Is alt.binaries.pictures.animals accessible on the web?

Old January 30th 05, 04:07 PM
Gabey8

Default Is alt.binaries.pictures.animals accessible on the web?

Hi, all! I access RPCA via the web (at talkaboutpets.com), and I was
wondering... is there any website that allows access to the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals newsgroup?

I can't see the pics that are posted in there, at least not via the
website I'm using to access Usenet.

Google hasn't got that ng, either. Is there some other way to access it?

Donna

Old January 30th 05, 04:17 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:07:38 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) yodeled:

Hi, all! I access RPCA via the web (at talkaboutpets.com), and I was
wondering... is there any website that allows access to the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals newsgroup?

I can't see the pics that are posted in there, at least not via the
website I'm using to access Usenet.

Google hasn't got that ng, either. Is there some other way to access it?

Donna

Yes, you can check out usenet-replayer.com. They have a list of
binary groups that they access, including abpa. There is a time lag
before the pics show up. And there's someone who really seems to love
frogs and toads a great deal. But I did just see the pics of
Morgan the kitten (squeeeeeeal!) this morning.

Theresa
Old January 30th 05, 05:40 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:07:38 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) yodeled:

Hi, all! I access RPCA via the web (at talkaboutpets.com), and I was
wondering... is there any website that allows access to the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals newsgroup?

I can't see the pics that are posted in there, at least not via the
website I'm using to access Usenet.

Google hasn't got that ng, either. Is there some other way to access
it?

Donna

Yes, you can check out usenet-replayer.com. They have a list of
binary groups that they access, including abpa. There is a time lag
before the pics show up. And there's someone who really seems to love
frogs and toads a great deal. But I did just see the pics of
Morgan the kitten (squeeeeeeal!) this morning.

Theresa

Rod (in the Outback) loves frogs. I'm surprised he's so innundated with
them. He has them in his loo - yikes! And rescues them when they seem to
get too dried out. Remember, it's Summer in Australia. He's also a sheep
farmer (rancher?). Odd sort of things he posts.

Jill

Old January 30th 05, 07:19 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Karen Chuplis
wrote:

in article , Kreisleriana at
wrote on 1/30/05 10:17AM:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:07:38 -0500, "Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com
(formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) yodeled:

Hi, all! I access RPCA via the web (at talkaboutpets.com), and I was
wondering... is there any website that allows access to the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals newsgroup?

I can't see the pics that are posted in there, at least not via the
website I'm using to access Usenet.

Google hasn't got that ng, either. Is there some other way to access

it?

Donna

Yes, you can check out usenet-replayer.com. They have a list of
binary groups that they access, including abpa. There is a time lag
before the pics show up. And there's someone who really seems to love
frogs and toads a great deal. But I did just see the pics of
Morgan the kitten (squeeeeeeal!) this morning.

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

It's unfortunate that you don't get to read the stories that go with the
frogs. It's a fellow who lives way out back in Australia and he writes
the
most AMAZING and funny ancedotes about those frogs.

Another site is www.animalpicturesarchive.com/list.php?p=16, its also just
pictures.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old January 30th 05, 08:22 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Gabey8 wrote:

Hi, all! I access RPCA via the web (at talkaboutpets.com), and I was
wondering... is there any website that allows access to the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals newsgroup?

I can't see the pics that are posted in there, at least not via the
website I'm using to access Usenet.

Google hasn't got that ng, either. Is there some other way to access it?

Donna

Isn't it just a matter of "subscribing"? Right click on the
newsgroup server in the menu, select "subscribe", wait
(seems like forefver) for the list of newsgroups to appear,
then open "alt.", open "alt.binaries.", open
"alt.binaries.pictures." scroll down to
"alt.binaries.pictures.animals", highlight it and clikc
"subscribe".

Old January 30th 05, 08:49 PM
CK

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Gabey8 wrote:

Hi, all! I access RPCA via the web (at talkaboutpets.com), and I was
wondering... is there any website that allows access to the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals newsgroup?

I can't see the pics that are posted in there, at least not via the
website I'm using to access Usenet.

Google hasn't got that ng, either. Is there some other way to access it?

Donna

Isn't it just a matter of "subscribing"? Right click on the newsgroup
server in the menu, select "subscribe", wait (seems like forefver) for
the list of newsgroups to appear, then open "alt.", open
"alt.binaries.", open "alt.binaries.pictures." scroll down to
"alt.binaries.pictures.animals", highlight it and clikc "subscribe".

It *would* be a matter of subscribing if Donna was using a newsreader,
but like she said, she's accessing RPCA via the web. Web-accessing ng's
and using a newsreader work differently. You cannot just subscribe to
any ng that are usually available on most ISP's news servers, but have
to make do with the ones on the site, or find another site that has the
ng you want.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Old January 31st 05, 12:28 AM

Gabey8 wrote:

[...]

Next bit of advice: Get a news-server! Don't most ISP's
provide them as part of their internet service (except for
AOL, now)? I understand there are some free ones on offer
ut there, and others (like newsguys) charge very little per
year.

Old January 31st 05, 10:51 AM
Gabey8

[[Next bit of advice: Get a news-server! Don't most ISP's
provide them as part of their internet service (except for
AOL, now)? I understand there are some free ones on offer
ut there, and others (like newsguys) charge very little per
year.]]

True. A newsreader will definitely work for the times when I'm using our
main PC. But I'm on a treasure hunt for a web-based way to access ABPA
because sometimes I use a PDA to go online. I'm not entirely sure where to
find a newsreader for a WindowsCE-based device.

Plus, sometimes I sneak a peek at RPCA during lunch break at work, or, er,
times when I need a mental break from what I'm doing. ;o) I definitely
need to use a web-based method to access Usenet when I'm at work.

But the web-based Usenet sites that I was aware of don't carry the
alt.binaries.* hierarchy. So I figured I'd ask on here to see if there was
a web-based site I could use to see the pics being posted on there.

Donna

Old January 31st 05, 05:50 PM
SUQKRT

In article outpets.com,
"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote:

Hi, all! I access RPCA via the web (at talkaboutpets.com), and I was
wondering... is there any website that allows access to the
alt.binaries.pictures.animals newsgroup?

I can't see the pics that are posted in there, at least not via the
website I'm using to access Usenet.

Google hasn't got that ng, either. Is there some other way to access it?

Donna

Thanks Donna for mentioning Talk about pets for this group. I tried it last
night and it worked. AOHell is shutting down its newsreader. Google wont let me
sign up.