10, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Joy wrote:

Wow! *Those are really good deals! *What is the name of the store?

On the litter, they get containers that have been torn or cracked and
then taped up, and pack as many as will fit into a banana box, and
sell the whole box for $4.99. There's usually 3-4 bags/boxes/jugs of
litter in each box. Example: I got one box recently containing two
boxes of clumping Feline Pine, plus one bag of Yesterday's News. The
retail cost on these would have been around $27.

I'm always thankful to find these boxes of litter. They don't always
have them. Sometimes, I can get a 20# sack of Feline Pine pellets for
$2.95. That normally retails for about $10 all by itself.

One lucky cat Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 1 December 5th 07 11:50 PM
lucky cat! sandra Cat anecdotes 0 July 9th 06 03:57 PM
lucky cat Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \) Cat anecdotes 4 March 16th 06 05:12 PM
A very lucky cat dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 17 July 12th 04 11:09 AM
Lucky!!! Brenda Watkins Cat anecdotes 9 August 17th 03 05:12 PM